Spyder Garage

Default Anyone have an Ultimate seat on their F3T? Pro's & Con's??

Anyone have a Ultimate seat on their Spyder F3T? What are the pros and is there any cons on them. They are costly and wanting to hear from y’all to see if it is a good investment. I do have an inflatable cover ( don’t know the brand) but it still not that comfortable. Any info is greatly appreciated.
    2018 Spyder F3T , Bright White

Spyder Garage

I do. I have used Ultimate seats for years on my VTX1800 and Gold Wing. They are good quality, and give me a little more leg room. My F3T Ultimate seat started out a little disappointing, padding-wise. I am a big guy (300lbs) and I really didn't think it had the comfort of my previous seats. I rode it, for a while with a "Butt-buffer" seat cover, and that helped a little. Now, however, I've been riding just on the seat, and I find it's much more comfortable, for longer periods. I guess it took a long time to break in. The quality of Ultimate Seats is A+. I find them to be much more comfortable than stock. However, I still need a butt-break after about an hour or two in the saddle. That's just me, though. I know if I could drop 100 lbs, I'd be able to ride longer, without a break.
    -Carsong
    2018 F3t
    2018 F3T , Position 5/ full size Matt Black

Spyder Garage

I have had Russell seats, Can Am Cannonball seat and now for the past 3 years an Ultimate tall boy seat. I can ride all day with no problems. Two years ago I did a 425 mile day followed by a 450 mile day followed by a 850 mile day. My wife liked it enough to get one for her F3L. Just our opinion and yours may vary.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

I have an Ultimate seat with the driver backrest and I love it(2017 F3 limited). My hip use to ache on the stock seat. Now I can ride for hours no problem. I am a 300lb guy also and find it very comfortable. My Ultimate seat is set for tall boy. The only con is that if you order it with out the passenger backrest/slot for the passenger backrest, you can not add it later. I think it is worth the money IMO.
    2017 F3 limited , Black

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Luv mine. No more sore back. Stocker would make me very sore with spine pain.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I do and love it !!!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate seat

So the ultimate seat is the 4th seat I purchased for my 2017 can am. I had the factory seat of course was okay not great . The comfort seat was okay but on long trips not so good . The cannonball I did not like . The I bought a Corbin it was just awful . Finally the ultimate seat . It’s the most comfortable seat I found plus it fits the f3 perfectly . I hope this helps

JD

Spyder Garage

Love my Ultimate seat can ride all day with no pain in the butt
    Last edited by charliehwrd52; 06-04-2021 at 04:37 AM. Reason: correction of what i typed

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Clopez68 View Post
    Anyone have a Ultimate seat on their Spyder F3T? What are the pros and is there any cons on them. They are costly and wanting to hear from y’all to see if it is a good investment. I do have an inflatable cover ( don’t know the brand) but it still not that comfortable. Any info is greatly appreciated.
    I have the Ultimate Tall Boy on my F3L……..love it……no more squirming…..happy ass!
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

With the tall boy on a F3 LTD , how much room does your passenger really loose ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbear View Post
    With the tall boy on a F3 LTD , how much room does your passenger really loose ?
    I didn't see an answer to this... Does anyone know?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekarwi View Post
    'Technically', the passenger doesn't lose any room when you install a TallBoy seat!

What does get smaller is the 'lumbar support hump' that's immediately behind the rider - it gets shortened by whatever distance the rider moves back, and I believe that's about 2"/50mm, but the rider's seat is also a little higher! . Still, technically, the only difference in space available is that the hump that's IN FRONT of the passenger & behind the rider is shortened by the amount of extra space the rider gains.... . Make sense?

There are pics of this 'shorter lumbar support hump' around the Forum, & a few threads discussing this/showing the differences on a variety of seats, OE & A/mkt, if you want to search; but even if you do that & spend the time reading up on it, I still reckon the only real way of finding out if a TallBoy seat works for you'n your pillion passenger is to find someone who has one & try it out. Sorry.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-28-2021 at 07:53 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

About an inch…..my girlfriend didn’t really notice any difference.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I know this is an older thread but didn’t want to start a new thread. This goes along with this one. I just got a 2020 F3L and took it on a 250 mile trip this past weekend. I have the stock seat of course. I’m 6’1 and 280lbs. Not to be vulgar but my “twins” are smashed up against the tank. I have the Can Am rider backrest on. Would this ultimate seat help with that issue? I start squirming after a while on it.

Spyder Garage

I've had the Russell Day Long on my F3s for a while but just couldn't get comfy over time and passed it on. Bought the Ultimate tall boy with the wider driver's backrest and after break-in which took about 500 or so miles, it's a winner. No more pins and needles or numbness. Can ride now for hours in the saddle with no complaints at all.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Can I use the BRP backrest I have or do you have to use one from Ultimate?

Spyder Garage

BRP backrest won't fit the ultimate seat (different mounting system), BUT you can order a larger (wider) backrest for the driver.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Do you think floorboard position would have anything to do with it! I’m 6’1 but left the floorboards in position 3. I like it because I feel like it gives me more room to move my legs back and forward. I didn’t want to be stretched out all the time.

Spyder Garage

Good to hear these comments. I ordered the Ultimate seat for my Ryker on the 1st of the month, turn around time is like 9-10 weeks. Looking for it some time in Aug I guess
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I NOW have ultimates on both the F3 and Ryker. It makes the Ryker into a racer for me!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I NOW have ultimates on both the F3 and Ryker. It makes the Ryker into a racer for me!
    Do you have a pic of the Ultimate on the Ryker?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

The Ryder gains an inch and the passenger looses an inch. The seat is an inch higher than stock even though they advertise it is the same. I had one for awhile and felt on the ryde rather than in the ryde. I switched to a Mustang seat and am a happy camper now. The ultimate does give all day comfort and after you ryde it awhile you get used to the higher position. I used a level and tape measure to confirm those numbers when I got the Ultimate.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Do you have a pic of the Ultimate on the Ryker?
    Not yet!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!