Thread: CB Problems

Hybrid View

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

By the BRP gentleman that I talked to today the part # for the cluster is 710002717. It took me 5 minutes to get this information where my dealer after a month still didn't have it. I called the dealer to give this information, was told they couldn't do a work order or a request for the part till the bike was in the shop. If they had told me this 3 weeks ago I would had drove the 2 hours to them to get the paper work done. What every happened to customer service?

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    By the BRP gentleman that I talked to today the part # for the cluster is 710002717. It took me 5 minutes to get this information where my dealer after a month still didn't have it. I called the dealer to give this information, was told they couldn't do a work order or a request for the part till the bike was in the shop. If they had told me this 3 weeks ago I would had drove the 2 hours to them to get the paper work done. What every happened to customer service?
    get another dealer ... if you have a good working relationship with yours they will work with you. mine is Mossites in Pgh and no problems. they ordered the part now waiting for it. said it was a $950 item

glad BRP decided to do the right thing and fix the 2010 RTs CBs. hope this fixes it. supposedly the new cluster puts a higher priority on the CB on the CANBUS. Kudos to Carlo from BRP for calling me back proactively to let me know of the fix. so it is confirmed as the fix Also confirmed the mileage will go to zero on the new display. I doubt I would get that good of service from Harley factory (not the dealership).

I truely feel that Carlo and Renard from BRP went to bat for us to keep this on the radar at BRP and got if fixed... I hit them up at Spyderfest and there was no solution then but glad they kept at it...
    Last edited by clueless; 05-11-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My dealer ordered mine today over the phone. I had already complained about the PTT months ago so dealer said no need to bring it in. Also, a big THANK YOU to Jornie1 for passing on the information.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 05-12-2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added a thank you

Spyder Garage

Default I've got a question

How will we keep track of the mileage ?
    If you get the cluster replaced at 15K, and the mileage goes to 0, how do you maintain the 15K credit towards your next pin ? ???
    Inquiring minds want to know.............................................. .....
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey