Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    If you have ridden ATV's, then a riding a Spyder/Ryker is a piece of Cake.
    I have ridden quads, snowmobiles and two wheels - on and off road.
    I didn't want to argue with anyone - but it surely doesn't seem like a Spyder should be some major significant challenge.

A Ford F150 drives differently than a Corvette. A Goldwing rides differently than a GXR. And I assume a Spyder rides differently from all of the above.
    But I assume; a competent pilot can "learn".

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDan View Post
    I have ridden quads, snowmobiles and two wheels - on and off road.
    I didn't want to argue with anyone - but it surely doesn't seem like a Spyder should be some major significant challenge.

A Ford F150 drives differently than a Corvette. A Goldwing rides differently than a GXR. And I assume a Spyder rides differently from all of the above.
    But I assume; a competent pilot can "learn".
    That's correct everyone can learn. If you have ridden a snowmobile than its close to that. but it is not like a two wheel bike. That was all I was trying to get across. New Spyders has no hand clutch lever, no hand brake lever and when it's time to turn the Spyder in a corner you turn the handle bars unlike the push pull lean of a 2 wheeler. For most that have just ridden two wheels that takes some getting use to at first. So its like Ripley's believe it or not. That's my story and it took me a long time before I stopped reaching for the hand brake, but I always used my foot brake too so I was ok. Glad I was not two up on my first ride. I'm sure you will be ok and do fine. Make sure and let us know how you like it. I do want to let you know it gets better the more you ride the Spyder.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I tend to agree with the above. Prior to my purchase about a week and a half ago, I had never even started a Spyder. I rode it around the dealers lot a couple times and then headed home. After about 6 miles I got on the Interstate and got up to speed and stayed there for 60 miles. I was cautious and stayed at the limit but felt quite comfortable. I then took my wife for a small jaunt. That also felt fairly normal.

Since then my only interaction with the bike has been to store it for the winter. Anybody see anything wrong with my timing?