Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default What LOUD Horns are available?

I am searching for a very LOUD horn for my F3 and RT Limited. I am wanting to mount a air horn with more than 150 decibels. In other words a big car horn or a train horn. Sounds funny but it would get people's attention.

Anyone know of anything like this?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-25-2020 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Not a 'HowTo:' guide; & expand 1 word Title. PM sent.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder2014 View Post
    I am searching for a very LOUD horn for my F3 and RT Limited. I am wanting to mount a air horn with more than 150 decibels. In other words a big car horn or a train horn. Sounds funny but it would get people's attention.

To get an air horn that loud you may have to pull an air compressor on a trailer behind you! Wolo has several models but the 150 db ones are all 3 and 4 horn sets and require a large compressor like is on a semi.

My Wolo 2 trumpet m/c horn set is supposedly about 120 db. It scares the bejeebers out of folks when I hit the button. Lot more practical than a truck or train horn. The compressor fits under the tupperware on the left side.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I installed a 'Bad Boy' horn for my 2014 RT as a replacement for the OEM (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...ie=UTF8&psc=1; $31.00). It works fine to catch attention of anyone on the road without causing any ripple of discontent ~~ you really don't need to startle others, simply catch their attention. It's quite loud enough to be noticed in the cab of a passing truck, I can tell.

Takes 10-mins tops to switch out the old and install this new one. Highly recommended.

Caven
    Caven Mcloughlin; caven@kent.edu

Spyder Garage

I'm quite happy with the Marco Tornado - found on Amazon. Louder than my Wolo Bad Boy on Vision - so I think I may buy another one.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Another "thumbs up" for the Wolo Bad Boy. Just as Caven says, it's about the right loudness without being scary or obnoxious. Here's a thread about mounting on an F3 if it can help you out: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-horn-mounting

Spyder Garage

I like the Stebel Nautilus. It's super loud, sounds like a semi or the Queen Mary (the ship, not the actual person), and it's been dead reliable... had one on my V-Strom for about 10 years with never a problem.

Spyder Garage

Diablo sound blaster is on my rig

Spyder Garage

I have had the WOLO "Bad Boy" on my 2 Spyders. They do get people's attention. If you buy one, be sure to buy the kit that has the relay. Also, I wired mine directly to the battery with a 20 amp inline fuse.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder2014 View Post

I went to the wrecking yard and got the horns off a 1970 Cadillac and put them on mine , hard to find a place to put them but everyone knows when you honk them....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have not yet changed anything on a Spyder yet, but have upgraded the horns on more than one 2-wheeled motorcycle.

Even the stock twin "beep-beep" horns weren't good enough, so I went to Auto Zone and got a couple horns. These were horns that look much like Motorcycledave's Cadillac horns, not the flat type. Be sure to get a "high" and a "low" horn, they are about $15 each. A relay will ensure they get full power.

Spyder Garage

Did the same thing they're great.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-16-2022 at 12:40 AM. Reason: their - they're ;-)
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

If you want them looud " HornBlasters" Musket Horns are great. Comes with a Direct-drive Compressor. We install them on a lot here at HAVIIC.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-16-2022 at 12:41 AM. Reason: laud - loud ;-)
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I got the Tornado which I believe is the same as the Nautilus and the Bad Boy and the generic snail horn,They all look the same except for the color.It fits easily where the old horn was on my RT and I used the relay that came with it.This is a loud good sounding horn,2 to 3 times louder than the original.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Can you just plug and play the walo or do you need to add an additional relay?
    2019 Rt limited chrome , Phoenix orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandylolee View Post
    Can you just plug and play the walo or do you need to add an additional relay?
    I think some have wired a Wolo directly but the general recommendation is to use a relay. The OEM horn current draw is quite a bit less than the Wolo so the wiring and horn button aren't as beefy as they should be for the Wolo current.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Sure eats up the luggage space! And they're only $1300 without a compressor and air tank. Add those in and you're up around $1800 +!!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

nobody said it was cheap to be heard!......lol

Spyder Garage

I recomend you a TORNADO Compact twin tone horn with integrated compressor. As i know it`s one of the loudest horns.

Spyder Garage

The Denali SoundBomb Mini should be a little louder without the need for a relay. I haven't tested it, so I can't say with certainty, but it's a popular modification in the motorcycle world.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DENALI-Soun...53.m1438.l2649
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That Denali looks a LOT like the Blazer units at Auto Zone, which are about half the price.

Works best if you use one High and one Low.

Spyder Garage

Default Viking Air Horn install

I could use some help. Santa brought me a Viking V613B air horn for Christmas.
    https://www.amazon.com/Viking-Horns-.../dp/B00JHQ7PF6

I was planning to install it in warmer weather with the help of a video that I saw awhile back on a forum. Unfortunately I have searched a few places and cannot locate it. Has anyone seen this or had experience with this install? I have a 2013 RT-S SE5. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DatsaNoydb View Post
    That Denali looks a LOT like the Blazer units at Auto Zone, which are about half the price.

Works best if you use one High and one Low.

Most likely a Chinese knock off. The Denali is the original with known qualities.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage
    Don't get mad at me if you don't like my answer.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    Most likely a Chinese knock off. The Denali is the original with known qualities.
    Sorry, I did not bother to check the Country of Origin.

I went to the store (not ordered online), picked them off the rack and installed them.

They work great, and have been on my bike for several years.