Threaded View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Dash Fan for Warm Weather

I ride all year wet or cold weather is never a problem since I can dress for, have heated clothing, seats and grips. Warm weather is the killer for me, starting around 65 deg I get really warm if I stop for a light or what ever. I have long thought of a fan but the all the ones I tried did very little or nothing, just not enough power. While surfing Amazon I seen this truckers turbo fan and recall a trucker tell me about it. Well, this one works! It has an adjustable grill to fine tune the air and I can point it square at my upper torso/face and it does the trick.

At first I mounted it up on the dash but it was too big for that and looked wrong. I mounted a ball as can be seen and using a short Ram arm it is nice and steady. I mounted the switch under the dash ( you can see them in one pick) and wired in an LED more for looks than anything since you know when its on, believe me. lol.

I also used the dash mount bracket I bought from a Spyder Lovers vender and used as a template to make a new one with 2 extra holes thinking I was going to put the fan up there. This at least I have more mounting hole options now, lol.

I was out riding earlier today and it was raining steady so the bike is pretty dirty as can bee seen but I thought better clean after the work. Naturally I got finished and forgot to clean it...or I was just too lazy and need a nap... you decide, lol. I will get a better pic of the ball mount and the name of the fan if anyone is interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bluestratos; 01-11-2015 at 09:00 PM.