Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I have owned motorcycles and other toys for 45 years. I think the Spyder line up represents good value for money when compared with other "toys"

I wish there were more dealers/service facilities out there but I knew going in that it was a "niche' machine and not as well supported as other makes. I have owned Triumph, Moto Guzzi, BMW and Victory bikes that had the same issue.

I wish BRP would upgrade the tech on these machines (key fob, built in alarm, better stereo and navigation etc) but otherwise I am a pretty happy camper.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Palm Desert)
    Grey - dark edition

2015 Spyder F3 S (Vancouver)

2017 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer

Spyder Garage

Thanks for this vid; as you requested I watched it to the end. Some good points, some I disagree with but different opinions are what makes for good, informative discussion.
    I would like to offer some constructive criticism of your vid. From about the 3:55 through to 4:45 portion you comment on service availability and competency. Unfortunately, in some cases you paint all dealerships and/or technicians with a negative broad-brush of information that neither you nor anyone else could know. When talking generally about pop-up shops as well as dedicated dealers you use words to the effect: no one knows how to work on the machines; 2 wheel bikes will get priority and I can tell you for a fact that's what happens; technicians don't want to learn how to work on Spyders and when they do, they do a shi#*! job. My experience with servicing has been more good than bad.
    Speaking as a guy with over 40 years of presenting arguments, orally and in writing, broad-brush comments rarely work. Again, thanks for the vid.
    2022 RT Deep Marsala Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix38 View Post
    Please watch the whole video before making comments. I think alot of this has to be said. You may not agree with everything, but you can't say I don't make some solid points here....
    Who is your intended audience and what are you trying to achieve? It doesn't resonate with me, sorry.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-15-2023 at 05:45 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I’m with you, Idaho. If I don’t like a movie I have paid to see, I am not going to sit all the way through it, I am going to leave. For some reason, the OP believes this disqualifies me from critiquing it? An odd attitude to say the least. It’s the film makers responsibility to keep me engaged from start to finish. If I switch off, that is not MY issue

I lost interest in the video after 8 minutes when the generalisations and name calling started. That’s not the method you use to show credibility in presenting your viewpoint and keep the viewers attention.

I agree that there were a couple of “solid points” along the lines that CanAm needs to ensure a better educated, more readily available service/repair network for CanAm Spyders/Rykers, but the rest was just waffle, unless the OP has access to CanAm’s manufacturing cost structures that enable him to specify exactly how much CanAm should be charging for a unit. As I mentioned earlier, the best guess for Honda or BMW to produce a reverse trike is significantly higher than the Spyder cost, as their 2 wheel top level offerings are already around the same price as a top level 3 wheel Spyder.

…….and yes, I’m a Boomer…….one who spent the last 20 years separating the wheat from the chaff in multi million $ IT solution submissions…….sorry, but this one’s in the bin for me. Of course, others may love it and agree fully with it. That’s life.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

i took the time to watch the whole video and i have some thoughts and comments. I basically see it broken down into 3 categories 1) pricing 2) dealerships/service 3) advertising 4) sourcing parts

1) Pricing issues... while i generally agree that prices are too high, I will say that the only other trike (i dont consider the niken or slingshot as trikes) on the market is from harley Davidson. The freewheeler starts at $30k the RG3 starts at $33k and the Tri Glide starts at $37k. i am not going to argue that they are any better or worse just saying that they are a whole lot more expensive. I will say that I am searching for a good condition used F3-s or f3t and for the most part ones that are 6-8 years old are being listed and sometimes sold for high prices. For example I recently say a 2017 f3-s listed for $16500 with 8k miles and it sold (but i dont know how much for). This is a bike that was $20k new and now it's 6 years old with some mileage and only depreciated $3500.

