Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Here is a nice site to compare tires. As with everything there will be multiple opinions. Scroll down until you find the manufacture you want and then click on the tire of your choice..

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

I just tried to find 205/60r15 Quatrc 5 on tirerake.com it came back it doesn’t make it in that size. How can everybody else get in that size but me 😢🤪

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbax View Post
    I just tried to find 205/60r15 Quatrc 5 on tirerake.com it came back it doesn’t make it in that size. How can everybody else get in that size but me ����
    The rear tire isn't at Tire Rack in the USA. I found mine at Vulcan Tire, but they had a 1 month ship time even if it was in stock.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    The rear tire isn't at Tire Rack in the USA. I found mine at Vulcan Tire, but they had a 1 month ship time even if it was in stock.
    Same for me - but it's worth the wait!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just read a customer review of the Vredestein Quatrac 5 from an unhappy camper who put a full set on his car. To wit:
    June 06, 2019
    The tire was an above average driving tire. Until it hit about 20000 miles. After that the noise is unreal. Cannot carry on a conversation, cannot even hear the radio. Turned into a miserable tire once it hit about 20000 miles. Not even usable. Upset at the tire manufacturer and upset at Tire Rack for selling me a tire that did not give usable drive after 20000 miles.
    Now, if you can't hear the radio in a car, imagine what it would be like on the front of a Spyder!

So, does anyone yet have 20k miles on their front Quatracs? Noise?
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    I just read a customer review of the Vredestein Quatrac 5 from an unhappy camper who put a full set on his car. To wit: Now, if you can't hear the radio in a car, imagine what it would be like on the front of a Spyder!

So, does anyone yet have 20k miles on their front Quatracs? Noise?
    Well this is interesting ….. I know of 15 folks here who have them on now and NONE have mentioned any noise from the front ( or rear ) tire..... what psi are you using ????? …...…...Thanks …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Kind of off topic, but not really. My son just had to replace his tires on his car about 5,000-10,000 miles before they were at advertised mileage. The why of it was noise. The tires (Bridgestones) got so noisy he thought he was losing a wheel bearing. Replacement with Michelin tires got better handling and quieter ride. So time only will tell. I suspect the car tires if properly inflated will last much longer for the long run. The Vredesteins are a relatively soft and low UTQG (400) tire, so on a car they may not have a good and long life.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Kind of off topic, but not really. My son just had to replace his tires on his car about 5,000-10,000 miles before they were at advertised mileage. The why of it was noise. The tires (Bridgestones) got so noisy he thought he was losing a wheel bearing. Replacement with Michelin tires got better handling and quieter ride. So time only will tell. I suspect the car tires if properly inflated will last much longer for the long run. The Vredesteins are a relatively soft and low UTQG (400) tire, so on a car they may not have a good and long life.
    The interesting thing about " UTQG " numbers are …. they aren't consistent, each manufacturer rates they own tires ( not the Gov't. ) I had the Michelin Hydro-Edge on my RT on the rear …. I took it off at 34,000 mi., and I believe it was labeled at 450 UTQG …… Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well this is interesting ….. I know of 15 folks here who have them on now and NONE have mentioned any noise from the front ( or rear ) tire..... what psi are you using ????? …...…...Thanks …. Mike
    Mike, please read my post again... I don't have the tires yet. I was on the webpage ready to order a pair, and saw that user review that I quoted.

So my question was does anyone here have 20k miles yet, and are they noisy after that? Annnnd, it may take much more than 20k to reach that condition, due to the Spyder's lower weight.

BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Mike, please read my post again... I don't have the tires yet. I was on the webpage ready to order a pair, and saw that user review that I quoted.

So my question was does anyone here have 20k miles yet, and are they noisy after that? Annnnd, it may take much more than 20k to reach that condition, due to the Spyder's lower weight.
    No matter it's still interesting and 15 folks here haven't yet complained about noise ….. I have heard that they aren't the quietest tire, but their great traction is more important ...imho …. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Then I guess I'll go ahead and order a set today. I'll make a new thread to show my OEM Kenda fronts, if I can figure out how...

BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

I have Vredestein Quatrac 5 all around. I have put around 3k miles on them so far and I find them to be smooth and relatively quiet.
    I was ryding in a really bad South Fl rainstorm with a crazy amount of standing water and the rear did slide out once. I don't believe any
    other tire would have stuck better in that situation. Aside from the rear being slightly narrower than OEM, I love them!

Spyder Garage

Then I guess I'll go ahead and order a set today. I'll make a new thread to show my OEM Kenda fronts, if I can figure out how...
    Read ….. Jeffmal 's post ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

Just rode 2500 miles on them. The handling is so much improved over the stock tires! The trip also had 150 miles in really driving rain and the tire performed well during that portion of the trip too, being very sure-footed. I have not noticed more noise than the original stock tires. Time will tell the tale of how long they will hold up. So far though... really, really happy with the change to the Vredestein Quatracs.

Spyder Garage

Got mine about a month or two ago for the front. Like the tires, but the steering is somewhat squirrelly compared to the stock tires. Running a 17.5 right now, may go back to 19.
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    Got mine about a month or two ago for the front. Like the tires, but the steering is somewhat squirrelly compared to the stock tires. Running a 17.5 right now, may go back to 19.
    " squirrely "..... That has nothing to do with the Quatrac 5 tires.... More than 15 folks here have them and No one has reported this, I also doubt your 17.5 psi has anything to do with it either..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I ended up at 15 in the front and 16 in the rear with the Vredesteins all the way around. Of course in my neck of the woods you gain about 2-3 PSI just on daytime heating alone, not to mention road and friction heating. These pressures are for my bike unladen, and provide me with the largest contact patch without rolling the sidewalls into play. One thing I can say is they didn't make my Spyder more twitchy, squirrelly, or anything but more stable, with better handling (and balance. I got a bad Kenda front). All this without alignment. I can't wait for all this rain to pass so I can get to the alignment place, but it's one state away.
    h0gr1der

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have had TWO experiences in the past with "squirelly" handling right after getting new tires on cars: both times it was because the installer put waaaay too much air in them!

The first time was a full new set and the inflation was crazily uneven all around, up to 50 lbs in one tire. The second time was a new pair of fronts, with 37lb in one side and 42 in the other. Whaaat? The cars drove funny, but when I discovered the problem and let the pressure down to normal, the tires performed great, just like they should. Aaaahhhhhh!

BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds strange to me....I put fronts on mine a couple of weeks ago and put 16# in them. Steering and handling were immediately better, more stable. More secure in the curves.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper