Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RYKER MPG

Spyder Garage

Has anyone been successful in contacting BRP to ask the engineers what the design predictions of mileage would be? I tried to contact them though the questions feature on the BRP web site and keep getting an error message. I know that BMW provided those specifications for all of my motorcycles; included in marketing specifications.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaspeed View Post
    Thank you two Ryker owners for your feed back and I do understand what each of you are saying. I'm sure the Ryker is absolutely fun which is something I would enjoy and I'm sure the F3T would also be fun just not as hot rod fun as the Ryker. Unfortunately for me I can only afford one of them and I need it to accomplish the fun factor along with trips as I live in the country and I will travel occasionally. Our local dealer has a Ryker 900 and a F3T I'm going to be test riding back to back tomorrow. Which should help me make my decision. The cost difference between the Ryker Rally and F3T would give me a lot of gas money if I got the Ryker Rally and we do have a lot of dirt roads in Idaho.
    We would Love to hear your back to back demo reviews of the F3 and Ryker!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gvcntx View Post
    If gas mileage matters F3 is the highest. On the Ryker out of 6 fill ups: 29.6-28.3-28.3-30.2-29.2-29.2 as you can see I not just guessing. I think it's the high RPMs.

Some of the marketing videos have mentioned a MPG display as one of the mode options for the speedo. I could never tell if it was instantaneous or elapsed mileage with reset. Have you experimented with that yet?

Spyder Garage

I think it's real time.

Spyder Garage

I think it's real time.
    Cool, thanks.

Spyder Garage

That is a BMW. In the pic.

Spyder Garage

That is a BMW. In the pic.
    Well, it’s what is left of one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    We would Love to hear your back to back demo reviews of the F3 and Ryker!!!
    It was 36 degrees snow on the ground, the side roads a little damp but interstate was dry. My Spyder experience before today is approximately 30 minutes of riding but I have been riding bikes for over 50 years. I road Ryker and F3 back to back and both were stock and ridden on the same route which was approximately 25 miles included 10 miles of interstate which has a speed limit of 80mph. Ryker was unbelievably fun on the side roads and in town. I loved the steering and twist and go "no shifting". The power was instant and never stopped pulling all the way to 90mph which was the fastest I went. In sport mode you can destroy the rear tire, speaking of tires the Ryker tires are narrower than the F3 "very noticeable" looks wise not ride wise. Can Am hit a home run with the Ryker. Now for the F3, the steering seems to be a little bit edgy comepared to Ryker. The power was very good just not crazy fast as the Ryker. Ride was more plush. I see the Ryker as a sport bike and the F3 a sport tourer. I really loved them both and wish I could afford both of them but can only get one. I live in the country and most of my rides are in the 50 mile range so for me I will be getting a F3. Now I have to decide on the F3S or F3T.

Spyder Garage

It was 36 degrees snow on the ground, the side roads a little damp but interstate was dry. My Spyder experience before today is approximately 30 minutes of riding but I have been riding bikes for over 50 years. I road Ryker and F3 back to back and both were stock and ridden on the same route which was approximately 25 miles included 10 miles of interstate which has a speed limit of 80mph. Ryker was unbelievably fun on the side roads and in town. I loved the steering and twist and go "no shifting". The power was instant and never stopped pulling all the way to 90mph which was the fastest I went. In sport mode you can destroy the rear tire, speaking of tires the Ryker tires are narrower than the F3 "very noticeable" looks wise not ride wise. Can Am hit a home run with the Ryker. Now for the F3, the steering seems to be a little bit edgy comepared to Ryker. The power was very good just not crazy fast as the Ryker. Ride was more plush. I see the Ryker as a sport bike and the F3 a sport tourer. I really loved them both and wish I could afford both of them but can only get one. I live in the country and most of my rides are in the 50 mile range so for me I will be getting a F3. Now I have to decide on the F3S or F3T.
    Thanks- I thought you were going to pick the Ryker to Buy by your review but then you switched to the F3. I did 90 miles on the F3 today (45 Degrees and windy) and with the Heated glove liners It was Great. My F3 seat is Just Much More comfortable than the Ryker I sat On and the Cold weather protection is Greater on my F3 than the Ryker BUT I'm still going to buy the Little Ryker as a Little Hot Shot to ride!!~

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Thanks- I thought you were going to pick the Ryker to Buy by your review but then you switched to the F3. I did 90 miles on the F3 today (45 Degrees and windy) and with the Heated glove liners It was Great. My F3 seat is Just Much More comfortable than the Ryker I sat On and the Cold weather protection is Greater on my F3 than the Ryker BUT I'm still going to buy the Little Ryker as a Little Hot Shot to ride!!~
    I had my heart set on the Ryker Rally for several reasons, looks, price, off road capabilities, and as you say it's a Little Hot Shot. But after riding them both the F3 will work better for these reasons, comfort, lower rpm's at 60mph and above, which makes a long ride more pleasurable. Yes the Ryker is fast but the F3 isn't slow by any means. With me only able to purchase one bike I have to go with the F3S or F3T. You will love the Ryker and if you get rid of your F3 I think you will miss it on the days you want to kick back and relax "comfort" but on them days you want to put your drivers license at risk the Ryker will be the master of that.

