Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default California Scientific Win California Scientific Windshielddshield report

Installed medium windshield per my height 5' 9'' Ride to BBQ 170 miles hot and sunny, shield worked better then stock, buffeting or lack of was controllable with just a little up or down and the wind through the hole was dissipated before it came past the dash.
    The trip back 100 miles of RAIN WOW love the fact that the rain drop's were only on one side, my stock shield would get wet on both sides, add two sides of my helmet shield I was trying to look through four rain drops. now I can see, even road for a while with no eye protection. as to the rain coming through the hole it went somewhere as by magic.
    I made as manny mistake as I coulld so the critic will have something to do.....what do u want I only have one finger....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the report!
    Question: How does the height of the Cal-Sci medium stakc up to the OEM? At the full range of adjustments; do you feel as if ti's pretty much useful from fully retracted, to fully extended?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks for the report!
    Question: How does the height of the Cal-Sci medium stakc up to the OEM? At the full range of adjustments; do you feel as if ti's pretty much useful from fully retracted, to fully extended?
    At 5'9'' 2011 rt the stock windshield at retracted position was so I could just see over, it's perfect for me now clear view without the top of shield moving in and out of my view. as to fully extended it was fine, no problem with the rain,..... I like the rain make's my baby frisky

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: California Scientific Win California Scientific Windshielddshield report

Thanks for the report!
    Bob,

Compared to our 2010 windshields, the CalSci is a full 6 inches shorter in medium. It's fully functional at lowest to highest, but I'm yet to move it higher than half way. Just haven't found a need for moving it up that high.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default California Scientific Win California Scientific Windshielddshield report

How has it affected your gas milage?
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

At full up, are you looking through the windshield or over it?? thx
    2012 Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    I was curious about that very thing also...
    I think that I'd like to have it tall enough that I'd have the option of hiding behind it if I were to extend it fully...

Spyder Garage

Default full up

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    I am looking through it, haven't needed it full up yet, maybe when it gets cold. my mileage coming back from BBQ was 27 pulling trailer, 65 to 70 MPH it was raining, spyderpops will tell you its his possum catcher he put on LOL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! So you do still have the option of hunkering down behind it if the mood strikes...

Spyder Garage

I was curious about that very thing also...
    I think that I'd like to have it tall enough that I'd have the option of hiding behind it if I were to extend it fully...
    Bob--if they are using the 2011-12 RTs for their chart (and not the 2010s)...it looks the large shield would be the one to buy. I've got the BRP sport shield which is 2" shorter than stock (23" vs 25")..I'm 5'8" and it's perfect in that the upper position I'm looking through it and it's high enough not to be bifocalling my vision. In lowest position I'm looking well over it. Calsci, lists the large as 3" lower than stock so I'm assuming that's 22" high and should work fairly similar to the sport shield except be wider reducing rider turbulence and vented to help eliminate backflow. The medium is charted at 5" lower and it seems to me that fully extended (like when you're in serious rain or behind dump trucks), it would be splitting your vision line. Appreciate any comments from those that have as I'm wanting to purchase but still deciding on which size.
    2012 Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info...
    Now I'm trying to decide if it's one of BajaRon's swaybars, or the Cal-Sci first...
    Decisions...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by godfather View Post
    ... as to the rain coming through the hole it went somewhere as by magic.
    So you did not get water on the chest, or water dripping off the dashboard's top glare shield ?

Were you in a light drizzle, or in a substantial downpour ?

--> Thanks for sharing with us.

...Ben...

Spyder Garage

Default rain in the hole

Quote Originally Posted by MtlBen View Post
    So you did not get water on the chest, or water dripping off the dashboard's top glare shield ?

Were you in a light drizzle, or in a substantial downpour ?

--> Thanks for sharing with us.

...Ben...
    I guess as my crotch was wet from rain going down my neck, it was more then drizzle, the road had number of hydro plane spots (that's a fun thing )
    no water came through the hole. as far as all the post about the math on the shield, just call mike at California scientific,
    that's what I did, had I not I would have bought the wrong one.

Spyder Garage

Default LOL

Thanks! So you do still have the option of hunkering down behind it if the mood strikes...
    Tried to hunker down and look through the hole, but my belly is to big...... LOL
    P.S. you can shoot through the hole.....LOL
    Last edited by godfather; 09-09-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Please dont tell Bob that you can shoot through the hole in the windshield (here we go again) we have suspended his cap gun privileges for awhile.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default sorry bob

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Please dont tell Bob that you can shoot through the hole in the windshield (here we go again) we have suspended his cap gun privileges for awhile.

Cruzr Joe

Sorry I don't want to get Bob in more trouble, I see now he is from NY, they frown on discharge there. if he ever gets to my place I'll let him shoot his cap gun, I have a range with little spinning targets ( they spin when they hear sound all my friends think they are great shot's )

Spyder Garage

Thank you, we just got him calmed down and don't want to have to throw jelly beans at him any more, thanks for your understanding.

Cruzr Joe

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I ordered the XL

When all the way up, I am looking through the windshield...taller than the original. 6'2" 33 inseam

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Master View Post
    When all the way up, I am looking through the windshield...taller than the original. 6'2" 33 inseam
    ???? thx...that's odd as it shows 1.5" shorter?? maybe they ARE working their chart off of the 2010 RT windscreen
    2012 Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Who mentioned gunports???

Spyder Garage

I emailed Calcsi since the owner statements vs their chart don't seem to jive. They answered that they used a 2012 RT on the comparison chart BUT that the RT windshield they used was 26.5" tall. That's not accurate as it is exactly 25" tall as per BP spec and verifying measurements. It appears you need to add 1.5" to their comparison chart. I was all set to order the large but this guessing on size has me leaning toward sticking with my sport touring windscreen. I've already got 2 windshields, I hate to order another unless I'm sure of an improvement.
    2012 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Who mentioned gunports???
    Ooooooh, too late Ethel, we've been mooned

Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's why they call me, "The streak!"

Spyder Garage

Bob

You have too much leisure time LOL

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know... Ain't it GREAT???