Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1835
    Spyder Garage

I've mounted Acerbis Dual Road handguards with 17572 mount kit. No problems with mirror view except when the handlebars are on the top, although the problem is not the handguards, but the controller set. Added some Liqui Moly to the screws.

IMG_20230303_173436.jpg

IMG_20230303_173914.jpg

IMG_20230303_173926.jpg

IMG_20230303_174513.jpg

IMG_20230303_174558_1.jpg

IMG_20230303_174613.jpg
    Last edited by mcalva; 03-04-2023 at 10:52 AM. Reason: controler - controller ;-)
    2018 Spyder F3 Ltd
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Two days ago, I changed the oil and filters on my 2012 RT SE5 for the first time by myself. Dealer does it quicker, but hey, gotta learn sometime right?

Today I was in the garage and gave it a good wax on, wax off; and it is now shiny and looking good
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-04-2023 at 02:46 PM. Reason: ' 's + ;-)
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

Replaced the 28 month old battery on my 2020. It was throwing a sporadic VSS code and sounding different when cranking. Put it on a battery tender until fully charged and it was still so dead the dash would not even light. Dealer was the only one in the area with the correct battery. All is good now. Seems to even run and shift better .
    2020 RTL Chrome Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Cool Made a whole lotta room in front of the engine

What a lot of Junk just to make the intake quiet, finally got ambitious enough to do it. Now I got lots of area free around the engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-09-2023 at 07:52 PM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    2013 Spyder ST-SE5
    US Army 1971-1973
    Army Guard 1990
    Air Guard 1991-2010

Spyder Garage

It was a mildly irritating Saturday working on the tryke. We had three things to do - sway bar, NBV pegs and BRP armrests. We decided to tackle the sway bar first.

Now some time ago, I asked on this site how would I tell if I have a Bajaron sway bar. I was told to look for the end links - if they were plastic, then I didn't have one. Well, I'm here to say that's not correct in my case. We went through all the effort to get the sway bar out only to find the Bajaron decal on it. Measured the bars with calipers (just in case) and they're the same size. How annoying, I could have just bought the upgraded end links and done less work. So, since everything was apart and I had it on hand, we put the new one in.

Anyone want a used sway bar?

While we had it all apart, we went for the NBV brackets next. Watched a couple of videos that weren't clear enough for us apparently. It took us a couple tries to figure out what went in front or behind the bottom bracket mounting point so that everything would line up. We got it all together with the ISO pegs and it looks good. Haven't taken a long ride yet, but the pegs feel nice and give me another angle. Also I can rest my heels on the floor boards and my toes on the pegs.

Sadly, since we started late we didn't have time to get to the BRP Arm rests.

Got word yesterday that my M2 shocks are due to be shipped this week. That's going to be a serious project.

After that, I'm looking at a new seat.

Maybe I should have just bought a newer tryke?
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    Now some time ago, I asked on this site how would I tell if I have a Bajaron sway bar. I was told to look for the end links - if they were plastic, then I didn't have one.
    So, someone gave you some bad advice. Of course that would be a logical thought, but as you discovered, it is possible to install Ron's bar without the end links. Just as some install his links without replacing the bar. I'm not sure why anyone would, but apparently your previous owner did. Lesson learned.
    Last edited by FrogmanDave; 03-15-2023 at 05:09 PM.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Replaced OEM air filter with K&N high flow filter. Not sure if it's gonna make a difference, but still, it's done.

Spyder Garage

Moved the seat heater switch next to the grip heater switch, Shoulda been there originally.
    Adj removable backrest, KOTT radiator screens
    Double horn (118db), Lamonster mirror fix
    tender plug in, luggage liner/bags, FOBO 2
    Drinks2go cup holder, replaced the seat strut
    Garmin DriveSmart 71 GPS, Garmin BC 30 backup camera.
    White pulley, Pedal Commander
    Laminar Lip- looks fonky but works.
    J&M 2003 CB installed
    Home made belt guard
    7x12 enclosed trailer

2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic

Skip H.

Spyder Garage

Wifes bike - 2020 Spyder RTL
    Already did sway bar and air filter
    Just added amber and red led lights to the fenders and amber turn signals on the back of the mirrors
    Now she wants the added led tail lights/turn signals to the back of the side bags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SkipH View Post
    Moved the seat heater switch next to the grip heater switch, Shoulda been there originally.
    I have never thought of that. Brilliant! I'll swap it with my garage door opener button and it will look much better. Thanks for the idea.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Installed Wilbers Shocks Front and rear with an HPA for easy adjustment between 1 and 2 up riding. Went out for a solo test ride and also one with the wife.

It is a night and day difference from the stock shocks to this.

IMG_20230318_143907256.jpg IMG_20230318_143824860.jpg IMG_20230318_143800377.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-19-2023 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Got around to installing the BRP armrests. The right side was a real pain as I couldn't get the antenna unscrewed so I had to do it that really hard way. But they're on and look great. Waiting on the shocks to show up so we can fix the air system at the same time. Then we'll test everything out.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I replaced the back panel on my 2020 RT with a LinQ Rack as the stock cover cracked and did not accept a fiberglass repair job. I did remove all the finished and prepped the surface really well, but the resin simply lifted off with almost no effort. Instead of messing with it any further, I decided to add the Rack. It fits really well and seems considerably more substantial compared to the OEM cover that seems to be engineered to fail.

Spyder Garage

Brought my new-to-me 2017 RTL home on a flat deck CC95BB32-6364-416B-B3CF-00E0F9F9730A.jpg

It was nice wet snow so it was like it went through a 35km-long car wash, so all the dust from 2 years of sitting came off easily. Tomorrow starts the fiddling and farkling.

Ryde safe,
    Rod.

