Thread: Slow service

Spyder Garage

Default Slow service

From the first time I turned the key on my new F3L the parking brake did not function properly; no indicator light when set and light constantly blinks when released. You have to push the switch twice to release the brake. I was only provided with one key, they said the Spyder cane from one of their other dealerships and they would have them send it directly to me. I got a call from the dealership about two weeks later and they said my key was in, I told them I would stop in and pick it up. They said "we need the bike to program the key to it." They didn't have the original key just a blank. I took the Spyder in to have the key programed and told them about the parking brake problem, they said we can't do it today, bring it in next Wednesday. Took it in and they said they would call when it was done then they gave me an estimated bill for over $300.00. I told the service manager that the bike only had a few hundred miles on it. He said that doesn't mean that it's covered under warranty. Haven't heard anything from the dealer in over two weeks so I stopped in yesterday to check on any progress, they said it's in line to be worked on but it will be at least two more weeks. I asked if I could take the bike and bring it back when they could work on it: NO, if you take it you lose your place in line and will have to start over again. So, looks like it will be in the shop for over a month to have an hour or two service done. Not happy!
    Rant over....

Spyder Garage

There are some dealers that are like that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I would be finding a new shop even if I had to ride it 200 miles!!! That is no way to be treated in my eye's!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

You said new F3L, do you mean new as in brand new or just new to you? If the former, what the hell is the dealership doing quoting a charge for a warranty issue? If the latter, how old is the Spyder and when does/did the original 2 year factory warranty expire? If less than two years when it was put in service it is still covered by the original warranty, including programming a second key. Both problems are warranty issues.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I would call Clinton county motor sports if it's not to far away when they set a appointment that is your time they tell you a time that is when your Snyder get worked on you bring it in the day of service and leave with it that day.

Spyder Garage

We are lucky to have a great dealership here in Lincoln, Star City motor sports. My only complaint would be the unavailability of parts, which is beyond their control.

Not too many years ago, it was not unusual for a Harley dealer that didn’t have the parts in stock to take them off of new stock to get you back on the road. I doubt if that would happen anymore even if you were on the road.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    You said new F3L, do you mean new as in brand new or just new to you? If the former, what the hell is the dealership doing quoting a charge for a warranty issue? If the latter, how old is the Spyder and when does/did the original 2 year factory warranty expire? If less than two years when it was put in service it is still covered by the original warranty, including programming a second key. Both problems are warranty issues.
    Left over 2020, purchased in Feb. 21

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimer View Post
    I would call Clinton county motor sports if it's not to far away when they set a appointment that is your time they tell you a time that is when your Snyder get worked on you bring it in the day of service and leave with it that day.
    I'll probably use American Powersports in Findlay, 90 miles away but have used them before and received excellent service. Will keep Clinton County on the list; thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 5Wheels View Post
    The dealership is attempting to screw you.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 5Wheels View Post
    You should have a warranty from Feb 21 for the next two years. The two issues you mentioned, parking brake and second key should be covered under warranty by the dealer. We bought our new 2020 F3L in January of this year. We have a two year warranty.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    The dealership is attempting to screw you.
    X's 10 ..... It's a pain but drop a line to BRP Cares and let them know about this ..... good luck ... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some dealers can drive you nuts just because they can. Give them the finger and move on.