Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Question about Corbin Seats

Has anybody had the same problem I have been having trying to order a seat from Corbin. I have heard that they have great seats. For the past four days I have been trying to order one but needed to talk to a sales person first because of some questions I needed answered before shelling out $1300. Three days I was put on hold and I was never picked up again and the fourth day I actually talked to a real person only to find out that their system was down and they could not take any orders nor could she answer my questions; nor did they call me back when I left my number. I just spent 30 minutes on hold again being tortured by having to listen to horrendous Christmas music. Love it in December can do without it in February. Is this a sign that I should take my business elsewhere? Has anyone else come across this problem with Corbin? Would love to get your views Thanks. Barry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Corbin has picked up a couple of "Black Eyes" over the past several years; most of them relating to customer service.
    They have GREAT seats; if you can work around the "phone issues"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

which bike and what seat? I have had a corbin and an ultima seat
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Bullet. Dodged.

My friend ordered saddle bags for his SlingShot that they wouldn't service (unless he brought them to their shop), and even then who knows what would have happened. Bad paint job, had to be modified to fit, and still won't stay closed dependably.

There was a long thread about a year ago where many shared their similar issues, largely with Spyders.

Look up their customer service any way you like, it's always filled with similar stories. If this is how they are when you are trying to spend money, just imagine after they have it in hand.
    Last edited by MRH; 02-16-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Yes to the comments from Bob D. about the "black eyes" they have received regarding customer service as of late.

The seats are good if you like hard (supportive). I have had two of the seats and cover over 50,000 miles on them. My last was purchased in 2010. That was quite a while before their reputation tanked concerning customer service.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I called last year to inquire about a seat. They were rude and short on the phone. There was no way they were getting my money.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin seats

Barry
    Is this a sign that I should take my business elsewhere? Has anyone else come across this problem with Corbin? Would love to get your views Thanks.

You are one very patient person. Why not take that to Russel day long and see what it gets you; you will not be sorry
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Try Ultimate Seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Corbin makes a pretty good seat but if your butt isn't a match for the seat you are in for a uncomfortable ride. The seat breaks you in instead of the other way around. I'm a big fan of Russell and have had five of them. There are lots of off the shelf seats but nothing beats a truely custom seat.If you can't get them to talk to you to buy it what about when you need it reworked??

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin seats

I can speak to the issue of customer service very strongly. My wife's Spyder is the apple of her eye and the accessories she adds must meet her needs.

She bought her 2008 as soon as a SE 5 was available, before picking up the bike a Corbin saddle was ordered along with almost $4000.00 of bags, mounts and so from Corbin. Delerivery was delayed without any reason or phone call.

Moving on the seat needed recover, due to cats! A call was made to Corbin, Jessica took the call. My wife wanted yellow thread stiching, and a Spyder Logo on the side of the seat. The Logo from the orginal seal was photographed and sent to Corbin with complete written instructions and photos. Confirmed with Jessica,"No problem" she said, "I will send the photos to the departments, just to make sure of the order instructions"

Perfect,no. The seat arrived wrong. A call back to Jessica,NO, although the message was left no return call.
    Weeks passed, suprise, Jessica called, sorry, an RMA was issued. Jessica suggested to use the seat and before a year was up just use the RMA to get the seat reworked. Great, except during this time the seat design was changed, my wife went ballistic.

To shorten this story the next seat purchase was from Ultimate, great service.

Moral of this story when you buy a product and pay good money the contract is not done until the product is correct.

Talk with your wallet not with your mouth.

Good Luck

Spyder Garage

I'm going with Russell. I made an appointment for a April. Their website is informative and they are very helpful on the phone.
    Yellow 2013RT SE5(Previous)
    Champagne Metallic 2017RT LTD SE6

Spyder Garage

I'm a huge fan of my ultimate seat and backrest. Well worth the money and the service was fantastic my seat arrived with a tear in it due to the freight company. I called them and they told me to ride on the bad seat until I received my new seat so I didn't have to miss any riding time. They sent me a new seat along with a return shipping label to send them the torn seat back. A year later I did a key west trip and stopped by there office on the way to tell them thanks again for the service. That is how it's supposed to be done. I will always use Ultimate.
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Got an indian scout i order a corbin for, ordered in dec. got in jan. very quick for a custom seat with holidays. i did
    have to call 2 or 3 times but the seat is well worth it, all leather not vinyl like others so i am happy.

