Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnny pop View Post
    Is there a service bulletin # that I could quote, since this is the first they are hearing of it as well?
    As of a couple weeks ago, BRP still has not published a service bulletin on this problem. They are however, quickly and easily approving the replacements. If the pulley exhibits the red oxide dust, they authorize replacement as failure is approaching.

I do recommend re installation involve moly lube on the new sprocket splines as is industry practice. Installing dry is a known failure method for splines that are not press fit.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    As of a couple weeks ago, BRP still has not published a service bulletin on this problem. They are however, quickly and easily approving the replacements. If the pulley exhibits the red oxide dust, they authorize replacement as failure is approaching.

I do recommend re installation involve moly lube on the new sprocket splines as is industry practice. Installing dry is a known failure method for splines that are not press fit.
    I'll be going to the dealer on Wednesday, so hopefully they will then order the required parts. I'll bring a print out your response if they need a bit of a prod to contact BRP!
    Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll be going to the dealer on Wednesday, so hopefully they will then order the required parts. I'll bring a print out your response if they need a bit of a prod to contact BRP!
    Thanks!
    Anybody with the red rust has not be denied to my knowledge. If they give you a hassle, make sure and report them to BRP. Information flow back to them is the best way for us to get the best possible service work done. I have sneaking suspicion that they will be really monitoring how their dealers are treating their customers even more so from here on in.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    Anybody with the red rust has not be denied to my knowledge. If they give you a hassle, make sure and report them to BRP. Information flow back to them is the best way for us to get the best possible service work done. I have sneaking suspicion that they will be really monitoring how their dealers are treating their customers even more so from here on in.
    The mechanic told me that BRP would not authorize the work, but I found out that my warranty was not still in effect which was a surprise to me since I thought it was.. Well, one thing leads to another, as I will get in touch with BRP next! Wish me luck, as I will probably have the sprocket replaced regardless of the warranty question!

Spyder Garage

The mechanic told me that BRP would not authorize the work, but I found out that my warranty was not still in effect which was a surprise to me since I thought it was.. Well, one thing leads to another, as I will get in touch with BRP next! Wish me luck, as I will probably have the sprocket replaced regardless of the warranty question!
    Just got the news that BRP will cover the sprocket and labor to replace it. Thanks to my mechanic for stepping in to press my case. Taking the opportunity to replace belt and shock at the same time!

Spyder Garage

Just got the news that BRP will cover the sprocket and labor to replace it. Thanks to my mechanic for stepping in to press my case. Taking the opportunity to replace belt and shock at the same time!
    Result!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good news !

Spyder Garage

Dealer had a LOT of trouble pulling sprocket off of shaft, and have to leave bike there for a few days. Ordered a new oil seal in case the old one was compromised. Claim that Loctite was the problem. Almost wished that I didn't follow up on this thread!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jneg2 View Post
    Dealer had a LOT of trouble pulling sprocket off of shaft, and have to leave bike there for a few days. Ordered a new oil seal in case the old one was compromised. Claim that Loctite was the problem. Almost wished that I didn't follow up on this thread!!
    You know they can speculate on what caused that all they want. Since it is a solid joint with no movement, how would loctite have any effect either way? I think that if I have one fail I will RTV it inside and out. If nothing else it should keep the material dry and more intact.