Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
Now at least four that I know of. Not trying to incite anyone, just stating what is known to be true. Take a look at the complaints about the 2013 RT's on the NHTSA site. You will find that almost all are complaints about people getting burned, excess heat, boiling gasoline, and more. Are these people trying to incite? I think not. They are simply reporting known issues in the hope that BRP may wake up & get serious about fixing what many of the complainants refer to as "dangerous machines". It is my hope that no one is injured or worse when the next one burns.
So you personally know what caused this fire before anyone else? We on this forum do not know what mods have been made to this bike either by BRP or the owner. The owner of this machine stated that he spent thousands to correct the heat problem.
Really, on a 2013 that is under warranty.

I have owned 4 spyders one was a 2013 RT .............. put 7500 miles on it without issue. Traded for a 2013 ST Ltd.
In my opinion, people such as yourself do incite dislike and mistrust.
Also, even though I have had no dealings with Carlo at BRP, many people on this forum seem to like him and find him helpful.
If you dislike these -in your own words- dangerous machines, why don't you just sell it and buy a Toyota or GM or Ford or Honda or HD product? They have all had recalls for a variety of things.
I don't care if some on this forum find this post a little salty or acidic, get out your flame throwers I can take it.
Wait for the facts of the fire investigation, then start spouting off!