Hybrid View

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OMG

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    So...I like the billet arm, but then it doesn't match the other 2 arms... any plans on making the other 2 arms so they match forc aesthetic purposes?
    REALLY...This is your concern with this issue......not the fact that if the ARM breaks it will cost you $ 750 + to fix it if it's not under Warranty............I'm sorry for the RANT but this attitude totally blows my mind .......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    REALLY...This is your concern with this issue......not the fact that if the ARM breaks it will cost you $ 750 + to fix it if it's not under Warranty............I'm sorry for the RANT but this attitude totally blows my mind .......Mike

If it ends up being something I eventually have to fix, I want it done right and not have it look like a mismatched after thought...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AS I SEE THIS

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    If it ends up being something I eventually have to fix, I want it done right and not have it look like a mismatched after thought...
    You Sir are apparently someone who demands PERFECTION SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, why do you even own a Spyder ............Mike

Spyder Garage

I do know of some guys that have undercoated and painted my Billet arm to match the colour of their Spyder.

Also we are now planning (very slowly) to make up a three (3) arm kit as there has been one case here in Australia where one of the side arms did a fair amount of damage at the same time as the centre arm snapped at highway speed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Awesome! I will be watching for the 3 arm kit. Our center arms are ok currently though I need to check them again. Hopefully I won't need them until you have your kit ready (or beyond... who knows, they may never break, or break tomorrow )

Quote Originally Posted by noboot View Post
    I do know of some guys that have undercoated and painted my Billet arm to match the colour of their Spyder.

Also we are now planning (very slowly) to make up a three (3) arm kit as there has been one case here in Australia where one of the side arms did a fair amount of damage at the same time as the centre arm snapped at highway speed.

Spyder Garage

Would you be able to make up a kit for the two guide arms for those of us who have already changed out the center arm ?

Incidentally, the "New And Improved" BRP part doesn't change the center arm. The improvement modifies the screws that hold the center arm to the windshield.

I had this modification made to my 2014 RT during my last service. The technician at the shop was very impressed with the quality of noboot's (Ron's) center arm. He's sure it will outlast the Spyder.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Spyder is perfect... dunno what's up with everyone else's...

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    You Sir are apparently someone who demands PERFECTION SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, why do you even own a Spyder ............Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I thought my 2010 RT was fine until Friday. Arm broke completely apart. Talked to the dealer a couple hours ago, updated/redesigned part for $600. Only a hour labor to put in was their answer on installation. All on me so far, but the dealer is seeing what they can do
    Anybody come with anything different or latest information. I could not do the work to use the arm talked about here and I am concerned labor would eat up any savings.
    26 k on Spyder,
    Oldmanzues

Spyder Garage

I am interested to see what the "updated / redesigned part looks like especially for $600. Seems terribly expensive to me.

Maybe the dealer has purchased one of my Billet arms and selling it at a very big profit :-)
    Last edited by noboot; 06-20-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am interested to see what the "updated / redesigned part looks like especially for $600. Seems terribly expensive to me.

Maybe the dealer has purchased one of my Billet arms and selling it at a very big profit :-)
    I do not think so. He looked it up in his Service manual. According to him, there have been two upgrades since the original, no idea what they were except to increase the cost from 400 or so to 600 for the part. Apparently the whole assembly has to be replaced, including a electrical module. I think that is pretty high for is a design fault in my opinion.
    Oldmanzues