Spyder Garage

Grandpaspeed, I appreciate your comparison review of the Ryker & F3. It's good to hear views from all different perspectives & demographics.

I do need to call you out on one part of your review though. I my opinion your speed/acceleration comparison is just not accurate. I have lots of miles on the F3 & F3S Daytona. I've also had the opportunity to ring out the Ryker Rally. The Ryker's quick and it does break the rear tire loose easily, but it just doesn't compare to the F3. You just need to wind out the F3. Shift it past 5000 rpm and you'll feel the true acceleration of the 1330!

Published testing shows the 0-60 time of F3S is 4.8 seconds and MartinTheVlogger tested the Ryker 900 0-60 at 8.6 seconds.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Michaelscs;1410957]Grandpaspeed, I appreciate your comparison review of the Ryker & F3. It's good to hear views from all different perspectives & demographics.

I do need to call you out on one part of your review though. I my opinion your speed/acceleration comparison is just not accurate. I have lots of miles on the F3 & F3S Daytona. I've also had the opportunity to ring out the Ryker Rally. The Ryker's quick and it does break the rear tire loose easily, but it just doesn't compare to the F3. You just need to wind out the F3. Shift it past 5000 rpm and you'll feel the true acceleration of the 1330!

Published testing shows the 0-60 time of F3S is 4.8 seconds and MartinTheVlogger tested the Ryker 900 0-60 at 8.6 seconds.[/QUOTE.

I would not disagree with you as I never took the F3 in the higher rpm range and didn't mean to leave the impression that the Ryker would out run the F3. The Ryker definitely gives you the feel of it being faster. It's like driving a Miata at 60 and a corvette at 60. What do you think of the F3T compared to your F3S? I love the looks of the F3S but I like the idea that I can pull a trailer with the F3T if I ever wanted to.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Grandpaspeed;1410971]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    Grandpaspeed, I appreciate your comparison review of the Ryker & F3. It's good to hear views from all different perspectives & demographics.

Published testing shows the 0-60 time of F3S is 4.8 seconds and MartinTheVlogger tested the Ryker 900 0-60 at 8.6 seconds.[/QUOTE.

I would not disagree with you as I never took the F3 in the higher rpm range and didn't mean to leave the impression that the Ryker would out run the F3. The Ryker definitely gives you the feel of it being faster. It's like driving a Miata at 60 and a corvette at 60. What do you think of the F3T compared to your F3S? I love the looks of the F3S but I like the idea that I can pull a trailer with the F3T if I ever wanted to.
    Nice to hear the comparisons! Ever since the Ryker came out I seem to be pushing my F3 More to its limits and Its very Fast and powerful. My 2015 is lighter than some later models with the Big sprocket and Moves real nice. I haven't ridden the Ryker yet (Only sat on a 600) and it feels more like a Sea Doo Spark to me - Light weight and cheaper materials with Great acceleration for a Small jet ski. Ever since I sat on it my urgency to get a Ryker in the garage has diminished because the F3 is a Lot better on 35 degree winter Days. I will probably pick it up early March and look forward to having both. I can see in the videos that the feeling of speed is a Lot Greater on the Ryker and Ron commented that he thought he was going 45 when he was only going 35??? It was the same with the SeaDoo Spark as 50 MPH felt just as Fast as 68 MPH on a former Super Charged ski? As far as Top Speed Martin is a Big Husky individual and I expect the Ryker to be more like 5.5 -6 seconds with a average weight person in tests. Someone will post more test -including rider weight in the future. (I Hope?) I'm sure you will like your F3 No matter which one you get. I cancelled All for sale links on mine!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Sarge707;1410991]

Nice to hear the comparisons! Ever since the Ryker came out I seem to be pushing my F3 More to its limits and Its very Fast and powerful. My 2015 is lighter than some later models with the Big sprocket and Moves real nice. I haven't ridden the Ryker yet (Only sat on a 600) and it feels more like a Sea Doo Spark to me - Light weight and cheaper materials with Great acceleration for a Small jet ski. Ever since I sat on it my urgency to get a Ryker in the garage has diminished because the F3 is a Lot better on 35 degree winter Days. I will probably pick it up early March and look forward to having both. I can see in the videos that the feeling of speed is a Lot Greater on the Ryker and Ron commented that he thought he was going 45 when he was only going 35??? It was the same with the SeaDoo Spark as 50 MPH felt just as Fast as 68 MPH on a former Super Charged ski? As far as Top Speed Martin is a Big Husky individual and I expect the Ryker to be more like 5.5 -6 seconds with a average weight person in tests. Someone will post more test -including rider weight in the future. (I Hope?) I'm sure you will like your F3 No matter which one you get. I cancelled All for sale links on mine!
    Ryker is a fun bike. But I think you will really miss you F3. I would never get rid of my F3T.

