Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Need install guide for 2020+ frunk liner

I have a 2021 base model and want the frunk liner. The dealership's got one all paid for but they don't have the instructions to install it. It looks like most of the front end has to come off. The previous generation RT frunk liner required removal of the side pieces next to the frunk but this looks like it also requires removal of the top section of the frunk. It looks nicer and was probably designed so that the frunk is more watertight (the previous version fit under the cover gasket, this one doesn't).

Anyway, the dealership doesn't want to start taking random body panels off (and charging me an hourly rate to do so) if BuRP has an easier way. Does anyone have the official BuRP instructions or at least has anyone done this and can provide step by step instructions I can pass along to the dealer?

HAGO!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, have they changed THAT much? The liner in my wife's RT-S pretty much just lifts out, after removing the rubber gasket at the top. No body panels need to be removed.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Wow, have they changed THAT much? The liner in my wife's RT-S pretty much just lifts out, after removing the rubber gasket at the top. No body panels need to be removed.

Same on ‘13 STL. Gasket gam even more or less bond to lid & rip/separate thankfully SpyderPops has replacements

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post

The one on my 2018 had tabs (with velcro) that went under the covers on each side of the frunk (after it went under the top gasket). I found that out when I got water in the frunk (and subsequently soaked the liner) and needed to remove it to dry it out. I had to pull the tabs from under the side cover things.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah we have the velcro tabs, too, but I couldn't tell if they were restrained by the adjacent body panels or simply snagged by the edges. When we got the bike back in April, I was doing some "exploring", just to see how parts related to each other. Found that the frunk liner was a bit damp, so I pulled the rubber strip off the top, undid the few velcro tabs and lifted the liner out. Dropping it back in when it was dry didnot involve any drama. Pretty much dropped it in place, made sure the opening was over that miserable excuse for a "light", then put the rubber strip back around the top.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

www.instructions.brp.com -- Just put in the sku, if you know it.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't have the SKU but I searched for "front cargo liner", 2020 front cargo liner" and "2020 front trunk liner". The only instructions I come up with are for the 2019 and older liner. The 2020+ frunk liners mount differently than previous years.