Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    For Parking we pull one in and back the other in... Not to hard to do....
    That's the only way it typically works, which brings up another common difference between trikes and bikes: Reverse.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    That's the only way it typically works, which brings up another common difference between trikes and bikes: Reverse.
    My Goldwing and my Vision had reverse. My buddies Harley has reverse... Just saying...
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    My Goldwing and my Vision had reverse. My buddies Harley has reverse... Just saying...
    Don't they all use the starter motor rather than a true reverse gear in the transmission?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Don't they all use the starter motor rather than a true reverse gear in the transmission?
    Yes, both bikes use the starter. The one thing my wife likes about the reverse in the Spyder is how fast it goes vs. the snails pace of the GW. ( I owned both too)
    2018 Spyder ST Limited , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lstayner View Post
    Yes, both bikes use the starter. The one thing my wife likes about the reverse in the Spyder is how fast it goes vs. the snails pace of the GW. ( I owned both too)
    Exactly. Big difference between a Reverse GEAR and the assisted reverse on some big cruiser bikes. Even some traditional trikes have a granny gear reverse that won't do more than about 5 mph. People should actually be aware that the Spyder is NOT like that. I don't recommend it, but I've tested the reverse gear on mine and it is pretty close to a mirror of 1st gear. I got mine up to about 20 mph on a straight line back (controlled environment) without red-lining the tach, laid off and eased to a gentle stop, took a deep breath and said out loud, "Wow. I won't be doing that again."