Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We can probably expect to see more of this in the next several days and weeks. From this page: https://www.boisestatepublicradio.or...-news#stream/0

Valley County Authorities: Please Don't Visit Us Right Now

March 21, 1:45 p.m.

Valley County is telling visitors to not travel to the region. There are no mandatory closures in the county, but many businesses have closed. Food service options and recreational opportunities are limited.

In an open letter to the Valley County community, Dr. Gregory Irvine, MD, chief of staff at St. Luke's McCall Medical Center, wrote in a press release that prospective visitors should stay home because of limited hospital resources in the area. "People are arriving in rural towns, in large numbers, from all over the state and country to take 'virus vacations,'' Irvine says. "I can think of little that is more inappropriate and dangerous than this mindset."On Monday, the Valley Commissioners enacted an Emergency Declaration to try to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. On Friday, the mayor of McCall, the county’s biggest city, asked visitors to stay away from the tourist destination. There are currently no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Valley County.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Restez chez vous le virus est tres contagieux et il peut vous tuer.restez chez vous c est un massacre en france et en italie

Translation:

He is saying and I'm paraphrasing a little because direct word for word translation is never perfect. "Stay at home, the virus is very contagious and it can kill you, it is a massacre in France and Italy."
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-22-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    2018 f3 s , noire

Spyder Garage

Up here in Vermont they closed all restaurants, ( they are ONLY HAVING doing take out only) and bars are closed as of last Tuesday.

Now as of Monday( tomorrow), the governor has mandated that all- person operations at close contact close on Monday by 8PM. That includes gymnasiums, fitness centers, and similar exercise facilities, nail salons, spas, tattoo parlors, hair saloons, and barbers.

The governor is mandating the that they close until April 15, to help slow the virus down.

Deanna

Spyder Garage

The guys I ride with and I have a trip booked for June to ride Vermont/ New Hampshire/ upstate New York... prepaid for a chalet rental as a base for a week back in January... now wondering if we can get our money back or we will just have to write it off if things don't get better. With the Canada/ US border closed now for any tourist travel, we may not have any option anyway. Stay safe peeps!!

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

Please consider staying home for now. The juice is not worth the squeeze.
    https://www.propublica.org/article/a...shtweet#179875

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Squale View Post
    Restez chez vous le virus est tres contagieux et il peut vous tuer.restez chez vous c est un massacre en france et en italie
    Note Rule #1: All posts must be written in English (Threads/Posts written in a language other than English may be removed without notice).

I tried to copy/paste to a google translator and it would not copy. We would like to know what the above translates to. Anyone want to give it a try...don't feel we can leave it untranslated for very long. Thanks in advance.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

He is saying and I'm paraphrasing a little because direct word for word translation is never perfect. "Stay at home, the virus is very contagious and it can kill you, it is a massacre in France and Italy."
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cognaccruiser View Post
    Thank you for the translation. I will put it up by the original post.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default June...

We are/were planning to attend Americade in June. When this virus first reared it's head, I thought the all-clear would be sounded by June.... now... not so sure. We are holding off registering for the rally and will just continue day rides and neighborhood walks for the time being.

Ya'll stay safe,
    Gina J

Spyder Garage

From the moderators:

The moderators are just trying to make sure that no "bad" information gets posted concerning the virus. We have already had some complaints that we are allowing people to post information that may or may not be correct.

One has suggested that we kill all virus threads because of the possibility of mis-information.

We do not wish to do that...

We are treading a fine line here...so please bear with us.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-22-2020 at 11:01 AM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    From the moderators:

The moderators are just trying to make sure that no "bad" information gets posted concerning the virus. We have already had some complaints that we are allowing people to post information that may or may not be correct.

One has suggested that we kill all virus threads because of the possibility of mis-information.

We do not wish to do that...

We are treading a fine line here...so please bear with us.
    I can see where keeping up with this would drive you a bit nuts. 50 states and 50 different approaches to the problem. Not to mention different areas within those 50 states
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I can see where keeping up with this would drive you a bit nuts. 50 states and 50 different approaches to the problem. Not to mention different areas within those 50 states
    I have made the comment a few times...as Kermit said..."it ain't easy being green."

And many thanks for your understanding. We don't always ace it, but we try.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Personally, I think it's important that we allow CV related threads. There may be new info that some of us don't know about. I fully understand that the info posted here may or may not be correct. Perhaps start a sub section w/a "first thread" that everybody has to read before being allowed to view the rest of the threads that states the information may or may not be correct?

I think everyone here is smart enough (I hope) to know that unless I'm directly quoting the CDC or the WHO or I'm an actual doctor (I'm not but I do play one on TV), whatever I post is someones opinion.

