Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

One time I painted our 20x20 living room with cathedral ceiling. I painted four 2'X2' pieces or drywall in diff colors for the bride to consider. It took her a week to choose one and I put two coats on. After a week, she didn't like it, and I agreed to re-paint with two more coats of a diff. Color. After a day or two, I said "Don't worry honey, if you don't like this color, you can always have your next husband paint it"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    One time I painted our 20x20 living room with cathedral ceiling. I painted four 2'X2' pieces or drywall in diff colors for the bride to consider. It took her a week to choose one and I put two coats on. After a week, she didn't like it, and I agreed to re-paint with two more coats of a diff. Color. After a day or two, I said "Don't worry honey, if you don't like this color, you can always have your next husband paint it"

RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

I'm truly sorry to hear you'll not be riding to SpyderFest later this month. You and Nancy are always folks I look forward to seeing.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    I'm truly sorry to hear you'll not be riding to SpyderFest later this month. You and Nancy are always folks I look forward to seeing.
    We are disappointed, too. Even more so that the Owner's Event isn't looking promising, either. The timing is bad and the money is low. We'll see what happens. Playing things a tiny bit at a time, we don't plan ahead more than a week or two lately. There are lots of folks that we'd like to see...and you're at the top of our list. We'll just have to be patient.

I framed out the other shower niche today, and started hanging backer board for the tile. We don't get many days off. Tonight our BMW club is having dinner at the Gilmore Car Museum, followed by our club meeting, then a private tour of the Museum. We have to grab our fun where we can, but this may be one of the best club meetings we ever had.

Spyder Garage

It's nice to see you chose a light color for the interior walls. I have been looking at houses on Zillow and Trulia. Houses that use darker woods look doomy and gloomy inside. Hardly any light in those interiors. That would mean more lights and higher power bills.
    In your case, all those windows on the side of the great room help to light it up durning the day.

I was wondering, with all the snow that y'all get for such a long period of time, will there be planting of grass in your yard? Seems it would be a very short mowing season up there?

House looks great!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    It's nice to see you chose a light color for the interior walls. I have been looking at houses on Zillow and Trulia. Houses that use darker woods look doomy and gloomy inside. Hardly any light in those interiors. That would mean more lights and higher power bills.
    In your case, all those windows on the side of the great room help to light it up durning the day.

I was wondering, with all the snow that y'all get for such a long period of time, will there be planting of grass in your yard? Seems it would be a very short mowing season up there?

House looks great!
    To us, the mowing season seems endless...usually mid-April until mid-October. Maybe less this year, as Spring is running behind. We plan to have little or no mowed lawn, mostly meadows and native prairie and woodland plants. We do like the light in the house. Pretty strong in the winter with the reflection from the snow. It's a little less in the summer, with the shade of the trees, which prevents overheating. We think it will work out well.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Default What We Did Today

Today started well.....real foggy and wet, but uneventful. We drove about 75 miles north to pick up the reclaimed barnwood vanity for our guest bathroom, and then headed for the house. It rained hard much of the morning, but the fog never lifted...weird! The painters were busy at the house, then the builder dropped off our missing doors. We headed out a little early to try to get home in time to make some pizza dough for dinner. About 5 or 6 miles down the road a deer came out of nowhere and we hit it dead center. Nancy's HHR is a mess! The airbags didn't go off, and not because the key famed in recent recalls turned off...her engine kept running. Nancy hit the seatbelt pretty hard, and went into shock. I couldn't talk her into medical care, but after the state police trooper and I pried her door open to move her to the back seat she was pretty nauseous and her chest hurt. The trooper talked her into an ambulance ride. We spent the next four hours in the ER.

We are both OK. Nancy is sore, but the drugs quelled both the pain and the nausea. Like I said, mostly shock. The car isn't so good. Neither will our bank account be after a tow from the middle of nowhere. I have to look into a better road service plan. We'll see what the body shop says Monday. We're just glad that Spring has been so slow coming, and we weren't riding the Spyders. I have lived in Michigan all my life and have ridden and driven for over 50 years. This is my first deer hit. I have come close before, and we both have hit other critters, but this is the first time for a deer.
    Attached Images Attached Images