Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Now see, this is something I'm sure I'd been a sucker to fall for if it had been available when we bought our 2020 RTL Marsala Red last year, simply because it plucks my twanger to own things not very many other people have. That green looks good to me in pics (not sure in person), and you're not gonna be in a sea of sameness while you're out their on the roads of our wonderful nation.
    Well, doesn't matter; We LOVE Ole Red, She's a beaut, and we can't part with her now.

Big Lenny

Spyder Garage

I have yet to test ride an F3 or Spyder to see which on might fit me best, but if the RT is a good fit I’ll probably try to get an S2S if it’s available when the time comes...hopefully in 2 - 3 months.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    This discussion reminds me of the special series Anniversary model that came out with black and gold coloring. I don't see many of these on the market so I wonder if they sold very well. Marketing was different, too I believe. Didn't they have to be special ordered? No direct shipping to dealers?
    They were a special order. BRP only made as many as were ordered. I'm not sure if they're ever stated how many were made.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    This discussion reminds me of the special series Anniversary model that came out with black and gold coloring. I don't see many of these on the market so I wonder if they sold very well. Marketing was different, too I believe. Didn't they have to be special ordered? No direct shipping to dealers?
    The Anniversary model seems to have been a flop for BRP. I would say that less than five were made or sold. BRP is not saying. There have only been three members who openly posted they purchased one. One was for sale from a person who bought from an original owner for a LONG time on the site.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-16-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    The Anniversary model seems to have been a flop for BRP. I would say that less than five were made or sold. BRP is not saying. There have only been three members who openly posted they purchased one. One was for sale from a person who bought from an original owner for a LONG time on the site.
    I thought they looked good. Reminded me of Burt Reynolds Trans Am

Spyder Garage

Was at Nash Motorsports in Mesa today. They said they are have an event Friday and Saturday and will have a S2S there. I will be here also! Was also told that yes every dealer had to talk one.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know my dealer is only getting 2. I got the first one because I dont want a red or blue one like everyone else.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Was at Nash Motorsports in Mesa today. They said they are have an event Friday and Saturday and will have a S2S there. I will be here also! Was also told that yes every dealer had to talk one.
    What day and time?
    We (wife & I) will be there Saturday for the last ride.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

These guys have one in stock; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-M41k2k8k

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    What day and time?
    We (wife & I) will be there Saturday for the last ride.
    I believe they open at 10. It is Nash Powersports.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I was surprised to go to my dealer and find the S2S I wanted to look at sold in five days. Actually 3 as they aren't open Sunday and Monday. Now if only my Marsala RTL come in!
    Spyder Stephen
    I can't be lost, I don't know where I'm going...

Spyder Garage

I believe they open at 10. It is Nash Powersports.
    Sorry I wasn't clear.
    Are you going on one of the demo rides this week at Nash's?
    If so which day and what time slot?
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Sorry I wasn't clear.
    Are you going on one of the demo rides this week at Nash's?
    If so which day and what time slot?
    I just want to go see a S2S in the wild! If I get on a 2020+ again, then I will be it deep trouble with DW. I rode a 2021 RT-L in my trike class back in November. Got to many mods on the 2018 now to think about a new one, and do not like the wheels on the standard 2021 RT-L Chrome ones, the flower petal ones. And do not like that dark look. I would like to find a set of 2019 RT-L Chrome wheels for my 2018, as I like the look of them.

Spyder Garage

Didn't like the OE wheels either!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    Didn't like the OE wheels either!
    I want your wheels!

Spyder Garage

Here's an unboxing of a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnGXovXhXs4

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Not even close, sir. OD is kinda cool looking. Highland Green (aka baby puke), not so much.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." That's what makes us individuals.
    I swore when I picked up my 2018 asphalt gray RTL that it would be my last motorcycle. Fast forward to Nov. 2020..... I saw a Petrol Blue 2020 RTL and fell in love all over again. Good bye Gracie, hello Blue Belle. Yup, now this is my last motorcycle........... maybe.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I watched the video and noticed Shawn said the S2S was the only Spyder to come from the factory with a harmonic vibration eliminator device (I think he called it an idler arm). That's news to me. I had no idea. That's worth a few hundred bucks assuming someone would pay a shop to install one (as I did). I still don't like the color. To each, their own, I guess. I like the wheels if they came in black. I'm pretty sure that's a Comfort seat with some fancy stitching.