2) Dealerships and service - this is 100% accurate. Too many dealers just sell them but dont know how to fix them or sit for months before they are fixed an even bigger problem with dealers is some of the crazy mark-ups they add. I went to a local dealer in early 2020 to look at a 2019 ryker rally they had for sale and the msrp prices of 11500 price quickly became over $16k after tax, fees, markups, other fees, doc fees, destination charges, assembly charges, sat on the showroom floor charges etc

3) I feel like can am has not done an amazing job at this but i also feel like they have put in some effort. The do put out some videos and they have specific ambassadors who put out videos for the ryker such as Ryker chick, three wheel khalil, ryker rydes, ryker dr and others... i will say that their effort seems much more about the ryker than the spyder tho

4) I have no comments about sourcing parts as every company seems to be saying that and i dont know when its true and when its just an excuse

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    16 minutes of my life that I will never get back.
    If ya hop on your spyder and get her up to about Mach 3, you can actually go into a time warp and get those 16 minutes back.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    i took the time to watch the whole video and i have some thoughts and comments. I basically see it broken down into 3 categories 1) pricing 2) dealerships/service 3) advertising 4) sourcing parts

1) Pricing issues... while i generally agree that prices are too high, I will say that the only other trike (i dont consider the niken or slingshot as trikes) on the market is from harley Davidson. The freewheeler starts at $30k the RG3 starts at $33k and the Tri Glide starts at $37k. i am not going to argue that they are any better or worse just saying that they are a whole lot more expensive. I will say that I am searching for a good condition used F3-s or f3t and for the most part ones that are 6-8 years old are being listed and sometimes sold for high prices. For example I recently say a 2017 f3-s listed for $16500 with 8k miles and it sold (but i dont know how much for). This is a bike that was $20k new and now it's 6 years old with some mileage and only depreciated $3500.

2) Dealerships and service - this is 100% accurate. Too many dealers just sell them but dont know how to fix them or sit for months before they are fixed an even bigger problem with dealers is some of the crazy mark-ups they add. I went to a local dealer in early 2020 to look at a 2019 ryker rally they had for sale and the msrp prices of 11500 price quickly became over $16k after tax, fees, markups, other fees, doc fees, destination charges, assembly charges, sat on the showroom floor charges etc

3) I feel like can am has not done an amazing job at this but i also feel like they have put in some effort. The do put out some videos and they have specific ambassadors who put out videos for the ryker such as Ryker chick, three wheel khalil, ryker rydes, ryker dr and others... i will say that their effort seems much more about the ryker than the spyder tho

4) I have no comments about sourcing parts as every company seems to be saying that and i dont know when its true and when its just an excuse
    At least someone gets it. To be fair, Ryker Chick and 3 wheel khalil barley put out content now. Ryker rides is really good and she totally deserves to be an ambassador. I've switched over from a Spyder to a Ryker, but I got years of Spyder content that has helped a lot of people out.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    …….and yes, I’m a Boomer…….one who spent the last 20 years separating the wheat from the chaff in multi million $ IT solution submissions....
    I never understood comments like this.. like.. .who cares.. I've been in IT for 15 years.. yay for us I guess lol

Well.. I'm done ladies and gentlemen. I got more and better videos to put out this year, so hit that subscribe button and follow along with me for the ride
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-15-2023 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display; Caps, & ' 's ;-/
    2013 RS , Custom black and green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

no thanks

Spyder Garage

Since Can Am has the market cornered on these 3 wheel machines, They kind of control everything. You want one ? you pay the price to have one. Did I think the price was outrageous on our 2022 RTL when we bought it ? I sure did ! but after riding a friends 22 RTL, we just had to have one ! They are a very unique vehicle and provide a ride like no other 3 wheel vehicle out there. I used to race motocross back in the 80's & 90's, bikes were around the 3k range, Today there are around 12k !!! Thats just for a dirtbike !! Everything is extremely expensive today, Not just Spyder's.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

.....Well.. i'm done ladies and gentlemen. I got more and better videos to put out this year, so hit that subscribe button and follow along with me for the ride
    Now I get it. It’s all about You Tube hits…$$…

Also, there's your “merch” t shirt store....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-15-2023 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display & Removed Non-sponsor advertising. :-/
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Palm Desert)
    Grey - dark edition

2015 Spyder F3 S (Vancouver)

2017 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer

Spyder Garage

I never understood comments like this.. like.. .who cares.. I've been in IT for 15 years.. yay for us I guess lol
    It certainly comes as no surprise that you would not understand the reason for the comment.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red