Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

So you're saying the new swaybars will be red?

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

One more thing to point out to some people who may wonder, or think otherwise. The Spyder already has a swaybar (or more correctly anti-swaybar). The effects of the swaybar can be enhanced by installation of an aftermarket, performance swaybar, just as it can be by installing aftermarket, performance shocks. All suspension systems on production vehicles are compromises. Compromises on springs and damping (coil-over shocks on the Spyder), compromises on swaybar stiffness, and compromises on performance vs. production costs. Many rides never feel the need for performance components, or may prefer comfort over performance, and the factory stuff suits them fine. Others don't want the ride harshness that may come with the package, while some may not have the knowledge or skills to select performance components in such a way that they work well together. For those of us that may have special needs, such as doing a lot of mountain riding or carrying a heavy load, performance items like Ron's swaybars or some Elka shocks may be just the answer. The Spyder isn't deficient in the handling department (except for maybe the OEM 2010 RT), but if you feel a need for more than the factory offers, aftermarket componenets may be for you. We don't all need them, but those that want them are glad they are available.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    So you're saying the new swaybars will be red?
    That's too funny!!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Now I understand

Years ago I tried to get someone to explain it to me. But I never could grasp the thread of data. Now I understand the concept. Thank you Ron! PS your graphics are pretty decent to but I wonder if BRP knows the 14 bars are supposed to be RED?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Thank you, Ron.
    I purchased your bar on the advice of members in my Spyder Ryders of America chapter. My complaint was not the twisties, I lust lean like on a quad...my complaint was the super high cross winds we get on interstate 10, just outside of Palm Springs...cross winds sometimes exceed 50mph, and the road wander was annoying me. I will install the bar this coming weekend and report back what changes I perceive. My club says the changes will be significant.

thank you for the rudimentary suspension tutorial.