Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default RT vent kit on 2014 RT

Weekend project complete. Looks sharp and reduces the heat during the hot days of southern summer.

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks nice! Good job!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They DO look pretty nice!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Air Scoops

They look GREAT!!!

Spyder Garage

They look great. So are they from BRP or aftermarket?
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Waiting for my scoops to come in at the dealer. Yours look great.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Guessing this was more plug and play since the bodywork on the 14 / 15 already has a grille in the scoop location. Possibly no cutting was even needed???

The scoops look nice and no doubt cool the cowled areas.

The question I have, is with the scoops blocking the airflow around the bodywork, it seems the riders would have less airflow. This assumes you had the adjustable BRP deflectors. If you ran the stock wind deflectors it is probably the same.

With the adjustable deflectors, it can force air into the upper oem grille, and also aim the airflow towards the riders.

Curious what you found is the best setup.

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acinpcola View Post
    Hi Al,
    Those are from BRP. They developed them as a solution to the 2013 RT's overheating problems.

Spyder Garage

What kind of advantages are you seeing with this?
    2014 Black RTS SE6
    2012 Black RS - Sold 7/24/2014
    2011 Sonata LTD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Guessing this was more plug and play since the bodywork on the 14 / 15 already has a grille in the scoop location. Possibly no cutting was even needed???

PK
    Same grill vents as on all RT's and yes you have to do the same cutting to the panel.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Same grill vents as on all RT's and yes you have to do the same cutting to the panel.

Bob
    Good info.

PK

Spyder Garage

may i ask how much were they and how did you cut the tupperware, did the temp-let come with them and how do they mount. i like the way they look
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

LOOKS GREAT !!

Where does the air coming in through the vents, vent to ?? Out the lower vents on the sides ??

Just wondering cause on my new 15 RTS, I am having excessive heat issues (coming out the lower vents on each side and venting big time between my seat & glove box area).
    :-) I know there will be some heat (heck your sitting almost on top of the motor), but I'm getting WAY more heat than my 2011 RTS did.
    Think I'm gonna post this as a question in the forums. I'm rambling here !! Sorry !!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

The new vents look great.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gee... Do you think that they'd ever offer them in the popular body colors?
    ...Maybe just leave the front end of them Black...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Gee... Do you think that they'd ever offer them in the popular body colors?
    ...Maybe just leave the front end of them Black...
    Maybe just not cognac

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    LOOKS GREAT !!

Where does the air coming in through the vents, vent to ?? Out the lower vents on the sides ??

Just wondering cause on my new 15 RTS, I am having excessive heat issues (coming out the lower vents on each side and venting big time between my seat & glove box area).
    :-) I know there will be some heat (heck your sitting almost on top of the motor), but I'm getting WAY more heat than my 2011 RTS did.
    Think I'm gonna post this as a question in the forums. I'm rambling here !! Sorry !!

Tommy J.
    I don't know for sure where it exits, but on my 2013 where the heat would build and come out around the seat and glovebox area, it now seems to pull air in from there. It seems like the airflow is so good that there is a little vacuum action going on and outside air is being pulled in where heat used to escape. I'm thinkin' it's going down and out the back. I'd love to see the wind tunnel test that I'm sure was done.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hi Al,
    Those are from BRP. They developed them as a solution to the 2013 RT's overheating problems.
    Thanks Bob, I will keep an eye on this string would like to know the info others are seeking about the cutting and such.

Al
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The question I have, is with the scoops blocking the airflow around the bodywork, it seems the riders would have less airflow. This assumes you had the adjustable BRP deflectors. If you ran the stock wind deflectors it is probably the same.

With the adjustable deflectors, it can force air into the upper oem grille, and also aim the airflow towards the riders.

You're right, the combination of adding the scoops and taking away the deflectors, including the Baker Built Inner Panels, cut the air flow way back for me. Here is what I did to resolve the situation.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...new-air-scoops

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This post requires you to click the Thanks button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Likes button to read this content.
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Maybe just not cognac

Bob
    Who do I have to sue over this?

Spyder Garage

You can order any color as long as it is BLACK. If you want matching colors you will have to get them painted yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpcola View Post
    They are the BRP Scoops. Part number 219800388. As mentioned in other threads they are $67.00 plus tax. The vents are a great accessory at an unbelievable price from BRP.

The upper body panel design has remained unchanged. Same design 2010 thru 2015.

The scoops look nice and no doubt cool the cowled areas.

I had the adjustable air deflectors and I am not impressed with there operation. Yes they allow air to flow back to the rider lower body but because of the venturi effect it draws hot air up thru the vent located there. To prove this just put you hand in the area of the vent and you will feel the hot air coming out thru the vent directed back to the rider. Here in South Georgia in 95 plus temps and a heat index of over 110 all you need is more heat from the engine compartment.

My thoughts are I want to cram as much air under the tupperware as possible to move the hot air out. I have the vented windshield to put air on the upper body. Don't need it for the lower body because of the new design of radiators on the 2014-2015 RT.

PK
    Quote Originally Posted by Brogers57 View Post
    What kind of advantages are you seeing with this?
    Cooler glove box and seat area

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    may i ask how much were they and how did you cut the tupperware, did the temp-let come with them and how do they mount. i like the way they look
    Price above. You don't need the template. Send me a PM with your E-mail address and I'll send you a PDF file on how I did the install.

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    LOOKS GREAT !!

Out thru the sides and bottom.

Tommy J.
    As explained above. Plus one of the very first mods I did was the CAT Bypass.

If anyone wants the instructions on how I installed them without the template send me a PM with your E-Mail address.
    Last edited by Doc - Riverside; 08-18-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Spyder Garage

PM sent
    2014 Black RTS SE6
    2012 Black RS - Sold 7/24/2014
    2011 Sonata LTD

Spyder Garage

Thanks Dave for the instructions !!! Nice job on them by the way !! :-)

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Doc,
    Just received the instructions. Thanks again. Will let you know if I have any questions when I get around to doing this!
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl