Spyder Garage

Default No lights - solution

Probably a lot of you out there know about this issue and how to resolve it, anyhow for people like me it might be useful:

So today (again) suddenly my Spyder RTS 2016 went into limp mode with quite a few blinking lights.

Error code that I was able to retrieve was at first: P1676 P1677 C0040 and C006C

After restarting the bike only the first two codes showed up.

The solution was rather easy. Please see attachment: these with red indicated fuses were lose. (Right fuse box)

I just had to take them out and push them back in. Error codes are gone and lights back on.

Stay safe Stef.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Headlights

... I just had my Left headlight go out last week. Today I had my right headlight go out. Just wanted to know if anyone else had a headlight issue like this. Seems a little odd that they went out like this.
    I will try and check the fuses and then the bulbs.

Any additional thoughts on this problem? TIA.....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just changed my headlight bulbs. Be prepared, it's 2-hour job just getting them out. You might research LEDs because their prices have come way down. There are some now that will fit in an RT without any modifications. Hint......lay a towel under the headlights after you get the front cowling off so screws don't fall into the black hole from hell.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    ... I just had my Left headlight go out last week. Today I had my right headlight go out. Just wanted to know if anyone else had a headlight issue like this. Seems a little odd that they went out like this.

I think OEM bulbs only have a 350 hour lifetime. You're kinda lucky. You only have to go in there once to change them both at the same time.

Spyder Garage

If you have ONE headlight go, it's quite common for the other to go fairly soon after, ESPECIALLY if you just replace the first dead headlight out of a pair!! . It seems that a new light globe & old light globe combo really stresses the old light globe, so it gives up pretty soon after the other was replaced!!

So just like brake pads & rotors, if you ever hafta replace ONE side, it's best to replace the other side too, or you'll almost certainly have another failure occurring in the near future!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-08-2022 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Headlights

....I was thinking about this headlight issue. Some how I knew in the back of my mind that you always replace them in pairs. So I will check the lights and see what happens.

If I need headlights I will replace both of them. I will go with LEDs because they are much better than my OEMs.

Any Tips on LEDs would be great. ....TIA ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

....I was thinking about this headlight issue. Some how I knew in the back of my mind that you always replace them in pairs. So I will check the lights and see what happens.

If I need headlights I will replace both of them. I will go with LEDs because they are much better than my OEMs.

Any Tips on LEDs would be great. ....TIA ....
    Hmmmm, Little Blie-Boy....SpyderLovers Ambassador...... BRP do NOT sell LED headlamps, however the instigator of this GREAT SITE, LaMonster Garage does. If you haven’t checked him out yet, shame, shame, shame!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I've owned many many bikes .... they are SHAKERS , some worse than others ..... and things getting loose is not uncommon ..... that's why I ALWAYS use STAR washers under all my terminal connections .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-09-2022 at 01:44 AM. Reason: STYAR - STAR %-)