Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question F3L Fox Shock install

Anybody out they replace their OEM front shocks with Can Am Accessory Fox Shocks? If so, notice an improvement in ride quality?
    Already have sway bar, tires, Centramatics installed.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Your looking at the Fox Adjustable for the front at $874.99 and the F3 rear at $679.99 (total before dealer install $1,554.98)
    for that price you can get M2's a way better shock (SpyderLovers members get a 20% discount on M2's)
    do a search on here for M2 Shock owners.

T.P.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    Your looking at the Fox Adjustable for the front at $874.99 and the rear at $679.99 (total before dealer install $1,554.98)
    for that price you can get M2's a way better shock (SpyderLovers members get a 20% discount on M2's)
    do a search on here for M2 Shock owners.

T.P.
    can am dealer on ebay is selling the fox shocks for $400 pair......I do my own work.
    Part # 219400733. Fox shocks. $400 plus $20 shipping.....ebay
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    can am dealer on ebay is selling the fox shocks for $400 pair......I do my own work.
    Please let me in on that dealer, I'm looking but don't want to pay the CanAm premium price, and the M2's are not much cheaper, last time
    I looked they were nearly $1200 for a front pair.

Needed for a 2013 STS-SM5, I don't think those Fox shocks for a F3 will work. Drat.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Anybody out they replace their OEM front shocks with Can Am Accessory Fox Shocks? If so, notice an improvement in ride quality?
    Already have sway bar, tires, Centramatics installed.
    Not specifically on an F3L, but found the Fox upgrade setup to be sprung correctly and the damping was accurate for our Spyder.

I purchased our setup for similar to what you found. Actually a very good value. Having rebuilt and tuned suspension products for decades, I was pleasantly surprised at how good our setup was out of the box.

My opinion is go for it. Be certain to measure you existing ride height, and if needed adjust whatever shocks you install back to that setting, or get the Spyder aligned after installing the shocks AND letting them have 100 miles to settle.

BTW, best to final tighten with weight on wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Not specifically on an F3L, but found the Fox upgrade setup to be sprung correctly and the damping was accurate for our Spyder.

I purchased our setup for similar to what you found. Actually a very good value. Having rebuilt and tuned suspension products for decades, I was pleasantly surprised at how good our setup was out of the box.

My opinion is go for it. Be certain to measure you existing ride height, and if needed adjust whatever shocks you install back to that setting, or get the Spyder aligned after installing the shocks AND letting them have 100 miles to settle.

BTW, best to final tighten with weight on wheels.
    Good Advice
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Good Advice
    Ok,I’ll buy em.....$400 isn’t gonna break the bank......if doesn’t work.....I’ll sell em.
    All very good advice and spot on.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Last night I installed. Ron's spring adjuster and found the top bolts are a little hard to get to I had a offset wrench but it would not fit very well so I went looking for a different wrench at auto zone I found a set of offset.that worked like they were made for it just the right offset and length made by durlast set was 25.00.

Spyder Garage

Ok,I’ll buy em.....$400 isn’t gonna break the bank......if doesn’t work.....I’ll sell em.
    All very good advice and spot on.
    FWIW, I bought the first pair of Fox Shox I installed on our Spyder. I decided they are a pretty good setup for us, so when another person here asked me to trade my take off oem shocks with low miles for a second set of Fox Shox, we swapped. I now have a second set of Fox Shox with low mileage, sitting in the box, that someday may get installed.

Pretty certain they will be fine for you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    FWIW, I bought the first pair of Fox Shox I installed on our Spyder. I decided they are a pretty good setup for us, so when another person here asked me to trade my take off oem shocks with low miles for a second set of Fox Shox, we swapped. I now have a second set of Fox Shox with low mileage, sitting in the box, that someday may get installed.

Pretty certain they will be fine for you.
    Thanks, already ordered shocks
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue