Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I see a lot of folks making remarks about the Q5 tire. Can someone expand on this a little? When I search for Q5 tires all I come up with is tires for a Audi Q5. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I see a lot of folks making remarks about the Q5 tire. Can someone expand on this a little? When I search for Q5 tires all I come up with is tires for a Audi Q5. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question.
    Well first you need to be on a Tire seller site, try TIRERACK.COM ..... ( while you're there look at what the rating / testing is for the Vredestein Q-5 ).... The Q-5 is listed as an All Season tire, but from testing ( like by Consumer Reports ) it has been learned that it actually works quite well in cold weather and SNOW ...... Mike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Michelin told we regarding running their XPS Ribs on my 5th wheel trailer that OVER inflation can lead to impact damage and that it decreases braking ability of the tire, as the contact patch with the road surface is decreased in size.
    Absolutely, and this applies to all auto tires ...... Mike

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I loved my federal EVO's, but they don't make them any more. But there is another that federal makes that have nearly the same treat pattern. They are between $40-50 each. I will be going with them in the spring. I have 23k on my stock tires.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Vredestein is the mfg.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe it's "Vredestein", just in case someone does a cut-and-paste.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Good deal if they ship to store for free, otherwise shipping is $20
    You are correct Troop.
    Upon further research, this is not Discount Tire. It is an internet tire store called Discount Tire Zone. And they do not have free shipping, so this is not as good a deal as it appeared to be. Boy am I spoiled with free shipping on my Amazon Prime account as well as most of our sponsors on SL.
    Hello Walmart.................
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    You are correct Troop.
    Upon further research, this is not Discount Tire. It is an internet tire store called Discount Tire Zone. And they do not have free shipping, so this is not as good a deal as it appeared to be. Boy am I spoiled with free shipping on my Amazon Prime account as well as most of our sponsors on SL.
    Hello Walmart.................
    I ordered two this morning on Amazon with free shipping. Shipping says 9 days to delivery, however they may show earlier, as it is the same tire company named here. Chris
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Chris. Now I don't feel so bad. Gotta love Prime.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not to be too pedantic, but the shipping from Amazon isn't "Free", it is at no additional charge. When you pay for Prime, you are paying for
    "shipping at no additional charge".

FWIW I can usually find prices cheaper than Amazon if I look a bit. And many don't add sales tax like Amazon does many times now. In case
    you haven't figured it out, I don't like Amazon.
    Peggy and Howard

Spyder Garage

Put two Fed Formosa AZ01 on the wifes 16 F3T in Nov 2018 - Now have a little over 31,300 miles on them and still good tread for next year. Ordered from and mounted free by local Walmart.

Centramatic balancers from Lamonster Garage all around and rollin smooth. Looking forward to a more myles of Smyles! IMG_2228[1].jpg
    IMG_2227[1].jpg
    Last edited by AeroPilot; 01-05-2021 at 04:17 PM. Reason: whoops - corrected mileage on tires so far
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Possible. However you do not have access to Prime Movies.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Not to be too pedantic, but the shipping from Amazon isn't "Free", it is at no additional charge. When you pay for Prime, you are paying for
    "shipping at no additional charge".

FWIW I can usually find prices cheaper than Amazon if I look a bit. And many don't add sales tax like Amazon does many times now. In case
    you haven't figured it out, I don't like Amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Possible. However you do not have access to Prime Movies.
    Exactly. I've had Amazon Prime for years. I have it for the movies/TV. The "free" shipping is just an added bonus. If you don't order a LOT from Amazon or you don't utilize their video service, Prime is a waste of money.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, once I found out the brand it was easy. (Vredestein Quatrac 5) We sometimes forget when we abbreviate that not everyone knows what we're talking about.

Have a good day.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Exactly. I've had Amazon Prime for years. I have it for the movies/TV. The "free" shipping is just an added bonus. If you don't order a LOT from Amazon or you don't utilize their video service, Prime is a waste of money.
    Prime truck shows up a couple times a week for us. Got two items today and another 36MM end wrench for rear axle is tomorrow. So I think we are doing ok. Also returning a defective item is very easy. Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just looked at the date code on Peggy's Spyder: 5212- 52nd week of 2012. So the Federals will be ordered shortly, and I guess the Kumho
    for the rear.

And new Michelin Pilot Power 2CT for the Interceptor, front and rear.

Just need an opinion or two: I have the Marc Parnes balancer and the balancer shaft isn't long enough for the rear tire on the Spyder, so I
    need a longer shaft. It's a standard 1/2" shaft, Marc Parnes has a 14" one for $25 w/shipping, but I can buy a plain ol' steel shaft locally for
    about $10. I really like Marc Parnes balancer and feel that supporting his business is a good thing, and $15 won't break the bank. So should
    I spring for the Marc Parnes shaft and support the small business, or go the sensible route and buy locally? Any advice appreciated.
    Peggy and Howard

Spyder Garage

One of the other things I am realizing, is the Spyder steers easier at slow speeds with the Federal's installed. And there a section of ruff paving just outside of the RV Resort in the right turn lane that would cause the Kenda's want to track off to the left where the through traffic in the main lane is buzzing by. With the Federals I have not experienced this.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's a plus.
    Peggy and Howard