Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Don't look now, but there are lots of limits on personal freedom for the social good. It's called 'society'
    Its hardly a binary function and no reason to sublimate personal freedom for “societal good”” when the overall benefit to society is minimal.

Far greater percentages of noise and pollution come from diesel trucks than could ever come from cycles which are much more noise and fuel efficient.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KyBill View Post
    Its hardly a binary function and no reason to sublimate personal freedom for “societal good”” when the overall benefit to society is minimal.

Far greater percentages of noise and pollution come from diesel trucks than could ever come from cycles which are much more noise and fuel efficient.
    You probably do not live close to a neighbor who owns a super loud HD and loves to fire it up at 4:30 in the morning. The main reason I keep hearing is the need for other drivers to hear you when riding.
    2018 RT , PEARL WHITE/CHROME

Spyder Garage

We have this fine event in Reno called "Street Vibrations " It's like the Sturgis event but tamer. But it's very loud.

I usually build something or paint the shop and stay out of downtown.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AAbruzzese View Post
    You probably do not live close to a neighbor who owns a super loud HD and loves to fire it up at 4:30 in the morning. The main reason I keep hearing is the need for other drivers to hear you when riding.
    We've got a lot of HDs around with open pipes. And you know what? If you have a late-model car with the windows rolled up, air on, maybe have the stereo on.... you probably won't notice even the loudest HD coming up on the freeway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AAbruzzese View Post
    That is the exact reason I reinstalled my CAT after removing the CAT bypass pipe. We are allowed to do whatever we want as long as it doesn't interfere with other peoples lives. If loud pipes save lives it's at the expense of someone else's comfort zone. I've purchased used Harleys with a gutted out Screamin Eagles mufflers..I replaced the gutted version with the standard Screamin Eagle muffler & the low end torque re-appeared plus the neighbor was happy again... Extremely loud pipes scare some people into an instant lane change without consideration of what vehicle may be in their blind spot.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black