So, let's go through this again.

1) Stock harmonic vibration eliminator device (+$300 incl labor)
    2) Comfort seat (+$900 which can be installed by a drunk 10 year old)
    3) Painted top case lid (+$300 incl labor)
    4) Comes with rear cover (+$150)
    5) Cool wheels (+$600...cost of most aftermarket wheels)
    6) Extra badging (+$0)
    7) Vomit colored paint (+$0)

We're up to $2250 in add'l "stuff" on the S2S. The S2S is about $2500 more than a Limited. I guess my opinion has slightly changed. I still can't stand the paint color and wouldn't buy one just because of that but if you were to add a harmonic vibration eliminator device, Comfort seat and rear cover, add aftermarket wheels and have the top case lid painted to match (which it should be on the Limiteds), you'd come up with almost the same price. I guess the price isn't as bad as I originally thought.

Now, if they would do all that to a Limited (including the same wheels in black), I'd seriously consider one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderStephen View Post
    I was surprised to go to my dealer and find the S2S I wanted to look at sold in five days. Actually 3 as they aren't open Sunday and Monday. Now if only my Marsala RTL come in!
    I'm also waiting on my Marsala Red. Sigh

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Just wandering what is the difference in it vs a RTL. The color sure turns me off. The only color I could find was the weird green. Are there others.

Jack
    I have seen it in person at our local dealership and it doesn't look that bad in person, that is my opinion. Also, they seem to be selling fast around here in Phoenix, this particular one was sold shortly after it hit the showroom floor.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I watched the video and noticed Shawn said the S2S was the only Spyder to come from the factory with a harmonic vibration eliminator device (I think he called it an idler arm). That's news to me. I had no idea. That's worth a few hundred bucks assuming someone would pay a shop to install one (as I did). I still don't like the color. To each, their own, I guess. I like the wheels if they came in black. I'm pretty sure that's a Comfort seat with some fancy stitching.

So, let's go through this again.

1) Stock harmonic vibration eliminator device (+$300 incl labor)
    2) Comfort seat (+$900 which can be installed by a drunk 10 year old)
    3) Painted top case lid (+$300 incl labor)
    4) Comes with rear cover (+$150)
    5) Cool wheels (+$600...cost of most aftermarket wheels)
    6) Extra badging (+$0)
    7) Vomit colored paint (+$0)

We're up to $2250 in add'l "stuff" on the S2S. The S2S is about $2500 more than a Limited. I guess my opinion has slightly changed. I still can't stand the paint color and wouldn't buy one just because of that but if you were to add a harmonic vibration eliminator device, Comfort seat and rear cover, add aftermarket wheels and have the top case lid painted to match (which it should be on the Limiteds), you'd come up with almost the same price. I guess the price isn't as bad as I originally thought.

Now, if they would do all that to a Limited (including the same wheels in black), I'd seriously consider one.
    Adjustable handle bars and extra lighting up front.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." That's what makes us individuals.
    I swore when I picked up my 2018 asphalt gray RTL that it would be my last motorcycle. Fast forward to Nov. 2020..... I saw a Petrol Blue 2020 RTL and fell in love all over again. Good bye Gracie, hello Blue Belle. Yup, now this is my last motorcycle........... maybe.
    RE: Last motorcycle. I bought my last motorcycle (2019 F3L) in December of 2019. Then I bought my last motorcycle again in Jan of 2021 (2020 F3L). We will have to see how this goes. Guess the words last and never have a slightly different meaning.

I am safe though for 2021. S2S is nice, but I am not turned on by the color. I already had that in a Suburu Forester (Sage Green).
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-18-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a friend whose license plate, "LastOne" has been on at least three cars!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Adjustable handle bars and extra lighting up front.
    I thought the adjustable handle bars {riser) was an optional accessory not stock???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I do believe that adjustable bars are optional, someone correct me if I'm wrong.