Spyder Garage

Default GO or get run over.

A few members here have flamed me about my complaining about the performance of the spyder and the dang nanny.

Well, when I tell you that here in my area of Florida you go or get moved out of the I'm not lying or even exaggerating, just take a minute to read what the Florida Highway Police have to say about the drivers.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/troop...iving-and-duis
    Last edited by SLICE; 06-06-2023 at 06:29 AM.

Spyder Garage

It is true. I live not far from where I-75 crosses I-10 in north Florida. The life flight choppers come over my house day and night.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

It sounds just like rush "HOUR'S" (as in many), in Atlanta. Go or get run over, it happens every day.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Never place yourself in a situation where you are holding up traffic, be it vehicles starting to collect behind you or anything similar. That holds true from driving cars or any 2 or 3 wheeled vehicles.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Normal interstate travel around here is 75 even though posted limits are usually 65! I usually poke along in the slow lane at about 70 and get passed by most including LEOs.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Rural Arkansas is looking better all the time. We can drive most roads at 40 mph if we desire, and we mostly have them to ourselves. We do get out of the way if we find ourselves impeding traffic though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Local area if the limit is 70 or under on main HiWays, then if you aren't at 75-80 you will be passed!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-06-2023 at 12:47 PM. Reason: en... ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 3 Spyders I’ve had didn’t seem to have a “nanny”. I could and can get it to 80+ in seconds. It’s a semi and I just punch the shifter.

The SF Bay Area average speed is 80 on the freeways and +10 most other streets. You just have to be alert all the time.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Normal interstate travel around here is 75 even though posted limits are usually 65! I usually poke along in the slow lane at about 70 and get passed by most including LEOs.....
    LEO also stands for Low Earth Orbit. Seems that some Law Enforcement Officers have decided to explore that mode of flight.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-06-2023 at 08:47 PM. Reason: filght... ;-)
    Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"
    UltraGard Full Cover, Front & Rear Cup Holders, Elka Stage 2 Rear Shock, TC & Dave Signal Button, Spyder Extras Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LALoner View Post
    Local area if the limit is 70 or under on main HiWays, then if you aren't at 75-80 you will be passed!
    well they are trying get to better roads

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I usually poke along in the slow lane at about 70 and get passed by most including LEOs.....
    This reminds me of the 1st time that I went to Jacksonville Fl. I was on I-10 doing the speed limit when this LEO came around me going pretty fast.
    I decided to speed up and follow him as he didn't have any blue lights or anything on. After about 3 miles he rather quickly moved to the emergency lane and when I went passed guess what..... Yep he came after me, turned his lights on and pulled me over.

Now mind you that I was in my early twenties and figured that I had it pretty much figured out so, when the LEO came to the window, asked for my license he looked me in the eye and said, son we have laws here in Florida, I kept looking at him and without missing a beat I said, we do in Georgia also but, they apply to everyone, besides I was just keeping up with you. He looked at me for a second then wrote me a warning ticket and said, would you please slow it down a little! Till this very day both my youngest son and my wife still brings it up and tells me that I was very lucky.
    Last edited by K80Shooter; 06-06-2023 at 02:40 PM.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Whether I am on the tricycle or in my truck, I always assume the entire world is smoking crack and actively trying to kill me!

Stay defensive, stay safe!

--Exco
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-08-2023 at 12:39 AM. Reason: weather... ;-)
    2021 RT-L only has a few cosmetic mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
    Whether I am on the tricycle or in my truck, I always assume the entire world is smoking crack and actively trying to kill me!

--Exco
    I couldn't agree more. Surface streets around here have a 45 MPH limit. Most travel at 50-60 MPH. Intersections with green lights do not automatically mean you're safe. Every week there is usually a big news story about people killed by red light runners. Those not killed, just hospitalized, don't make the news. But you gotta know it's happening..... a lot. And I've witnessed that firsthand several times. Stay safe..... Jim
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-08-2023 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

--Exco
    That is not true. Only half of them are smoking crack. The other half are texting on their cell phones.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-08-2023 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

--Exco
    plenty of them are sober & not on crack, just trying to be whatever...

DDB72AAE-227A-4075-918E-0AE7E8CEA1CF.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-08-2023 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    The 3 Spyders I’ve had didn’t seem to have a “nanny”. I could and can get it to 80+ in seconds. It’s a semi and I just punch the shifter.

The SF Bay Area average speed is 80 on the freeways and +10 most other streets. You just have to be alert all the time.
    When I say nanny kicking in, I'm talking about when you have a passenger and turning left or right or on and on-ramp and the nanny shuts you down as your trying accelerate and some Ford/Chevy/Dodge/jeep/car/truck/SUV is 2 inches off your A$$.

Spyder Garage

I have to drive about 15 miles of I-75 3-4 times a year. Always a big sigh of relief when I get off that horrible thing.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-08-2023 at 11:56 AM. Reason: removed reference to GD. Keep it family friendly

Spyder Garage

I installed the Pedal Box about a month ago. No, top end hasn't changed; however, throttle response is much improved. Gives me a little more margin for getting out of the way.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chipveres View Post
    LEO also stands for Low Earth Orbit. Seems that some Law Enforcement Officers have decided to explore that mode of flight.
    I usually drive I-70 several times a week for work in the morning in between frederick and hagerstown.

You have to go over two mountains with trucks going slow 75- 80 in the right lanes and people doing 85-90 in the left especially going down the mountain.

It's why I just purchased some summer mesh armour to protect me somewhat with going those speeds or faster in order not to be a target in the way. I usually just mosey home on 40 or the back roads going over the mountains to decompress from the day.

Other than the smoke from the fires it's been great riding weather for the last couple of weeks.

Update for my edit. I have also been stopping for a chili coney and a cherry slush at sonic on the way home since it has warmed up. It's a great way to start the way home.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 06-09-2023 at 05:17 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

--Exco
    Yup, this right here. It's kept me alive in commute traffic in the SF Bay Area and Los Angeles as well as right here in the wilds of Northern Nevada. Seems to me the "crazy quotient" just keeps going up.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black