YMMV

Spyder Garage

Ohio Governor issued a "stay at home" order effective starting 11:59 PM on Monday March 23rd and lasting until April 6th when it will be reviewed.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Northofthesix View Post
    The guys I ride with and I have a trip booked for June to ride Vermont/ New Hampshire/ upstate New York... prepaid for a chalet rental as a base for a week back in January... now wondering if we can get our money back or we will just have to write it off if things don't get better. With the Canada/ US border closed now for any tourist travel, we may not have any option anyway. Stay safe peeps!!
    That sucks. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of stories like this. Hope you are able to get a refund.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I like what most here said except for a few. This whole thing is not about "Me and We". This is about all of us. The more we are out and about (even a short trip) the more we expose ourself to the virus the more we are apt to spreading it to someone else. Did you know it can be spread through the air we breath? Let us all pull together and try some "Social Distancing" hang around the house and maybe in several weeks we can turn this thing around. When you ride you stop around others for fuel and food and that is the whole point.

Keep yourself safe and think of some one other than yourself and satisfying that urge for "wind therapy". Just a couple of weeks at home never hurt anyone!

Uncle Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    I like what most here said except for a few. This whole thing is not about "Me and We". This is about all of us. The more we are out and about (even a short trip) the more we expose ourself to the virus the more we are apt to spreading it to someone else. Did you know it can be spread through the air we breath? Let us all pull together and try some "Social Distancing" hang around the house and maybe in several weeks we can turn this thing around. When you ride you stop around others for fuel and food and that is the whole point.

Keep yourself safe and think of some one other than yourself and satisfying that urge for "wind therapy". Just a couple of weeks at home never hurt anyone!

Uncle Jack
    Amen, Jack.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Please stay home and daily rides only. We're all affected by this and we must accept that our lives will change for a short while. Greater good.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    Up here in Vermont they closed all restaurants, ( they are ONLY HAVING doing take out only) and bars are closed as of last Tuesday.

Now as of Monday( tomorrow), the governor has mandated that all- person operations at close contact close on Monday by 8PM. That includes gymnasiums, fitness centers, and similar exercise facilities, nail salons, spas, tattoo parlors, hair saloons, and barbers.

The governor is mandating the that they close until April 15, to help slow the virus down.

Deanna
    This is off topic, but when I typed the above, I was using his computer.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I
    Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Uncle Jack
    Jack, everything I’ve read, and listening to the medical community as well as our health officials, the Covid-19 virus is NOT an airborne virus and CANNOT be spread through the air we breathe. Close proximity as well as touch is what spreads this virus. I, for one, will go out for “wind therapy” as long as the weather holds out. I DO NOT go near other individuals, and DO NOT look for getting a cup of coffee. I only go out for local rides, as there are NO restaurants, Motels/Hotels open, so local riding is the “order of the day”. Whatever anyone else does is their own choice. this is my opinion only, based on what the W.H.O. as well as our own Health Officials have said.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Better see this FIRST
    https://youtu.be/I5-dI74zxPg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    I

Jack, everything I’ve read, and listening to the medical community as well as our health officials, the Covid-19 virus is NOT an airborne virus and CANNOT be spread through the air we breathe. Close proximity as well as touch is what spreads this virus. I, for one, will go out for “wind therapy” as long as the weather holds out. I DO NOT go near other individuals, and DO NOT look for getting a cup of coffee. I only go out for local rides, as there are NO restaurants, Motels/Hotels open, so local riding is the “order of the day”. Whatever anyone else does is their own choice. this is my opinion only, based on what the W.H.O. as well as our own Health Officials have said.
    You may want to check this out when speaking of airborne:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nsmission.html

That's why first responders wear a mask. But, you're correct, we all make our own choices.

Spyder Garage

Be aware that US-129 (Dragon) is closed on the NC side as well as the Cherohala Skyway in NC. OUR members are doing shorter day rides, brown bag, and keeping distance at stops. Take your own TP!
    2014 RTS SM6 , Cognac

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    Jack, everything I’ve read, and listening to the medical community as well as our health officials, the Covid-19 virus is NOT an airborne virus and CANNOT be spread through the air we breathe.
    Based on the website Wyliec links to you are somewhat correct. The virus doesn't just float around in the air around an infected person which another can then breathe. But droplets from coughing or sneezing that reach another person can be ingested into the nose or mouth before the droplets evaporate or drop to the ground.

As of this afternoon Idaho is now under a statewide stay at home order.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Based on the website Wyliec links to you are somewhat correct. The virus doesn't just float around in the air around an infected person which another can then breathe. But droplets from coughing or sneezing that reach another person can be ingested into the nose or mouth before the droplets evaporate or drop to the ground.

As of this afternoon Idaho is now under a statewide stay at home order.
    Don't forget, those droplets can also hit your eyes, which is why you see some healthcare workers with the eye shield. Remember, your eyes have tears, and that's a way to enter the body. I always hated to wear the PPE when I was working at the hospital.