Spyder Garage

Default Anyone have Rivco Floorboards fitting experience? Brake pedal extenders?

Hi from Perth Australia- just ordered some Rivco Floorboards for my 08 GS and wondering if anyone had experience and advice regarding fitting them?
    Mark

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hello Dickim, not sure witch floor board you got, I can say that Rivco products are nice and very well made. I have a set of their floorboards on my RT and love them. Takes some work to get the pegs off, that was the hardest part. I also got a set of their flag holders for the back trunk and a flag holder for the trailer hitch all the products are great. Good luck with your project.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Hello Dickim, not sure witch floor board you got, I can say that Rivco products are nice and very well made. I have a set of their floorboards on my RT and love them. Takes some work to get the pegs off, that was the hardest part. I also got a set of their flag holders for the back trunk and a flag holder for the trailer hitch all the products are great. Good luck with your project.
    Appreciated- sounds like similar units, req removal of the pegs and fixing brackets to engine mounts?

Spyder Garage

have a set on 09 se-5 no problems just read and follow instructions. very sturdy set up. brake pedal is what will be hard to get use to.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advice- no pblm re brake, will just use the front ����
    Am sure I will get used to it, after all my 56 MGA has zero brakes ��

Spyder Garage

looks like my smart-arse emoji' s didn't work

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dickim View Post
    Hi from Perth Australia- just ordered some Rivco Floorboards for my 08 GS and wondering if anyone had experience and advice regarding fitting them?
    Mark
    They fit and work Great BUT you will want the foot break extender, I have them in Stock email me for more info motorcycledave@mac.com
    look at the picture of the factory foot brake in the photo at the far left, the foot brake will be in the center of the floorboard. NOT GOOD .
    Spyder Floor Boards.pngSpyder.jpgfoot brake extender.jpgfoot brake installed.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Anybody have experience riding with the Rivco Floorboards with and without brake extender, and which extender as I see there are a couple plus home-made?
    Thanks Guys

Spyder Garage

Anybody have experience riding with the Rivco Floorboards with and without brake extender, and which extender as I see there are a couple plus home-made?
    Thanks Guys
    ME, that's why I started selling the brake extender.

Spyder Garage

Dave what kind of rear floorboards are on the spyder??

Spyder Garage

Thanks Dave - just waiting for boards to arrive from US.

Spyder Garage

Just an update - boards arrived minus the main crossbrace (probably lost on multiple customs openings!) big shout to Biker Addiction for sorting, and boards now fiited. Despite having dealer replace rear pads, fluid change, still feels like too much pedal travel (anybody know how to adjust?) Happy with cost if pedal extender but not shipping Grrrrr to Oz, so made my own from 8mm alloy with a bend to stop fouling on floorboards.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Thanks Guys
    dickim,

I don't have the brake extender on my 08 GS with the Rivco boards. I just shift my heel over and use it. I also do some fab work and have been thinking about fab'ing an extender. Will have to look at the positioning and all but, shouldn't be too much but some time and material. I am way more comfortable on the ride with these boards as my knees are much better positioned. Enjoy my friend.

Gary/Stogeylink

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that Gary - Yup knackered knees from Rugby! and even just round the block felt way better. Going to try as normal whilst my extender is finished off and sprayed, just used a price if 8mm alloy which cost me $4 as an offcut, and got 2 from it! cut to shape, into a vice, then big bar to bend - bit BY bit until happy, Sitting on the bike "healing/arching" the pedal dud feel o.k - adjusted gearshift end on it spines to give more height and o.k as long as NOT in work boots

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that Gary - Yup knackered knees from Rugby! and even just round the block felt way better. Going to try as normal whilst my extender is finished off and sprayed, just used a price if 8mm alloy which cost me $4 as an offcut, and got 2 from it! cut to shape, into a vice, then big bar to bend - bit BY bit until happy, Sitting on the bike "healing/arching" the pedal dud feel o.k - adjusted gearshift end on it spines to give more height and o.k as long as NOT in work boots
    Dickim,

Fab work looks good my friend. Stay safe and enjoy the ride sir.

Gary/Stogeylink

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    They fit and work Great BUT you will want the foot break extender, I have them in Stock email me for more info motorcycledave@mac.com
    look at the picture of the factory foot brake in the photo at the far left, the foot brake will be in the center of the floorboard. NOT GOOD .
    Kind of humorous that the pan and rubber insert are almost a dead ringer for OEM Harley touring floorboards.

Definitely would improve on pegs though...
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Glad you posted about these. I'm looking to get a set in a week or 2. Didn't realize the break pedal would end up in the center of the board.
    Got a 2008 Spyder GS SM5

Spyder Garage

The floorboards are great and no great issue fitting, don't NEED the extension but makes more comfortable. Also just knocked up one for the gear lever and if work a will make a "better" one from toe & heel unit on ebay at AU$17 delivered

Spyder Garage

Added the floor boards this week- I see no real issue with the brake but would like a more forward shift lever. Anybody find a compatible aftermarket option that is shorter that will in turn move the toe shifter forward?

1973 Honda CL 350 Scrambler (given to Son)
    2018 Vespa Primavera (Wife’s ride)
    2008 Spyder GS
    2020 Piaggio MP3

Spyder Garage

Thanks Guys
    I left my om brake in place so that if i am not using the floor boars it is comfortable with the pegs. I made my own extender so that it down near the floor boards at the front of the boards. This way I just lift my foot off the board and touch the brake The extender cost me less than $10 to make with alum.
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Spyder Garage

Just an update - boards arrived minus the main crossbrace (probably lost on multiple customs openings!) big shout to Biker Addiction for sorting, and boards now fiited. Despite having dealer replace rear pads, fluid change, still feels like too much pedal travel (anybody know how to adjust?) Happy with cost if pedal extender but not shipping Grrrrr to Oz, so made my own from 8mm alloy with a bend to stop fouling on floorboards.
    I made mine to go closer to the floor board so that there was less reach for brake and travel.
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Spyder Garage

Rivco, on rear however they no longer make the mounts for them only the boards.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Guys
    I made my own extender and left the regular in place. I ride a lot with my feet on the pegs so the regular brake works with that. Yes the brake does get in the way of the floor boards a little but I just move my foot over a little and then use the floor board with my brake extender. You will find that if you have a manual transmission that the gear changer does also get in the way of the left foot floor boards, so again you have to move your foot over anyway.

I found the boards good and solid and you can stand up on them with no issue.

Spyder Garage

Please contact me using my email address motorcycledave@mac.com

Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RSS Brake extender

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Spyder Floor Boards.pngSpyder.jpgfoot brake extender.jpgfoot brake installed.jpg
    Please give me more info on brake extender with picts for 2012 RSS with Rivco Floor Boards.