Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Cool New 2019 RT Limited on the way

After almost two years with my 2014 ST, my first Spyder, I decided that I wanted something more suitable for long rides. Can-Am sent me an email about their rebates on 2019 models, with the highest amount on the RT Limited. BUT... there were none of those available locally so I did some research.

I found a lot of useful information on this site, of course! Thanks to the discussions here, I ended up making the purchase from iMotorsports. They offered me the best trade-in value for my ST and with the Can-Am rebate, I got an excellent deal on the new 2019. As some others have noted, not everything went as smoothly as I might wish, but at this point everything is going according to plan. I'm waiting for build and delivery on the new RT right now.

Should I have bit the bullet and bought a 2020? Maybe but the $6-7k difference in price made the choice obvious to me. I'll update this thread once I have the new ryde in my garage. If you're in the market for a low-mileage (4k) black 2014 ST, look for it on iMotorsports site in the near future.

Thanks to all the contributors for the resources I've found here at SpyderLovers.

Bob
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on your new ride!
    I would have done the same call as you, sure the latest model is usually nice, but a 2019 for 6-7k less I think is a great deal!

Spyder Garage

I also bought my 2019 F3L from iMotorsports. There were a couple closer dealers, but, they did not come close to the right price.

Glad to hear they also treated you right.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I am also waiting on my 2019 from imotorsports. My new one is Blue. I have been waiting for almost a month. I am disappointed with their lack of communication.

Spyder Garage

Blue was my first choice but they didn't have one with the Chrome package. I did get an Asphalt Gray, a color I think contrasts nicely with the shiny bits.

Good luck, I've had to be persistent but so far that's paid off. Will add to the thread as things happen.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Buying out of state and shipping is the longest/ difficult part Not to mention taxes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Everybody sing along:
    The waiting is the hardest part....

~Sandee~

Quote Originally Posted by RideOn View Post
    Thanks to the discussions here, I ended up making the purchase from iMotorsports. They offered me the best trade-in value for my ST and with the Can-Am rebate, I got an excellent deal on the new 2019.
    Bob

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

I note Jason from iMotorsports has recently looked at this thread. Maybe that will get the delivery going faster.

Mine arrived within 30 minutes of when they said it would be at my home. No kidding.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sure I saw some blurb on iMotorsports site that said you had to be present to sign the paperwork in order for them to ship for free? No?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I also bought my 2019 F3L from iMotorsports. There were a couple closer dealers, but, they did not come close to the right price.

Glad to hear they also treated you right.
    Wow! I got the email and pics sent out. So I'll see what happens next. I called the only two dealerships (But with 6 stores between them) in this area to gloat and the one that right here where they come across the boarder can't beleave they got them up there and are willing to ship them for free back here! The dealer in ABQ NM has one but can't seem to understand how to get it to me (250 mi) and the TX plates!

I told them you recommended me. I never thought to look on our own site! Thanks I had to repeat this here. Even if I don't get it. Just to hear someone say yes we can! I might pass out! lol
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter
    2019 F3 s , Neutrino Aurora Accessory Fuse Block Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I'm sure I saw some blurb on iMotorsports site that said you had to be present to sign the paperwork in order for them to ship for free? No?
    Absolutely, positively NO. My check got transferred by bank transfer. All the paperwork was signed by e-mail and final signatures took place in my back yard. The shipping was FREE as advertised.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRay View Post
    Wow! I got the email and pics sent out. So I'll see what happens next. I called the only two dealerships (But with 6 stores between them) in this area to gloat and the one that right here where they come across the boarder can't beleave they got them up there and are willing to ship them for free back here! The dealer in ABQ NM has one but can't seem to understand how to get it to me (250 mi) and the TX plates!

I told them you recommended me. I never thought to look on our own site! Thanks I had to repeat this here. Even if I don't get it. Just to hear someone say yes we can! I might pass out! lol
    Just for everyone's information, since I am a site moderator:

I have no affiliation with iMoto. My many comments in the past six months are from a happy customer only. I get nothing for the comments I have made, and I love my new F3.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-27-2020 at 01:48 PM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

When are you suppose to get yours? Mine is still 2 to 3 weeks out. I think I may cancel my deal.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    That notice says it applies to new Polaris Slingshots and Indians, but doesn't mention Can-Am.

