Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Here’s some info to kick you off, Broderp.

One you can eliminate from further consideration is the BRP occasional two up. I had that shock on my ‘16 F3-L, and it just didn’t do the job. (I’m 30lbs heavier than you).

Ikon only show a rear for the F3, so I don’t know if they make fronts, so check with your US supplier. They may simply not have updated their product list yet. They are a good shock, well made, but are pretty cheap as they only have 3 position adjustability, unlike the others mentioned, which have significant adjustability, hence their higher price. Mind you, I have never found a need to adjust the setting once I found position 2 suits me. (I also never adjusted my Wilbers once I was happy with them).

Pete
    I agree, I'll likely need to brush up suspension adjustments, what they do and decide what I really need. Once I'm 'dialed in' I'd only want to make minimal adjustments when I go two up. I'm thinking preload and dampening would be all I need, but will need to dig deeper. I'm not sure if just the rear will suffice or if a full set would be beneficial. Thanks for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I had a Wilber 630 HPA shock on the back of my F3S. It would be convenient for you to get a hydraulic preload rear shock. And yes, Elka does make both front/rear shocks for the F3S. I am a fan of Wilbers, but they will take (8) weeks to get. They are not only sprung to your spec's, but also valved to your specs. About $1200. Ted Porter Beemer USA is a USA vendor. Good guy.
    Thanks for this information. I get information overload when looking at Elka's website, and very little on Wilbers.. lol I agree the hydraulic preload would be very much in line with what I would want in terms of simple to adjust. Does the 630 HPA have dampening adjustment?

EDIT found this on Wilbers site.... 3K for the set of 3 with hydraulic preload.
    https://www.wilbers.de/shop/en/Motor...ur=3&year=2023
    Last edited by broderp; 01-08-2024 at 03:51 PM.
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by broderp View Post
    I agree, I'll likely need to brush up suspension adjustments, what they do and decide what I really need. Once I'm 'dialed in' I'd only want to make minimal adjustments when I go two up. I'm thinking preload and dampening would be all I need, but will need to dig deeper. I'm not sure if just the rear will suffice or if a full set would be beneficial. Thanks for the information!

Thanks for this information. I get information overload when looking at Elka's website, and very little on Wilbers.. lol I agree the hydraulic preload would be very much in line with what I would want in terms of simple to adjust. Does the 630 HPA have dampening adjustment?

EDIT found this on Wilbers site....
    If you want some free info look at the accelerated technologies site: they have several videos explaining how they set up the different rides based on a number of factors. None specific to the Spyder.

I asked them via email if they have a spring package for the front of my 22 F3S but haven't heard back yet. I think a new front spring package if available with dual rate springs would be all I need for now; if not I may consider an Elka stage 3 which is pricey even in Canadian dollars.

Spyder Garage

EDIT found this on Wilbers site.... 3K for the set of 3 with hydraulic preload.
    https://www.beemershop.com/?gad_sour...hoCtREQAvD_BwE

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Those are almost just as expensive as the wilbers only a couple of hundred cheaper, I would just stick with tried and true and get the wilbers if you are going to spend that much. Not only I enjoy them but my wife who rides on the back is very happy with the ride now.

And the hpa lets me choose between fun or none. (Just kidding honey!)

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Nice Product, I even like the white and orange color of the rear. Elka money though.

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Those are almost just as expensive as the wilbers only a couple of hundred cheaper, I would just stick with tried and true and get the wilbers if you are going to spend that much. Not only I enjoy them but my wife who rides on the back is very happy with the ride now.

And the hpa lets me choose between fun or none. (Just kidding honey!)
    I'm finding good things about Wilbers but at that price, I may as well consider Elka. Anyone have any experience with M2 shocks? M2 Spyder Shocks (2 Front + 1 Rear) are $1965 a set plus shipping and handling + it looks like they still have a $225 discount making the price $1740 for a complete set.

Sometimes too many choices is not a good thing!
    2023 Spyder F3-S, Manta Green
    2023 Ryker 600 ACE, Black on Black (The wife's toy )
    2020 Kawasaki Z900, Candy Plasma Blue

Spyder Garage

.... Anyone have any experience with M2 shocks? M2 Spyder Shocks (2 Front + 1 Rear) are $1965 a set plus shipping and handling + it looks like they still have a $225 discount making the price $1740 for a complete set...
    When I was in my 275lb to 300 lb days (no more since going keto) I had to replace my 2013 RTL's shocks with M2 shocks (Front and back) and both my wife and I loved those M2 shocks. Marcus quizzed me about our weights, riding style, and wants and we got a perfect set of shocks for a reasonable price.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nice Product, I even like the white and orange color of the rear. Elka money though.

I'm finding good things about Wilbers but at that price, I may as well consider Elka. Anyone have any experience with M2 shocks? M2 Spyder Shocks (2 Front + 1 Rear) are $1965 a set plus shipping and handling + it looks like they still have a $225 discount making the price $1740 for a complete set.

Sometimes too many choices is not a good thing!
    Don''t know why you are stuck on elka's...do some research and you will find a good number of people are having to rebuild them after 3-5 years and the cost of a rebuild is almost just as much as a new set.

I had a hard time with eating the cost of the wilbers but I figured if I was spending that much that I wanted to make sure it lasted for a while so I saved up to spend the extra money.

I am not attempting to sway your choice or denigrate it I am just attempting to give you some info you are looking for.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 01-09-2024 at 09:44 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black