Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with handling or safety. I believe it is a legal issue because of a few words on the sidewall.
    The words on the sidewall have nothing to do with the Spyder. And everything to do with being able to sell a very lightweight, non car worthy car tire. The wording on the sidewall is there specifically to prevent someone unknowingly having them mounted and run on a car. This could very well end in catastrophic failure. And I don't think it would take very long.

An appropriate car tire is safer, better constructed and, many times, less expensive. I cannot fathom a tire knowledgeable person having a problem with swapping the poorly constructed Kendas for a much better car tire. But to each his own.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-13-2020 at 03:27 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The words on the sidewall have nothing to do with the Spyder. And everything to do with being able to sell a very lightweight, non car worthy car tire. The wording on the sidewall is there specifically to prevent someone unknowingly having them mounted and run on a car. This could very well end in catastrophic failure. And I don't think it would take very long.

An appropriate car tire is safer, better constructed and, many times, less expensive. I cannot fathom a tire knowledgeable person having a problem with swapping the poorly constructed Kendas for a much better car tire. But to each his own.
    .... However imho, the most important thing they printed on the sidewall is that the Crapenda ... MUST ... be mounted on a " J " type rim / wheel..... and guess what the OEM BRP wheel is ...................... yup a " J " type wheel ..... Mike