LifeLongRider,

I'm one of the ones that sqawked about breakage on a brand new machine. I kind of feel your pain, but let me add this. I firmly believe that you can beat these things into submission. Mine had 2 failures in the first 3 months of being put on the road. The dealer fixed them, albeit in one months time. I just got back from a 857 mile round trip to SpyderPops shop in Pearcy Arkansas to get a Baja Ron sway bar and ROLO laser alignment.

My bike ran great. Nothing fell off or broke. I ran it hard outrunning the torrential rains that were in Arkansas at the time. This thing is smooth as glass with all the additions I put on it. This trip made me feel much better about the Spyder.

Once upon a time I was on a 77 Shovelhead I had ridden all the way from the deep south to Sturgis S.D. to see the spectacle. Of course it broke. It broke on Saturday night, I rode it out of the shop Sunday afternoon. My biggest question now is if I'm on the road, and something does pop up, and is a warranty repair, am I going to get back on the road before one month passes? The poor dealer representation is my main concern at this point. I was told if you're travelling that they will prioritize you to get you going, but is that really the case? Has anyone had to use an on the trip dealer repair, and how did it go?