Hybrid View

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Reverse

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

I'm thinking also: Spyder with a 1400cc engine...

RT-S PE#0134
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Reverse
    LOL....I'd have to agree with most of what everybody else has mentioned, but Smylinacha's "reverse" comment is the one I'd vote for!!

Glynnk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yesterday the girlfriend and I went to Beaver Lake Nature Center to get in a 3 mile walk. Came back to the parking lot and there was a 4 year old boy looking at the spyder. Asked him if he would like to sit on it and he smiled from ear to ear until his mother took him off. He went home with a couple of pictures of himself sitting in the drivers position, We went home smiling because of how he loved getting on the spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    Yesterday the girlfriend and I went to Beaver Lake Nature Center to get in a 3 mile walk. Came back to the parking lot and there was a 4 year old boy looking at the spyder. Asked him if he would like to sit on it and he smiled from ear to ear until his mother took him off. He went home with a couple of pictures of himself sitting in the drivers position, We went home smiling because of how he loved getting on the spyder.
    I've done the same thing...Priceless!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 20% more "ride"

With all the little extras of stability, wheelbase and so on - when I ride the Spyder I find I can pay about 20% more attention to the world that I am riding in - not just the next 800 feet in front of me. I am really surprised how big a difference that extra 20% makes.

Plus, I have found that I really like the feel it delivers - like being strapped to the hood of a high performance sports car.

Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    With all the little extras of stability, wheelbase and so on - when I ride the Spyder I find I can pay about 20% more attention to the world that I am riding in - not just the next 800 feet in front of me. I am really surprised how big a difference that extra 20% makes.

Plus, I have found that I really like the feel it delivers - like being strapped to the hood of a high performance sports car.

Tom
    Though you have to refrain from letting it get out of hand, you do tend to see a lot more scenery riding the Spyder than you do on 2 or even 4 wheels. You can look around more while driving a car for the same reasons but it is amazing how limited your view is compared to the wide open Spyder. And you feel like more a part of the experience then when in a car.

I've ridden with a few 2 wheeled riders through the mountains and at the other end I ask, did you see this, did you see that? The answer is almost always, NO! I was too busy watching the road! (Like, 'Are you crazy?' 'Were you actually looking around in those turns?')

Good point!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    You can look around more while driving a car for the same reasons but it is amazing how limited your view is compared to the wide open Spyder. And you feel like more a part of the experience then when in a car.
    Especially in a 1/2 or 3/4 helmet.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.