Spyder Garage

Default Call Florida office

For Corbin - call their Florida location in Ormond, (800) 223-4332 and ask for Sergio. Great guy awesome to work with and if he can not answer a question he'll find out AND call you back.
    Another number: (386)615-1205 or (386)931-6182cell.
    In Hollister: Janice: (831)634-1100 X323

Spyder Garage

Default My experience

I put a Corbin on my 2010 and put 120k miles on that seat. No issues with the seat. BUT customer service has gone downhill significantly in the past few years. Even though I was pleased with the Corbin (as others have said they are firm, hard, but worked for me). I had a couple minor issues with the Corbin that I wanted them to send me the part (hinge for gas door)...willing to pay. After the 3rd call and no results my dealer found the hinge and fixed for me. So that blacked Corbin's eye for me.
    I stopped at Russell Day Long on one of my trips last fall. I was sooooo impressed with their seats as well as the customer service that I have scheduled a ride in for May of this year. I have called them several times with my questions and they are always there or always return my calls very quickly.
    For me, customer service, is all important. Your $ your decision. But I'd sure check out and TALK TO Russell Day Long folks.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Four Corbins and 2 RDLs

My butt is much more comfortable with the Russell Day Long and I removed a Corbin with dual heat and gas door to add the RDL.

May have the Corbin for sale when I sell my Spyder.

-Bill
    2019 Black F3-T

Spyder Garage

I've had two Corbins, both on Beemers that I bought used. The first was for an K 75 RT. I put 35,000 miles on that seat and it never did "break in". It was very uncomfortable. The next was on a 650 Dakar. While that seat never broke in either, it was comfortable. If the shape fits your bottom, fine, if not, your screwed.

I really can't recall how far back you would have to go to when they did have good customer service. Those black eyes go back before I had a computer.

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin seatssave

Quote Originally Posted by blowndisk View Post
    Has anybody had the same problem I have been having trying to order a seat from Corbin. I have heard that they have great seats. For the past four days I have been trying to order one but needed to talk to a sales person first because of some questions I needed answered before shelling out $1300. Three days I was put on hold and I was never picked up again and the fourth day I actually talked to a real person only to find out that their system was down and they could not take any orders nor could she answer my questions; nor did they call me back when I left my number. I just spent 30 minutes on hold again being tortured by having to listen to horrendous Christmas music. Love it in December can do without it in February. Is this a sign that I should take my business elsewhere? Has anyone else come across this problem with Corbin? Would love to get your views Thanks. Barry
    Hello,
    Save yourself from unneeded anxiety and contact Russell Day Long seats. You will get a semi-custom seat built to your size and weight. You will need to ship stock seat as RDL builds off of original seat pan. The best way is to go to factory in calif. but due to your location, impractical. Many happy customers on this site.
    Pete
    P.S. Looks great

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thank you all for your input and suggestions I will look into both Russell and Ultimate. You guys a great. Thanks again

Spyder Garage

Default Walk away - Quickly

Your own message tells it all. Walk away. I suggest Russell or Ultimate. I've had both and they are both wonderful with fantastic service and support.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Another for the Russell Day Long!
    Mark in GA

2014 Cognac Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
    2014 Cognac RT-622 Trailer - SOLD
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Spyder Garage

Mmmm, Corbin? I would definitely look elsewhere. Mike Corbin who started making Harley seats 25 years ago was pretty fair, but now that they are in "the Big Time" things have changed drastically. It is run by other people who are very business like, impersonal and simply "don't give a damn dear" about your little problems!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Spyderman View Post
    Another for the Russell Day Long!
    .....and another for Day Long. Ultimate make great seats, but they are one size fits all. Daylong make seats especially to fit YOU. Sure they are more expensive, but you get what you pay for
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I bought a Corbin seat last year and did not have any problem. Love the seat.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Default Question about Corbin Seats

Quote Originally Posted by fjray View Post
    Corbin makes a pretty good seat but if your butt isn't a match for the seat you are in for a uncomfortable ride. The seat breaks you in instead of the other way around. I'm a big fan of Russell and have had five of them. There are lots of off the shelf seats but nothing beats a truely custom seat.If you can't get them to talk to you to buy it what about when you need it reworked??
    Sorry but it simply isn't true that the 'Corbin seat breaks you in instead of the other way around'.
    I have over 100,000 miles on my Corbin spyder seats and they indeed DO break in after a few thousand miles to fit you perfectly.
    Maybe if you're really light I could see it taking longer to break in due to the firmness.
    They're a great seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Firefly; 02-19-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!