Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Old car dash panel - any idea from what?

Here's a pic of an old car dash panel we found at the home farm this past week. It looks like a 1930's Ford but I don't find a match for it with Google. I found several similar panels but most all of them have a smoother transition at both ends of the oval opening. Anyone know what car or truck this comes from? I plan to sell it on eBay.

Car dash panel.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Looks pretty close to a late-20s chevy truck to me...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoahMercy View Post
    Looks pretty close to a late-20s chevy truck to me...
    Bingo! Thank you! I found matching photos for the dash panel for 1929 Chevrolet but without info as to which vehicle model it is specific to. There was one comment that it is for a closed-in sedan and a few photos showing it in a car.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

I think it sort of looks like your avatar.

Spyder Garage

It is a 32-34 Ford Truck dash.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    It is a 32-34 Ford Truck dash.
    I couldn't find any exact matches for those. The Ford dash panels had a lot smoother transition on both ends of the oval. The 1929 Chevy pics I found match exactly.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Could it be a repro for a kit bucket?
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Could it be a repro for a kit bucket?
    Don't think so. If it was it most likely would be fiberglass and the metal is heavier than what a metal repro would be. A piece of the original car body wood frame is still fastened to the backside.

Chevy dash 7.jpg

2014 Copper RTS