Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    I don't understand how someone can feel bullied on an internet forum, or more importantly why someone would let a stranger on a forum make them feel bullied. Heck, most of you here hate me and some of us have had it out, but I've never felt bullied or even given any of it a second thought. Most times its all been laughable, but never personal.

As long as the comments aren't threatening I just don't see it. Some people just have very thin skin. This isn't 5th grade. Sometimes we need to be told we are doing something stupid, or are being a brainless idiot.

While this isn't my show, Heavy handed moderation can be the venom that can take down a forum in short order. One of the "banned" didn't deserve it.....jmho.
    I agree. Every time this subject comes up, I'm baffled by it because I just don't see the problem. Everybody's different. Some folks are "kinder" than others. That's just the way life is. I would certainly agree that "threatening" posts have no place here, but I don't believe I've ever really read one of those.

I've learned a lot here, and I truly enjoy this forum. I'm generally not offended by what anyone says. But I guess the posts that simply annoying me the most, are those posts that complain about what other folks have said.

As for the "friendly banter", and even what some folks call "mindless commenting", I probably engage in that less then some others , but I do enjoy reading it. I think it often makes the forum more interesting.

jmo.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

PUT 'EM UP...PUT 'EM UP...

Attached Images Attached Images
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders

Spyder Garage

I have found this forum to be informative, entertaining, funny, and sometimes downright nasty. But still, I keep coming back. On my very first post, I was accused of trolling, which didn't bother me because I didn't know what it meant. I have learned a lot here, and made some friends here as well. There will always be haters anywhere, even here. I find the "ignore" function to be quite useful. There are plenty of other forums for these folks, and I hope that they go there. Do what you gotta do Lamont, follow your conscience, let it take you where it will.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knarfoh View Post
    I have been on websites that cap the number of posts a person can make in a 24/hour period and that seems to hold the drivel down. But that is just my opinion. I did post 3 or 4 times today, but that isn't too bad since I haven't been here for such a long time. It is the people who post 3 or 4 times an hour (or more) that drove me away.
    I'm already limited to no more than 60 per hour...
    What more do you want?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hi Lamonster,
    Love the site and I would like to become a sponsor. I will have a look around on site to see if there are any direct links for this and any advice would be great on how to become a paid sponsor.

kind regards,

Darren Smith
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post

While this isn't my show, Heavy handed moderation can be the venom that can take down a forum in short order. One of the "banned" didn't deserve it.....jmho.
    Are you talking about my buddy ChasCS?
    Last edited by wyliec; 09-05-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

I left before when I saw Veteran members treating NewComers "Rude and Crude?"
    Not all New members have been on Forums most of their adult days like some here and We Need to treat them Civil and Lead them to Search Methods or Post a link to help them. I remember several new members who were treated "Rude and Crude" that Never Posted again. That's Unfortunate?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Are you talking about my buddy ChasCS?
    No, much more recent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=DrewNJ;1032591]I don't understand how someone can feel bullied on an internet forum, or more importantly why someone would let a stranger on a forum make them feel bullied. Heck, most of you here hate me and some of us have had it out, but I've never felt bullied or even given any of it a second thought. Most times its all been laughable, but never personal.

Maybe I'm kind of thick skinned but I have never seen any bullying on this forum as attempted on other forums. I have been around long enough that I can handle my own problems if I feel bullied or such. I come here for information and community with other Spyder Riders. Great Forum.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay... I've had my fair share of disagreements in here over the years. Not surprising, when you figure that I've got an opinion about almost everything.
    I'm far from innocent in all of the "cookouts" that I've been to; but I've learned some valuable things:
    1. If someone points out that I'm wrong about something factual; I'll own up to my mistake.
    2. If an opinion that I've expressed is based upon a false assumption; I feel that it's fair to admit that, and learn for the experience.
    3. Arguing about opinions and beliefs, is a HUGE waste of time and effort. You won't change anyone else's mind, and they're sure not going to change yours. Simply agree to disagree, and move on.
    4. I'm trying to follow a simpler philosophy now...

So far; so good!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Lamont your doing a great job

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by one2doo View Post
    Lamont your doing a great job
    A BIG +1!!! I've learned a whale of a lot about Spyders from this forum and think a lot of us would be SOL without it and at the mercy of whomever we have to deal with in solving problems or getting answers that aren't answered in the operators' guides.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Come on along, here's a song that we're singing. come on get happy. You can never go wrong with the Partridge Family

Grandpa Pete & Kim
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Not surprising, when you figure that I've got an opinion about almost everything.
    I don't have an opinion about anything! Just expressions of thought based on accurate assessments!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I am posting on this thread just to let everyone know ................................. I have not been banned (yet).

And i do not think that you could bully me, i have an "IGNORE BUTTON" at my disposal.

But there are some people on here that could feel like they are being bullied so i will agree with Lamont on the need for better monitoring.

As far as serial posters ......................... Hey if you don't like reading their rhetoric ................... Ignore Them, personally i enjoy the useless banter on most occasions.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default or something like that

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think that the "cereal" posters are the issue here.
    It's when folks feel "uncomfortable" about how they perceive their treatment... That's the name of this game.

So...
    If you treat folks the way that you would want them to treat you...
    If you offer encouragement for a project, or for the results of a project...
    If you offer solace and kind words, when it might help...
    If you offer an alternative to a choice that they've made, in a way that makes them not feel as if their choice was wrong...
    If you offer real help, when a technical problem is presented...
    If you can get somebody pointed in the right direction, when they ask a question...

(IMHO...)

Spyder Garage

It's when folks feel "uncomfortable" about how they perceive their treatment... That's the name of this game.

So...
    If you offer an alternative to a choice that they've made, in a way that makes them not feel as if their choice was wrong...
    If you can get somebody pointed in the right direction, when they ask a question...

(IMHO...)
    Sounds like campfire and roasting marshmallow time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Sounds like campfire and roasting marshmallow time.

It's time to light the fire...

https://youtu.be/-pr43ScAi18
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

So...

(IMHO...)
    This post makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Well said!
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Default I think I'm going to

So...

(IMHO...)
    HURL.......................................
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

For the record, I've been a good dog.

...just don't ask Joe.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    HURL.......................................
    How about THIS one:
    Try treating folks like you'd want your Mom to be treated...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    For the record, I've been a good dog.

...just don't ask Joe.

Yeah ..................... Good for what???

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Anonymity

In the end it simply comes down to individual humans and how they would act if they knew no one could see them.

The vast majority of people act in a civil manner in a public setting. They do so because society has taught them that not acting civil has consequences. The least of which, no one wants to be friends with you. The worst, you go to jail.

Along comes the internet with anonymity for all.

It's scary what people will say to each other when they know that there are no consequences.

They will say horrible things and chuckle in front of their computer screen, as if it is some kind of victory, while they type words they would NEVER, EVER, say to the anonymous person they are replying to if they met them face to face.

I love this forum. I might not post for months but I am always checking in and watching.

It really comes down to how you act. If you are a d-bag and want to defend your elitist or anecdotal idea at all costs, I suggest you visit reddit. They will welcome you.

If you want to share knowledge and encourage people, please stay here. Be advised that you will need to share knowledge over and over again on different posts, as so many of the best ones have.

CAC