Spyder Garage

Default Heated gear connection on F3T

Next to the key on the left there is a hole with a plug in there now. I have seen some kind of covered connector that will fit right in that hole. Where can I find this plug? What are others using?
    Buckskin
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Next to the key on the left there is a hole with a plug in there now. I have seen some kind of covered connector that will fit right in that hole. Where can I find this plug? What are others using?
    Buckskin
    I have my heated gear connector run up through my handlebars. I then use a 24" extension to attach it to my gear. I'll post a few pics later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Copperman; 10-03-2017 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Added pictures.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Buckskin
    I posted pictures of my power for my heated gear. Hope it gives you some ideas.

I was at Spyder Rendezvous last year and saw a red F3L with that same set-up. As soon as I got home, I changed mine from under the seat. This set-up is far better.
    Last edited by Copperman; 10-03-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Heated clothing on a F3T or L

I been looking at your idea to get your 12 V source for heated clothing. Another choice would be to attach this cable to a mounting port on through a panel. Example would be at (https://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerb...-port-kit.html)
    My thought is the flexing a power cord could develop an open or a short in the 12V supply. Your cable would be flexing year around even when not in use. I plan to use this on my F3L in the next few weeks.

Tom Westendorf

Spyder Garage

Tom, been to the warming store and already ordered that port mount. I'm going to try to see if it will fit in that hole that is now for the heated grips, if not, will find a flat panel area and mount it there.
    Buckskin
    Will post some pictures when I get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by tates View Post
    I been looking at your idea to get your 12 V source for heated clothing. Another choice would be to attach this cable to a mounting port on through a panel. Example would be at (https://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerb...-port-kit.html)
    My thought is the flexing a power cord could develop an open or a short in the 12V supply. Your cable would be flexing year around even when not in use. I plan to use this on my F3L in the next few weeks.

Tom Westendorf
    2016 F3T , Pearl White