Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Hello Mr. Bajaron,

I am already sold on your sway bar, and will be purchasing in the near future.

I would like your opinion on one thing, however. I am getting more comfortable on my 17 F3T, and as such, I have noticed in tighter corners at moderate speeds, my nanny just isnt having it. Very rarely am I able to execute a twisty without her whining and slowing me down. Should I expect to see this improve with the sway bar? Or does anyone have any tips to keep the nanny happy in the twisties?

I am very excited either way!

Thanks!
    2017 F3-T SM6 (his)| BajaRon Sway Bar, Lamonster Bright Ryder
    2019 Ryker 900 (hers) | Sport Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Rear Spoiler, Wheel Inserts/Decals

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by holinka182 View Post
    Hello Mr. Bajaron,

I am already sold on your sway bar, and will be purchasing in the near future.

I would like your opinion on one thing, however. I am getting more comfortable on my 17 F3T, and as such, I have noticed in tighter corners at moderate speeds, my nanny just isnt having it. Very rarely am I able to execute a twisty without her whining and slowing me down. Should I expect to see this improve with the sway bar? Or does anyone have any tips to keep the nanny happy in the twisties?

I am very excited either way!

Thanks!
    The sway bar upgrade will definitely help to quiet the Nanny. One of the primary parameters of the Nanny is lean angle. Reduce lean angle and she calms down. There are several other parameters so the Nanny will still kick in when needed.

Being smooth with and in your turns will also help. Starting at the outside of the turn, braking before you enter the turn, apexing to the inside properly, then accelerating out of the turn while fading back to the outside as you exit the turn will not only help to keep the Nanny off your back. But will get you through the turn faster and more smoothly.

The problem is that the OEM suspension allows too much lean and dive when entering a turn which can give the rider and the Nanny fits.

The sway bar upgrade controls the inertia of the Spyder in turns so you don't get all that lean and dive. This gives you a lot more control and a lot less Nanny.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 04-25-2019 at 05:07 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Have in mind that there are all kind of riders out there some who never rode a motorcycle and spyder is their first bike. Probably drive below speed limits in which case they wont know the difference between a good swaybar /shocks and crappy stock and than you have some who push their bikes to the limit. At times I was super aggresive especially on my RS I was hanging on the side of the bike more than sitting on it. If you dont see a difference with bajaron swaybar you either weight 50lbs or you are way below speed limit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The sway bar upgrade will definitely help to quiet the Nanny. One of the primary parameters of the Nanny is lean angle. Reduce lean angle and she calms down. There are several other parameters so the Nanny will still kick in when needed.

Being smooth with and in your turns will also help. Starting at the outside of the turn, braking before you enter the turn, apexing to the inside properly, then accelerating out of the turn while fading back to the outside as you exit the turn will not only help to keep the Nanny off your back. But will get you through the turn faster and more smoothly.

The problem is that the OEM suspension allows too much lean and dive when entering a turn which can give the rider and the Nanny fits.

The sway bar upgrade controls the inertia of the Spyder in turns so you don't get all that lean and dive. This gives you a lot more control and a lot less Nanny.
    Beautiful. Thank you sir for all that you do for our wonderful community. Cannot wait to get my sway bar ordered! Just gotta clear it with the boss/accountant
    2019 Ryker 900 (hers) | Sport Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Rear Spoiler, Wheel Inserts/Decals

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donhy View Post
    If you dont see a difference with bajaron swaybar you either weight 50lbs or you are way below speed limit.
    I am DEFINITELY not in either of these categories. I also feel like I am slung way over the side of this thing more than I am on top of it. Thanks for all the input, cant wait to get my new sway bar!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by holinka182 View Post
    Beautiful. Thank you sir for all that you do for our wonderful community. Cannot wait to get my sway bar ordered! Just gotta clear it with the boss/accountant
    An extremely important detail!

Spyder Garage

Is there any way to know if my Spyder has a Baja Ron sway bar installed? Some way to see it without removing lots of parts? Sounds like a silly question but I purchased my Spyder used and I know it has lots of extras on it, just not sure about the sway bar. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Sbdraz....OEM sway bar links are plastic, whereas BajaRon bars have aluminum links.
    Some say another way to tell is to look at the blocks at the ends of the channel that contains the bar. OEMs are black, and BajaRon's are white. BUT my 2017 F3L's blocks are white. Is BRP now using the harder white ones? I'm confused!
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Sbdraz....OEM sway bar links are plastic, whereas BajaRon bars have aluminum links.
    Some say another way to tell is to look at the blocks at the ends of the channel that contains the bar. OEMs are black, and BajaRon's are white. BUT my 2017 F3L's blocks are white. Is BRP now using the harder white ones? I'm confused!
    BRP has not, to my knowledge, changed the material used in their bushings. It is my understanding that injection molding places some limitations on what materials can be used. I believe the BRP bushings are the same material regardless of color.

My bushings are made from solid blocks of Delrin. Extremely durable, harder than the plastic used by BRP (a good thing because of the added stress) and also self lubricating. I've never had one of my bushing blocks wear out. Not that I've heard of any BRP bushings wearing out either. But then I don't think that information would come to me if it did happen.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 04-29-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Spyder Garage

Hi folks, new to this spyder experience, 2018 FL3. Never rode a motor cycle either but I sure like this spyder. That being said how much lean or lift when I take a corner should I feel say at 50 mph? I find myself leaning forward and into the turn makes me feel more comfortable, is that what I should be doing?
    Thanks

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    I find myself leaning forward and into the turn makes me feel more comfortable, is that what I should be doing?
    Yes. If it is a fairly tight turn.
    A long sweeping highway turn should not require that......but it won't hurt anything either.

Spyder Garage

Leaning in and forward will help you with aggressive turns. Not so much if you're not pushing it. But it never hurts to practice when you don't need it so you have it when you do.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for un-confusing me BajaRon. I guess BRP is trying to fool us into thinking that bushing block is an upgrade.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome