Spyder Garage

Default Finally found time to install my fuel door!

DSCN1418.jpg

Finally found time to install a fuel door. For those who may be confused as to what door to install, this door is for a 94-99 GMC Yukon/ 99-00 Yukon-Denali-escalade. The outer ring diameter is 6 3/8''. I've have big hands & have no problem getting my hands through the door to the gas cap. I installed a PermaCap11 which makes it's easier again.

A special thanks to BLUEKNIGHT 911 for his invaluable info, & made it a piece of cake to install the door. Thanks again Mike.

Spyder Garage

Default Well done....

Even with the help of our resident expert on gas doors...still a good job. Looks great in black and handy no doubt...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Even with the help of our resident expert on gas doors...still a good job. Looks great in black and handy no doubt...
    Thanks Chupaca, & yes It's very handy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    , Thanks for the shout -out .....and glad I could help .....You did a nice job on that install ...........Mike
    Thanks Mike.

Spyder Garage

Default Expert installer

Looks nice - now you are the latest expert installer. I'll need to make a trip to Australia so you can install one for me. *lol*
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

A good job.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Do you have a part number? Also, how did you install it and what kinds of tips do you have? My wife has a 2016 Rt Limtied and we need to install one now that my wife is traveling with her terrier in a pet holder on the back seat. Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gregtal View Post
    Do you have a part number? Also, how did you install it and what kinds of tips do you have? My wife has a 2016 Rt Limtied and we need to install one now that my wife is traveling with her terrier in a pet holder on the back seat. Thanks!
    I agree. It's time for me to consider doing this mod on our two bikes so I don't have to lift up the seat (and remove whatever is on it) each time I refuel.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Another question - is there an inner ring part that the door locks onto? I found the fuel door on ebay, but it appears to need an inner ring because the lock flange on the picture of the part they posted doesn't mesh with anything...thanks!
    Last edited by Gregtal; 01-09-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

I do not think this will work on the F3.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Another question - is there an inner ring part that the door locks onto? I found the fuel door on ebay, but it appears to need an inner ring because the lock flange on the picture of the part they posted doesn't mesh with anything...thanks!
    I sent you a PM about this ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Looks like BLUEKNIGHT911 has sent you his really good info. There is no inner ring. When the door is shut & the key turned to lock the door, the flange uses the thick plastic seat material to lock behind. See post #1 for the door. Manufacturer part # CBK-101BK. I've attached a few photos. Once the door is mounted, I filled in the void with black silastic. To Smooth it off use some watered down detergent or spit on your finger. See photo 3. Fairly easy job, & don't rush it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    Looks like BLUEKNIGHT911 has sent you his really good info. There is no inner ring. When the door is shut & the key turned to lock the door, the flange uses the thick plastic seat material to lock behind. See post #1 for the door. Manufacturer part # CBK-101BK. I've attached a few photos. Once the door is mounted, I filled in the void with black silastic. To Smooth it off use some watered down detergent or spit on your finger. See photo 3. Fairly easy job, & don't rush it.
    and I see Treva used " T " nuts on the inside ...……...Mike

Spyder Garage

G'day Treva

Where in Queensland are you located. If close to the Gold Coast, I would not mind having a look if that is OK with you.

Cheers
    Frank

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    Does it matter where the hinge is located?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    G'day Treva

Where in Queensland are you located. If close to the Gold Coast, I would not mind having a look if that is OK with you.

Cheers
    Frank
    Hello Frank, I'm located at Montville [ Near Maleny ] Sunshine Coast hinterland. If your up for it, by all means do come & have a look. Better still, ride up, or take seat off & drive, & I'll fit the door. No charge. Just Good to meet like minded spyder riders. Treva.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Does it matter where the hinge is located?
    G'day UP, yes it probably does matter. I installed the hinge for the door to open from left to right so it wouldn't interfere with the bowser fuel handle. It works a treat, & should be fitted as standard. Treva.