'08 GS SM5 Full Moon -- after 15,000km sold May'11
    '10 RT A+C SE5 Full Moon -- after 30,700km traded in 2014
    '17 RTL Pearl White -- new-to-me in 2023

"I guess its better to bend a valve in Missoula than to lose your mind in Bozeman", my wife said, patting my hand as if to console me. I winced and wondered if Phaedrus ever took the bus." -Peter Egan, Leanings

CanAm Highway goes from Texas along U.S. Route 85 and Interstate 25 into Saskatchewan, Canada.<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CanAm_Highway>

Spyder Garage

Yesterday I replaced my battery minder cable with a longer, beefier one, then added a 12v and dual USB power unit to the handlebars. I used an SAE type plug that I can plug into the battery minder cord when underway.
    2020 rRt Ace , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

Finished install of Kumho rear tire. 8019 miles on stock Kenda and the center was bald. Adjusted e-brake. Change oil and filter, new o-rings this time around as well. 3.25 quarts of 10w40, 2 quarts of 20w50. Change air filter with factory Can Am. Took it for a spin.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carbonation View Post
    Finished install of Kumho rear tire. 8019 miles on stock Kenda and the center was bald. Adjusted e-brake. Change oil and filter, new o-rings this time around as well. 3.25 quarts of 10w40, 2 quarts of 20w50. Change air filter with factory Can Am. Took it for a spin.
    Kenda tire with 8019 miles is average, but the mixing of two different weight motor oils caught my attention. Is this something you do on every oil change or an experiment? Not saying good or bad, just inquisitive ! = a "13w43" approximate

Good Luck .Bill
    Last edited by Knizar; 04-02-2023 at 06:53 PM.
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Carbo, interesting on the oil change. I was thinking almost the same on the oil, 2.25 quarts of 5/40, and 2 quarts of 15/40. Thanks for the comment.

Spyder Garage

Pretty close to what I do. I have a bike that uses 15w50. On the spyder, I use 3.5 quarts 10w40 and 1.75 quarts of 15w50. I'm getting low on 10w40, so I'm thinking of replacing that with 10w50.
    Last edited by troop; 04-03-2023 at 06:38 AM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

My spyder is still in hibernation. I did not do anything to it.

I am counting the days down for when my spyder will be getting out of hibernation!( Off topic: Sleds are sleeping)

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    Kenda tire with 8019 miles is average, but the mixing of two different weight motor oils caught my attention. Is this something you do on every oil change or an experiment? Not saying good or bad, just inquisitive ! = a "13w43" approximate

Good Luck .Bill
    Oil is kinda of my thing.
    The math you did, doesn't work, though, with oil and viscosity. There are tools on the web, one being the Widman Viscosity Calculator, that pretty accurately gets you the cold and hot points for viscosity of fluid blends. I actually simply thickened the hot point of the 40 weight to the top of the API 40 weight viscosity scale. I don't care about the cold side, the garage has never been below 40 degrees, and we are moving into warm weather rapidly. But I want, for me, and me alone, your mileage may vary, the thickest oil in the sump I can get, and still stay in the spirit of what CanAm is calling for. I ran Motul 15w50 once, and the engine was slightly hotter (temp gun) and general performance just felt off. BUT that stuff is really thick, at the high end of the 50 weight scale. Folks are going to chime in about how this isn't right, can't do that, stay with 40 weight, run CanAm oil, blah blah, run the AmSoil pyramid scheme, get your supplies from so and so. Nah, I'm fine, the Spyder is happy on this blend, and it's what I plan on doing for a long time.
    oil viscosity chart.pdf
    Last edited by carbonation; 04-03-2023 at 09:09 AM.

Spyder Garage

Oil is kinda of my thing.
    The math you did, doesn't work, though, with oil and viscosity. There are tools on the web, one being the Widman Viscosity Calculator, that pretty accurately gets you the cold and hot points for viscosity of fluid blends. I actually simply thickened the hot point of the 40 weight to the top of the API 40 weight viscosity scale. I don't care about the cold side, the garage has never been below 40 degrees, and we are moving into warm weather rapidly. But I want, for me, and me alone, your mileage may vary, the thickest oil in the sump I can get, and still stay in the spirit of what CanAm is calling for. .......
    Dunno if you've even noticed, but given that, what sort of MPG do you get?? We get pretty warm weather over here in my part of Oz, and I do like riding out into areas where it gets even hotter, so I was juuust wondering...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Don't know. Is what it is. I assume with confidence that riding style plays a much larger part in MPG than the difference between the top and bottom of the 40 weight viscosity scale. That, and the variation in pump swlll we get here in USA.....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-05-2023 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Rule 2 ;-/

Spyder Garage

Don't know. Is what it is. I assume with confidence that riding style plays a much larger part in MPG than the difference between the top and bottom of the 40 weight viscosity scale. That, and the variation in pump swlll we get here in USA.....
    That is certainly the 'traditional' expectation, but I think you'd be very surprised at how much difference running even just a slightly heavier oil than recommended can make!!

I've seen it first-hand in many vehicles & vehicle types, and I've noticed that those Spyders here in Oz that run even slightly heavier oils never seem to be amongst those getting the best mileage, so was wondering about yours too...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Got some magic mirrors and plan to put those on soon. Probably the same time I change the oil, tranny filter and air filter.

2017 Spyder RTL

Mods
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    Mesh Intake covers
    LED Skidplate
    LED Headlights and Foglights
    TricLED Dual Color LED A-Arm Running Light Strips with Blinker
    12V Cell Phone / GPS Docking Station with Dual USB Charge Ports
    Quick detatch backrest
    Show Chrome RT Trunk Rack
    Show Chrome Short Spiral Radio Antenna
    Custom Airbrushed paint with ghost flames