Spyder Garage

Smile 2020 RT Aftermarket parts/farkles Wish List

Rode my 2020 RTL 140 miles home from the dealer yesterday, and here are a few things that I found have changed, no longer fit, would be nice to have or wonder if I need it.

***Feel free to add to the Wish List, so all the wonderful people that make mods for the Spyders, know what we're looking for. ***

1. I need a dash mounted power outlet for things such as heated gear (which I needed yesterday).

2. Separate USB port on the dash.

3. Neither my full cover or half travel cover fit because of the redesign.

4. Would love to have the 3M clear film protectors for the headlamp assembly. Hubby's BMW has those and it protects the lenses from chips and scratches.

5. Wide view mirrors would be great!

6. My Drink to Go holder was too big (hit plastic)

7. It would be great to have an organizer or divider for the top case and a small LED light. I want to keep one side clear for a helmet and the other for gloves, Buffs, bottled water, etc.

8. Might need belt tensioner as I felt a hum in the floorboards around 73-77 mph. Same with a laser alignment and BajaRon sway bar with Heim links.

9. The 2020 shocks are pretty good, but I had Elka's on the '14, so it's probably not a fair comparison.
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your list as I am just thinking about what I want to add to my 2020 Spyder RTL. I had a 2012 where I put plugs in for heated clothing and planned to do that on this Spyder. But instead my wife and I are going to try out portable battery clothing (Mobile Warming is the brand), which claims to last about 8 hours which is more than I need and we can recharge in a hotel at night. We decided, as she gets cold, that you don't have to cool down when you get off the bike and no extra wires to deal with when getting off. Sounds like not a problem in your case.

Good idea on the wide view mirrors. I am waiting for the trailer hitch, comfort seats, and a skid plate to come in. The only other thing right now on my list is an XM Radio for my wife to listen to music while on the road connected to her bluetooth helmet.

Good Luck with your new ride.
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Have fun with your new RT! Great suggestion! When my wired heated gear goes out, I will look at the battery ones.

Spyder Garage

When we took a test ride they showed us that the top box has a light in it. The key has to be on for it to work. Yours should have this.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Mobile warming has dual wired and battery thats what i suggest and have used for years works great

Spyder Garage

Thanks!!! I found the frunk light yesterday but didn’t check the top case. It’s a nice light in the top. It is neat there are lights in both storage spaces now

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    When we took a test ride they showed us that the top box has a light in it. The key has to be on for it to work. Yours should have this.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CentralCoastCA View Post
    Rode my 2020 RTL 140 miles home from the dealer yesterday, and here are a few things that I found have changed, no longer fit, would be nice to have or wonder if I need it...
    You should consider directly contacting some of the SL vendors, like Spyderpops (bet Harvey is already working on some), Value Accessories, Wrap My Spyder for the lens protectors. If you give the vendors something to think about you could be paying it forward for future 2020 RT owners.

Regarding the belt tensioner, a less expensive alternative is adjusting the belt tension itself.

Enjoy your new ryde!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your opinions from the 140 mile ride. For the break in period are there any restrictions recommended on speed or just RPM's, or none at all.

Good to know that my 2010 covers won't fit!

Never had an issue with rock chips on my current ride. Maybe I have just been lucky.

Did you get the stock seat or comfort seat, and how did you like it. Did you have the backrest also?

Spyder Garage

I got the stock seat and I was surprised that I liked it, as the foam softened up, but not too much. I did not get the backrest, but I will, IMHO it will work better for long rides. I did ride passenger yesterday (a rare event) and I was surprised at how much room was on the back seat, and it was a little higher up - so I could see around my husband's helmet much better.

I think the other thing that helps with seating is the massive floorboards, which allows foot placement wherever feels good, LOL.

I had hard acrylic lens covers on my '14 RT, and it was easy to take them off and clean them - I did get a lot of rock chips on the acrylic but we tour a lot, so that could explain it.

Break in recommendations from the manual page 48:

A break in period of 600 miles is required for the vehicle. During the first 200 miles, avoid hard braking (there's a warning box on brakes and tires for break in)

- During first 600 miles
    Avoid full throttle acceleration
    Avoid prolonged riding maintaining constant RPM
    If the cooling fans operate continuously during stop and go traffic, pull over shut off the engine to let it cool off or speed up to let the engine cool off

I'm still working though BRP connect.

Spyder Garage

Something that would be kind of cool, but not necessary. Reflective stickers cut out to the shape of the BRP logoing on the back of the top case. Also, either stick on LED auxiliary lighting or reflective stickers on the back of the side cases where they have some black plastic textured flat panels.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6