Thread: New Dash

Spyder Garage

Default New Dash

I have a 2015 RTSSE6. Had to have a new dash (instrument cluster) installed. Does anyone know how to reset the mileage on the new dash to reflect what was on the old one before the change. Thank you in advance.

Spyder Garage

Default Oh oh.....

Not sure about the new ones but from the past there is no way to set the mileage. You have to keep a record of when and at what mileage you replaced the dash. The only information that will carry over is the hours of engine operation. Must come from the interrnal computers.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

There is no way that I know of to update a new dash cluster with the mileage of a replaced one. As Gene said save the dealer invoice for the change that should have been listed from the old cluster. You will need that info when selling the Spyder.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

with posts #2 and #3

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Mine's the same way - dealer replaced it before I bought it. Its at around 1400 miles now, but there's over 30k on it.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

This is true, I just had mine go out and replaced 2 weeks ago on a 2016 RT-S. All you can do is keep your work order receipts for if you resale it.
    2020 RT Limited SE6
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

A little off topic but useful information. My dash was giving me all kind of indications, parking break, check engine light, and every other one available, it was random and usually when going thru bumps,it would also randomly reset itself, the Spyder was working great so I knew this was an indication problem. I removed the dash and found several cold solder joints on the circuit board main connector, I fixed it myself since I work on electronics, before buying a new cluster, take the faulty one to a electronics repair shop and ask to resolder the main connector, you may be saving a lot.
    2012 RT , Break pedal extender Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by edduyn View Post
    A little off topic but useful information. My dash was giving me all kind of indications, parking break, check engine light, and every other one available, it was random and usually when going thru bumps,it would also randomly reset itself, the Spyder was working great so I knew this was an indication problem. I removed the dash and found several cold solder joints on the circuit board main connector, I fixed it myself since I work on electronics, before buying a new cluster, take the faulty one to a electronics repair shop and ask to resolder the main connector, you may be saving a lot.
    Noticed you recently joined Spyderlovers. FWIW, the cold solder joints failing seems to remain as an ongoing issue. Years ago another owner found exactly the same as you did. Repaired the solder connections and went on without further issues.

Spyder Garage

According to the site, BUDS (premium or whatever) can reset or change everything. There are two levels of BUDS license regular and whatever they call "pro" or factory. Most shops just have the regular. If you Google BUDS license for can am you can find it on amazon, for like $1400

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    According to the site, BUDS (premium or whatever) can reset or change everything. There are two levels of BUDS license regular and whatever they call "pro" or factory. Most shops just have the regular. If you Google BUDS license for can am you can find it on amazon, for like $1400
    Well … maybe … but, in most states, it is illegal to tamper with an odometer and doing so can get you in big trouble. This may even be a federal rule. Bottom line, just keep your receipts and a record of the mileage when the dash cluster was changed.

All the best …. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __