Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I'm 32 next month and just put a down payment on a Ryker 900. Can't wait for it to come.
    I've always loved riding (ATVs, scooter for college, took my dad's Spyder for a 200+ mile day trip). With 3 little ones at home though the Mrs. has always worried about me riding on 2 wheels. She has wanted to get me a spyder for several years, but the cost always made it hard to swallow. The Rykers are perfect for both of us. We both signed up for the class in a couple months.

Spyder Garage

Default Ryker buyers age.

I happened to talk to my dealer today. She said that the youngest buyer was 36. Don't have an exact number of Rykers sold. But I bought the first one from them. I am 66. So I guess it's a older group buying than expected.
    2018 F3 LIMITED , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Brand new to the forum and to three wheels. I'm 75, been on two wheels for about 60 years but legs are getting weak and three wheels seems the way to go. I'm through with long distance riding (after I get back from AK in June...) and don't need all the room a Spyder gives. I'll still make overnighters and a top box will suffice.

Spyder Garage

Still have 3 2wheelers
    Picking up Ryker in two weeks.
    76 years young. Looking forward to having fun.

Spyder Garage

I'm 76 and recently traded my 2015 F3 for a 900 Ryker. I've been riding since I was 16 and have had all kinds of bikes, dirt and street. I bought the Ryker because my F3 was standard shift and have been having some hip problems when shifting. The Ryker solved that problem and has been lots of fun. I've already put over 1000 miles on mine.

Spyder Garage

I hope you got the AC option on your 900!
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    I'm 53 and am trying to decide between the Rally and the 900. If I go with the 900 I will be opting for the Fox suspension and sway bar. The Rally seems to be a better deal cost-wise, but I'm really not interested in going full rally mode anyways.
    Also, I kinda like the idea of having change-able color inserts on the non rally rims. Only a couple of colors to choose from right now but I imagine there will be more soon.
    I still need to see them in person though.
    I struggled with the decision too but finally decided that the price difference was insignificant given the outfitting of the rally over the 900 Ace. I plan on a few dirt roads from time to time but like the upgraded suspension and included Max Mount anyway. By the time you outfit a 900 with suspension and stuff, you'll outprice the Rally. BTW, someone once said they could't see touring on a Rally...please, this is not a touring machine, it is a sporting vehicle (but I'll add a top box and do short two days tours anyway!)
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

Got my Ryker 900 for my 60th birthday
    Love it best gift i ever received

Spyder Garage

47. Any MN riders? PM me

Spyder Garage

Hope to have my 900 rally as soon as the dealer gets one in. I'm 57 and have ridden 2 wheels since I was a kid. My son is showing a lot of interest in getting a Ryker and he has already signed up for the safety course which his Aunt teaches in KC. I was on the fence about giving up 2 wheels but when he showed so much interest I thought it would be a good idea. He never showed any interest in my motorcycles but when I started talking about the Ryker and he saw one he was hooked immediately as was I.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    66 in January, my body is 99 cueman
    I can relate to you, man! At 62, my 1st joint started going bad 6 or 7 years ago. Finally quit putting off replacement, and got REALLY BAD hip (literally 1/2 the ball was gone!) replaced 7 months ago, and bad knee (opposite leg) replaced 2 1/2 months ago. I still have spinal stenosis which was diagnosed 20 years ago. Having prostate C treated soon.

I got my 1st bike 44 years ago, a 1974 Honda 450 DOHC. After a couple bikes after that, I went 20 years w/o one. Then when I started riding again a 2002 Honda Nighthawk 750), I was shocked when my hands got numb riding!!! Never happened 20 years prior.

Spyder Garage

30 here, but this thing has a habit of making me want to act like a testosterone-filled 16 year old. Its so much fun!
    2017 F3-T SM6 (his)| BajaRon Sway Bar, Lamonster Bright Ryder
    2019 Ryker 900 (hers) | Sport Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Rear Spoiler, Wheel Inserts/Decals

Spyder Garage

66 - first 3-wheeler. Rally.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by holinka182 View Post
    30 here, but this thing has a habit of making me want to act like a testosterone-filled 16 year old. Its so much fun!
    You Said It!!! I'm 70 and have the F3 also But I swear this thing will kill me or get me thrown in jail?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I'm 76 and going with The Rally

Spyder Garage

33 here i have had my Ryker 900 last week have put almost 400 miles on it. I love this thing.

Spyder Garage

Had my 600 Ace for a couple of months - love it!

Oh - by the way - age 77.

Spyder Garage

52 and this is my first bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyber2nd View Post
    52 and this is my first bike
    Actually, TRIKE.

Spyder Garage

I'm 74, already have 2720 miles on my 900 ACE purchased 1 Feb.

Spyder Garage

This thread reminds me of the Toyota / Scion bit. Toyota intended the XB to attract the young hipsters. However, for several reasons a lot of "seniors" bought them.

Spyder Garage

44 - First trike. I rode a few motorbikes in the very distant past but didn't even start driving until my late thirties, so I'm playing catch-up! (My soon-to-arrive Ryker 600 is going to be used mostly for commuting/short journeys.)

Spyder Garage

I'd still prefer to be on my venerable Yamaha Royal Star but after hip replacement surgery I went for a Spyder F3L. Two years later I also bought a Ryker 600 with the excuse that 'it's for the wife'. Yeah right. I seem to be the one riding it all the time now. It's just a bucketload of enjoyment, less refined than the F3L but much more fun.

Oh yeah, I'm 67.
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Spyder Garage

Hi.... I am a newbie to Can Ams.
    I'm age 78. Been riding 2 wheelers for 45 years. Have about 250,000 miles and been in every state. Have never been down. Have had 14 bikes over the years the biggest being a Goldwing.

A few years ago I downsized to a Burgman 650 scoot. Great machine but after all these miles in my life, I took my first spill. I went down in a pot holed gravelly parking lot at 3 mph. Got my self a badly cut knee (couple of stitches). The Burgman only a few scratches but I realized that lately coming to stop signs and having to put feet down and slow speeds, and also the twisty winding roads here in TN that I just dont seem to have the balance I used to........In order to stay in the wind I am going to need get a 3 wheeler.
    It's a very confusing process. To many choices. I'm thinking of starting with a Ryker and then if my wife stays interested (she will ride it to. Had her own Vulcan before) I will possibly move up to one of the 2 up touring models. My friend has a Spyder Ltd and let me ride it. I liked it but not sure I want to spend so much to get into this. Need to get a better feel for it.
    Any advice would be welcome. Also I hear some dealers have a lease program. Is this true?

Spyder Garage

Guess I am one of the younger ones, 37, got a 2018 f3 limited and love it, hubby is a Harley guy but I love my spyder.