SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Years Day Ride every year for over 50 years

Hi Friends....... HAPPY NEW YEAR
    Well today I had to modify my New Years Day Ride some as I am still in a
    walking cast and have been for 7 months.... DAMN, but I can drive my car and truck.
    For the last 50 years I have taken a ride with my club members ( Port Stockton Motorcycle Club)
    or the Oakland Motorcycle Club on this day every year, Rain or shine ( NO SNOW HERE )
    Today was some what different, I went out and threw my leg over my lawn mower and mowed the lawn...
    not quite the same but I did ride a motorized machine .

IMG_4387.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Where there's a will ....!!!!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Dave I am proud of you. A ride is a ride. My lawn is under a foot of snow. I could no more get the Spyder out then fly to the Moon. Too much snow on the ground for it to even move. I hope your foot finishes healing soon. What do they tell you?

Happy New Year.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

A ride is a ride. Mowers are asleep here in Ohio, but it did get up to 40 degrees so a ride was called for. I ride January first every year. If it's too slick for a road trip I get out the dual sport. Not many takers, but my granddaughter is ALWAYS ready to ride. We did about 50 miles on rural roads and I was starting to feel the chill. Petiah said she wasn’t cold, but I figure she wasn’t going to admit anything until extremities started falling off

2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Hi Paul
    Well I go into the doctors on Jan. the 8th. I will know more then. Julie and I are flying to Tahiti on the 21st cast or no cast
    and return on the 5th. of Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Dave I am proud of you. A ride is a ride. My lawn is under a foot of snow. I could no more get the Spyder out then fly to the Moon. Too much snow on the ground for it to even move. I hope your foot finishes healing soon. What do they tell you?

Happy New Year.

Spyder Garage

Yes! That is a good tradition. And, a ride is a ride. My lawn mower is parked in the garage, but awaiting the first green grass to be fired up. There is no snow, just the beautiful brown/green/orange fields. I rode yesterday, and hoping it will become a new tradition for me also.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Nice! Ride on and Happy New Year

Spyder Garage

I did not ride my spyder, it is in hibernation!

My lawn mower is in the shed, waiting for spring, but we have snow on the ground, so yesterday we went on our new sleds.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

I also have a tradition of riding on New Year's Day, road conditions permitting. I think it was last year we actually had snow on the ground down here in Alabama.

This year the weather cooperated -- mid-50s and mostly sunny. And pleasantly enough, the front end behaved itself for the one-hour spin.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    A ride is a ride. Mowers are asleep here in Ohio, but it did get up to 40 degrees so a ride was called for. I ride January first every year. If it's too slick for a road trip I get out the dual sport. Not many takers, but my granddaughter is ALWAYS ready to ride. We did about 50 miles on rural roads and I was starting to feel the chill. Petiah said she wasn’t cold, but I figure she wasn’t going to admit anything until extremities started falling off

What happen to Grammy, wasn't feeling it??
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

When I had my boxer cup replica used to ride the annual Canyon Lake road every New Years morning. But dang, after summers of 118+ that mid to high 30s about ruined me. And all the over-hormoned squids, etc. Since my recent move to other side of town...well long way around the bush to say I’m really anxious to get my Spyder and get back to riding on New Years again. And hope your foot heals soon!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    What happen to Grammy, wasn't feeling it??
    She tolerates the wet and/or cold if we are on a trip, but she wasn't interested in gearing up for a 50 mile run on just for New Years. The grand kids on the other hand are always ready for a ride.

2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Hey Dave, I feel your pain. Back (50+) years ago when I was in high school, I broke my leg on a motorcycle. Even though the break was in the tibia between the ankle and the knee, I was put in a full plaster cast up to my hip for almost 6 months. I was on crutches and could not even drive my old GMC pickup with a 4 speed manual transmission. The high school I went to was old and some of my classes were up 4 flights of stairs. The happiest day of my young life was when they cut that cast off.

Hope your back on your feet soon.

Spyder Garage

I wish I could blame braking my foot on motorcycle riding and falling off, or Gang fight, or Alligator Wrestling, Chasing Women, Foot Ball
    you know something good.... but NO all I did was fall down in my garage.... damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Insyder View Post
    Hey Dave, I feel your pain. Back (50+) years ago when I was in high school, I broke my leg on a motorcycle. Even though the break was in the tibia between the ankle and the knee, I was put in a full plaster cast up to my hip for almost 6 months. I was on crutches and could not even drive my old GMC pickup with a 4 speed manual transmission. The high school I went to was old and some of my classes were up 4 flights of stairs. The happiest day of my young life was when they cut that cast off.

Hope your back on your feet soon.