My deal has no shipping charges added, and I'm a long way from Chicago!

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I haven't been given a date yet. So, yes, "the waiting is the hardest part" as Tom Petty sang.

We shall see what happens, but I'm hoping for the best. I was told two to three weeks.
    Last edited by RideOn; 06-27-2020 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Added delivery estimate.

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ndspyderlover View Post
    When are you suppose to get yours? Mine is still 2 to 3 weeks out. I think I may cancel my deal.
    Give your salesman or someone higher a call. Tell them you need a delivery date or you may have to cancel the deal. I bet they will come up with a date and time. One thing different from my delivery though, that was pre-Covid.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just for everyone's information, since I am a site moderator:

I have no affiliation with iMoto. My many comments in the past six months are from a happy customer only. I get nothing for the comments I have made, and I love my new F3.
    I told them so they could say thank you. Affiliation or not I would never of even thought to have the talk with them without the help. Besides I already said mine so I think it's their turn to "Kneel before Zod!" LOL
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    Buying out of state and shipping is the longest/ difficult part Not to mention taxes.
    I hear ya! Been waiting since June 8th for my 2018 RTL being shipped from Ann Arbor to Salt Lake City. This Monday, the 29th, is their "delivered no later than" date. Don't think they're gong to make that.

Spyder Garage

Give your salesman or someone higher a call. Tell them you need a delivery date or you may have to cancel the deal. I bet they will come up with a date and time. One thing different from my delivery though, that was pre-Covid.
    I guess I was trying to say that the nice way when I said I had to be persistent. When I looked at the email thread, it was 17 days from initial contact via trade-in request until I got the trade-in value and quote for the new RT. A couple days of that delay was on me to take and submit pics of the trade-in.

Being patient for that period likely makes it a bit more difficult to sit on my hands and wait for delivery, but if the rest happens as expected it will be more than worth the wait.

NDSpyder, you might want to contact Tim Walter, he's the head honcho.

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I was told today they only needed to see if they could get it there before the 25th. (the only time I could get it without jumping too many hoops) This may work! oh my oh my! Breath deep breath deep.......

And now after months Albuquerque 250 mi from me wants to see if they can do it. But they still have the same problem with there phones (they don't use'um)
    Last edited by SgtRay; 06-29-2020 at 02:59 PM. Reason: left out info

Spyder Garage

I contacted Tim and he said there s a problem with shipping. It is still 3 to 4 weeks out. Tim seemed real genuine. At least he gave me straight answers. My salesperson,s phone must be broken because he never returned calls. I would avoid Mike Kay.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ndspyderlover View Post
    I contacted Tim and he said there s a problem with shipping. It is still 3 to 4 weeks out. Tim seemed real genuine. At least he gave me straight answers. My salesperson,s phone must be broken because he never returned calls. I would avoid Mike Kay.
    I got 2 calls today and it seems I'm in the same boat. Boo hoo I hop it doesn't sink...

Spyder Garage

Angry Difficult news regarding delivery delays

I have not heard anything further on my purchase, on which I paid the full balance due last week. I anticipated a reasonable delay, but I don't think 3 to 4 weeks is legitimately reasonable, especially when the customer has already been patient awhile. iMotorsports, according to their website, handles their own logistics. They do not promise any specific delivery but I was provided an estimate of 2 to 3 weeks; one of those weeks is almost gone.

From the customer point of view, a 3 to 4 week delay means your first payment could end up due before you ever have the purchase in your possession. My only leverage at this point is that I am still in possession of the trade-in, but that is less than half the value of the purchase. I will be out a very large sum of money if they fail to deliver, although at this point we are still talking delay not failure.

Will post updates when things change. Sorry to hear this news after trusting them with my purchase. If someone from the sales team would like to rebut, I think we'd all appreciate it.

Thanks, Bob

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Keep us posted.

Remember that Covid is spiking again. If this is coming from IL, there may be some Covid issues.

I called them at one week out from funds transfer and they gave me a date and time. They arrived within 30 minutes of the time.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ImaCaMan View Post
    I hear ya! Been waiting since June 8th for my 2018 RTL being shipped from Ann Arbor to Salt Lake City. This Monday, the 29th, is their "delivered no later than" date. Don't think they're gong to make that.
    Out of curiosity, have you got your new RT yet?

Even if you haven't...

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic