Thread: San Diego Help

Spyder Garage

Default San Diego Help

I am driving my pickup from Tucson to San Diego for the installation of an AmeriDeck loader in the back of my pickup so I may transport my RT using only my pickup. My installation is Monday May 20th, beginning at 8am, at San Diego Hydraulics at 1400 Cleveland Ave, National City, CA 91950. I am not taking my Spyder; thus my post here on Spyderlovers. It would be so helpful if someone in San Diego that has an RT could join me Monday morning for test fitment of the AmeriDeck. I mean things like marking where the chocks need to be installed and general validation that it fits and works. I don't think it will take a lot of your time.

If anyone can help me please call me ASAP on my cell at (602) 625 5499 or email me at robhowen@gmail.com or PM me here on Spyderlovers. I can give you more details and we can arrange meeting.

Thank you and I hope this works for someone.

You can see what I'm talking about at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syz6MefiBAw

Regards,
    Rob Owen
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

You might want to get on Facebook and ask this on the Spyder Ryder of America -San Diego Chapter page. Good luck.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    I am driving my pickup from Tucson to San Diego for the installation of an AmeriDeck loader in the back of my pickup so I may transport my RT using only my pickup. My installation is Monday May 20th, beginning at 8am, at San Diego Hydraulics at 1400 Cleveland Ave, National City, CA 91950. I am not taking my Spyder; thus my post here on Spyderlovers. It would be so helpful if someone in San Diego that has an RT could join me Monday morning for test fitment of the AmeriDeck. I mean things like marking where the chocks need to be installed and general validation that it fits and works. I don't think it will take a lot of your time.

If anyone can help me please call me ASAP on my cell at (602) 625 5499 or email me at robhowen@gmail.com or PM me here on Spyderlovers. I can give you more details and we can arrange meeting.

Thank you and I hope this works for someone.

You can see what I'm talking about at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syz6MefiBAw

Regards,
    Rob Owen
    shoot a PM to Gene aka " Chupaca " i'm pretty sure He lives in San Diego …… Mike

Spyder Garage

b.u.m.p.
    Rob

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking.....

Have you checked with the local dealers who may have a demo you could use. Also you can check with the SRA (Spyder Ryders of America) San Diego. I do not have an RT but many there do. Also if you check with George Parry from SRA he knows them all...

Vey's motorsport in El Cajon and Lemon Grove
    Fun Bike Center in San Diego

Good luck
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your suggestions! Unfortunately one has to be a member to post on the SRA San Diego Facebook group.
    Rob

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for your suggestions! Unfortunately one has to be a member to post on the SRA San Diego Facebook group.
    Rob
    I am pretty sure if you ask they will allow you to join!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Rob
    I watched the video …. The model RT they showed looks Exactly ( the size / dimensions ) like yours. Why do you think yours won't fit ????? …..just a thought ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I understand, Mike. The one in the video MAY (not sure, and neither is the distributor) be a slightly longer model that they used to make (no longer make) for Spyders. If it's the standard model, what I'm getting, then I have no issue.
    Rob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Make sure you bring your owners manual. They have all the specs regarding size listed. Good Luck!
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Sandee, I've already sent factory specs to the installer and I just completed personally measuring this morning allowing a 2" gap at the front.
    Thank you,
    Rob

Spyder Garage

Rob
    George Parry would be the one to get in touch with you can text him at 1-619-339-1446 Tell him Gene gave you his number and he may have some folks more to the area you will be coming to....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you very much, Gene.
    Rob

Spyder Garage

Update: Paul from San Diego has contacted me and has graciously offered to meet me at San Diego Hydraulics! He saw my post on the Spyderlovers facebook page. Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Pics with your Spyder loaded up would be great!
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thanks for asking and I will after I get it home and install whatever chocks and tie-down methods I intend to use. I'll also create a brief video. I'm minimally going to use it for my Deadwood trip in July.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    Pics with your Spyder loaded up would be great!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Update: Paul from San Diego has contacted me and has graciously offered to meet me at San Diego Hydraulics! He saw my post on the Spyderlovers facebook page. Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions.

Rob
    I'm glad it worked out for you, Rob.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Update: David Levitt at Sierra Cycles called me and offered me the use of an RT that he had just purchased in San Diego. How many dealers do you know that would that? The AmeriDeck was installed Monday by San Diego Hydraulics, who I can't say enough about. Truly great folks that did an outstanding job. More to come as I install mounts for my RT. I'll post a new thread of what it is like with photos, videos, and my experience.

Thanks again Paul!

Rob