Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    Changing the transmission filter requires the BUDS Computer to be connected after the oil/filter change to cycle the various solenoids in the HCM (Hydraulic Control Module). Doing the procedure ensures that all the air that got into the system during the filter change is removed. Air in the hydraulic system is not good. So unless you have access to a BUDS computer you will need the dealer do the job.
    No BUDS done, no Air, and no problems when I did mine and that was 10,000 miles ago. In fact the person who sold me the filter is also the head Spyder tech at my dealer and if BUDS was required he would have told me.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    No BUDS done, no Air, and no problems when I did mine and that was 10,000 miles ago. In fact the person who sold me the filter is also the head Spyder tech at my dealer and if BUDS was required he would have told me.
    Thanks PW20, Just what I needed from somebody that's done it. Thanks again , BLuep

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TRANS FILTER

Quote Originally Posted by bluep View Post
    Thanks PW20, Just what I needed from somebody that's done it. Thanks again , BLuep
    ...........I had been planning to do mine also.........Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...........I had been planning to do mine also.........Mike
    I'm waiting for Mike "Blueknight911" to do his, then after he's finished I'll invite him over for a 6 hour beer... :-)
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Here's my input from the first change I had done...10/20/2015 miles: 25,858

Pictures, torque specs, etc. in attached link:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1061377
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Hello PW,
    I'm about to replace my transmission filter. When you do a 1330 transmission filter replacement, is the gasket alone adequate to seal the cover plate against leaks? Or do I need to get some gasket sealer before I replace mine?
    Regards, PatrickH
    2014 Spyder RT LTD silver, Corbin saddle w/backrest & gas filler door, 4" stubby antenna, dual USB charging receptacle on dash, handlebar "cuff" attachment point for RAM phone mount, Diamond-R trunk-top level luggage rack, magic mirrors, Bestem saddle bag liners & Hopnel trunk bag (2-piece set), SpyderPops bumpskid (not lighted), highway foot rests; rear tire General Altimax 215/60/15, Baker Wind Wings, LED Headlights, RT Series 2010-2019 Rear Trunk Holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
    Hello PW,
    I'm about to replace my transmission filter. When you do a 1330 transmission filter replacement, is the gasket alone adequate to seal the cover plate against leaks? Or do I need to get some gasket sealer before I replace mine?
    Regards, PatrickH
    The seal on the filter is all that is needed. I have done 4 changes and never used any additional sealer. Never had a leak. It is a messy job so I lay a large piece of cardboard down to catch any oil that gets past my pan.
    Run the engine for a while to ensure mo leaks before putting the Tupperware back on - this also purges any air that maybe in the system.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue