Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeeredoo View Post
    If installing the update over Wi-Fi is being a problem, just e-mail the firmware to the dealers so they can do the install with their buds.
    But first BRP has to let the dealers know they’re sending them a e-mail with the firmware.
    My dealer has no clue about when ACP will be ready, they even checked their BRP forum to see what the other dealers had to post and it was nothing.
    Installing over wifi isn’t the issue. The issue is, the ACP download has issues. Doesn’t matter how it is installed.
    My dealer was told the download has been suspended. BRP will provide weekly updates thru their forum to their dealers.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riplin View Post
    Installing over wifi isn’t the issue. The issue is, the ACP download has issues. Doesn’t matter how it is installed.
    My dealer was told the download has been suspended. BRP will provide weekly updates thru their forum to their dealers.
    The issue for many of us is that WiFi simply doesn't work reliably on these units. I have great signal strength in my garage, and maybe 1 time out of 25 it will connect. It will not connect ever to my iPhone's hotspot even in 2.4GHz mode. Yet my iPhone shows it connecting immediately after I enter the password for it but the Spyder just says it can't connect. I was able to upgrade to 2.1.1 (and downgrade back to 2.1.0) just fine once WiFi worked, but that's an incredibly rare event.

What would be even better is if the units could be upgraded by having the firmware on a USB stick. My vehicles let me do that, why can't this head unit do the same? At least we could download the firmware on a reliable computer connection and then transfer it to USB where it should work pretty flawlessly from there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riplin View Post
    Installing over wifi isnÂ’t the issue. The issue is, the ACP download has issues. DoesnÂ’t matter how it is installed.
    God I wish that was the issue. I don't know how many times I have watched a video of a BRP rep showing off the APC on a 2024 spyder.
    It worked there, now make it work on our spyder.
    WE paid good money for a 2024 spyder with ACP.
    And that 2024 spyder on the video had the firmware installed with there BUDS. well now we read that there BUDS has problems connecting to some spyders.
    Well that firmware some how got installed on that 2024 spyder.
    How, there all the same screen, or are there 2024 spyders that have different screens?
    First it was Apple licenses, then it was Apples fault, now its not downloading correctly, and now we hear, there are some spyders that will not connect to there BUDS.
    When will the lies end?