Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by toolie View Post
    Installed motorcycle Dave gel in my seat this am and went for a short ride. It did relieve the area of the 2 butt bones, but moved me foward a little. Will find out more after a little more time time in the saddle.
    The coast to coast and cannonball are F3 accessories.
    549.99 for cc and 569.99 for the cannonball
    Thanks
    Toolie, I tried both the Cannonball and Coast to Coast on my F3-L. They were marginally better than stock (but not much). If you don’t want to throw good money after bad, bite the bullet a get a Russell Daylong. They are custom built for you, and as their name says, you can ride day long. They guarantee all day comfort. If they don’t achieve that first up, Russell will modify them until they do. Have a look at their reviews, which are glowing. I’m not sure why JP only gets 1.5 hours out of his Daylong, unless he hasn’t told Russell of his specific problem with his legs getting sore? .......and as Ann says, forget popularity. We are all different shapes and sizes and have differing riding needs. You might luck out with a particular brand of stock seat, but it is highly likely you won’t.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Toolie, I tried both the Cannonball and Coast to Coast on my F3-L. They were marginally better than stock (but not much). If you don’t want to throw good money after bad, bite the bullet a get a Russell Daylong. They are custom built for you, and as their name says, you can ride day long. They guarantee all day comfort. If they don’t achieve that first up, Russell will modify them until they do. Have a look at their reviews, which are glowing. I’m not sure why JP only gets 1.5 hours out of his Daylong, unless he hasn’t told Russell of his specific problem with his legs getting sore? .......and as Ann says, forget popularity. We are all different shapes and sizes and have differing riding needs. You might luck out with a particular brand of stock seat, but it is highly likely you won’t.

Pete
    Pete Daylong is the best. My butt does not get sore. It's my leg circulation I have trouble with. I just can't stay on a bike or in a car for more than 1-1/2 hours. I need to walk around then.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Pete Daylong is the best. My butt does not get sore. It's my leg circulation I have trouble with. I just can't stay on a bike or in a car for more than 1-1/2 hours. I need to walk around then.
    This is why the seat is not the only consideration. A good seat combined with a good floorboard where you have options and room to move your legs around is important. The more comfortable seats will raise you up higher than stock so you no longer feel like you are part of the spyder but on top of it. That is why I did not like the ultimate. The Mustang was a little wider and the same height as stock. You still need to take breaks but I sometimes occupy my legs to keep them fresh by using them to push off like a skier. If I dont move them around from time to time, it affects my seat comfort.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Ahhhhh. Gotcha, JP....... sorry, I misinterpreted

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red