Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rdkarl View Post
    Let me start out by saying I'm not that savvy with phone apps, but I can usually figure things out or at least find someone younger whom was born with a smartphone in their hand to help me out. Not the case this time. Maybe one of you forum members can help, as I have heard nothing back from BRP customer care. My Spyder is a 2019 F3 Limited, and the digital dash has the latest software update. BRP Connect user guide states that only Apple Music will work with their system, so I subscribed to Apple Music, downloaded the app to my Samsung Android phone and downloaded a bunch of songs to my library. The downloaded songs go to my SD card. Next, I turn on the Spyder, and then connect the phone, with both Apple Music, and BRP connect open and running. The phone connects to the Spyder and I can launch BRP Connect on the dash. I select Music, and the dash tells me that there is no music available in any of the categories, songs, albums, & playlists. I am able to play the songs in the Apple Music library if I back out of the BRP connect app and select bluetooth music from the menu. So what do I need to do to make Music in BRP Connect work correctly with my Apple Music and list all of the songs in my library? What location on the phone does BRP Connect need to access to? Thanks.
    My RTL plays music from my Samsung S7 phone with no problem through BRP Connect and without using the Apple Music app. However, I am doing something differently than you are.

I also have an SD card in my phone, but I set up a folder called "Music" on it and copied all my music to that folder, using sub-folders for each artist and sub-sub folders for each artist's various albums.

When I connect my phone to the USB cable and follow the same procedure you described and click on "Music", a complete listing of all the artists on the SD card appears. I can then scroll through the artist listing, choose the album I want, then choose the first song in the album, and playback through the speakers begins. It seems to work pretty seamlessly. I can then press the BRP Connect lever again and get the full original display, but on the right side where the radio frequency used to be displayed the name of the song playing from the phone's SD card is displayed.

I don't know if my creating a folder named "Music" on the SD card is what is allowing this to work for me, but you might give it a try and see if you can get it working that way.

2018 RT Ltd.
    2018 RT Ltd , Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Winni-Laker View Post
    My RTL plays music from my Samsung S7 phone with no problem through BRP Connect and without using the Apple Music app. However, I am doing something differently than you are.

I also have an SD card in my phone, but I set up a folder called "Music" on it and copied all my music to that folder, using sub-folders for each artist and sub-sub folders for each artist's various albums.

When I connect my phone to the USB cable and follow the same procedure you described and click on "Music", a complete listing of all the artists on the SD card appears. I can then scroll through the artist listing, choose the album I want, then choose the first song in the album, and playback through the speakers begins. It seems to work pretty seamlessly. I can then press the BRP Connect lever again and get the full original display, but on the right side where the radio frequency used to be displayed the name of the song playing from the phone's SD card is displayed.

I don't know if my creating a folder named "Music" on the SD card is what is allowing this to work for me, but you might give it a try and see if you can get it working that way.
    I'm also using the Galaxy S7 - BRP connect is working well with it, and I'm not even on the latest 2018 RTL dash firmware yet...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Winni-Laker View Post

When you are using BRP connect Music set up like this, does the joystick allow you to increase/decrease volume?
    2019 F3 Limited , Big Bike Parts full size pedal Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rdkarl View Post
    When you are using BRP connect Music set up like this, does the joystick allow you to increase/decrease volume?
    Yes, but you have to get out of BRP Connect and back to the standard dash (like you were using Bluetooth connect to the phone.)
    My vice is passion for KISS.
    Oh, and food.

Current ride: 2019 Spyder RT-L in Phoenix Orange.

2019 RT-L , Phoenix Metallic Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kissfan View Post
    Yes, but you have to get out of BRP Connect and back to the standard dash (like you were using Bluetooth connect to the phone.)
    OK, that was what I was experiencing also when I setup a small music library as you suggested. Up and down on the joystick was changing to the next song. Thanks.
    2019 F3 Limited , Big Bike Parts full size pedal Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

When you are on the main screen and playing tunes from your phone. No matter if you are using the BRP music app or not not. The artist and song title should appear on the right side of the screen. Up and down on the joystick will control the volume. Long press down will pause the song. Press right will change to the next song. Press left will restart the current song. Long press left will go back to the previous song.

2018 F3 LIMITED