Spyder Garage

Wink

I think the F3T should be very similar to my F3S Daytona. They have the same sprocket size, so other than a little extra weight, the acceleration should be very close. I only have about 40 miles on a T, but I thought it felt very similar. The F3L, on the other hand, definitely feels a little lazy compared to my Daytona. It has a smaller rear sprocket. The Limited is still fun though. Ive got about 250 miles on one.

I'm definitely not saying the Ryker 900 is a pooch. It's still quick & a lot of fun! We're considering one for my wife. I think she'll really enjoy the smaller, lighter feel of the Ryker. I know I did! She needs to get her permit and she'll test one in the Spring. I hope she likes it and we can get one, because than I'll get to drive it too
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Well, I finally got a response from BRP regarding fuel mileage estimates for the Ryker. My question was what the design goals were for constant speed at 60 and at 75 MPH. Their response was as follows:

Hey Richard,

We are really happy to hear you want to know more about the Ryker.

To answer your inquiry, the Ryker is doing between 5L/100km to 6L/100km (39-47 MPG) depending on 1- up or 2-up, engine size, speed, road inclines, temperatures.

We hope this helps.

If you should have any further questions or comments, do not hesitate to contact us again by replying to this email or by calling us at 1-888-272-9222.

Have a good day,
    Stephanie H.
    Customer Service Representative

Spyder Garage

Treat it like a math problem. So, if I ride a Ryker 10,000 miles a year at 30mpg and $3 a gallon my cost would be approx $334 per year. If I ride an F3 10,000 miles a year at 40mpg and $3 a gallon I will spend about $250 a year. So, I saved $84 a year on gas. Now if I spend $4000 more for the F3 than the Ryker it will take 47 years at $84 a year to make up the savings. OR it will take approx 470,000 miles to make up the difference..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Triumphcycleman View Post
    Treat it like a math problem. So, if I ride a Ryker 10,000 miles a year at 30mpg and $3 a gallon my cost would be approx $334 per year. If I ride an F3 10,000 miles a year at 40mpg and $3 a gallon I will spend about $250 a year. So, I saved $84 a year on gas. Now if I spend $4000 more for the F3 than the Ryker it will take 47 years at $84 a year to make up the savings. OR it will take approx 470,000 miles to make up the difference..
    Your math works; I agree about cost and comparison between the Ryker and F3. My interest in MPG is specific to the Ryker is more related to range than cost. There are parts of West Texas where (reliable) fuel is more than 150 miles apart and I don't want to carry extra fuel.

This is just the analyst in me. I have to think everything out before I buy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    Well, I finally got a response from BRP regarding fuel mileage estimates for the Ryker. My question was what the design goals were for constant speed at 60 and at 75 MPH. Their response was as follows:

Hey Richard,

We are really happy to hear you want to know more about the Ryker.

To answer your inquiry, the Ryker is doing between 5L/100km to 6L/100km (39-47 MPG) depending on 1- up or 2-up, engine size, speed, road inclines, temperatures.

We hope this helps.

If you should have any further questions or comments, do not hesitate to contact us again by replying to this email or by calling us at 1-888-272-9222.

Have a good day,
    Stephanie H.
    Customer Service Representative
    I hope this is true. I don't see my mileage going up that much. That would turn this Ryker into the perfect bike.

Spyder Garage

My back of the envelope calculations using displacement x RPM at 75 (using measured MPG from my last bike) compared to same for the Ryker yields results (+/-) to those provided by BRP. However, your empirical data trumps a model.

Spyder Garage

I hope this is true. I don't see my mileage going up that much. That would turn this Ryker into the perfect bike.

If they are supposed to get in the 40s you must ride yours full throttle to only be getting in the high 20s. I'm glad I don't follow you or should I say, try to keep up with you lol

Spyder Garage

If they are supposed to get in the 40s you must ride yours full throttle to only be getting in the high 20s. I'm glad I don't follow you or should I say, try to keep up with you lol
    The RYKER made me do it.

Spyder Garage

If gas mileage is a concern keep it in eco mode

Spyder Garage

The RYKER made me do it.

That's the problem with the Ryker. I have ridden one on two different occasions and can not get over how fun they are, you just can't ride one like a normal person "it won't let you" if you get pulled over for having to much fun your defense should be "the Ryker made me do it" if that doesn't work let the officer take it around the block. Just be prepared for that officer not returning with your new Ryker and you will be stuck with his patrol car, lol

Spyder Garage

That's the problem with the Ryker. I have ridden one on two different occasions and can not get over how fun they are, you just can't ride one like a normal person "it won't let you" if you get pulled over for having to much fun your defense should be "the Ryker made me do it" if that doesn't work let the officer take it around the block. Just be prepared for that officer not returning with your new Ryker and you will be stuck with his patrol car, lol
    That feeling never goes away