Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THESE LED's

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    Fine. In the UK we have a bunch of vehicle regulations which specifies (among lots of other stuff) wattage and the colors of driving lamps. This ensures that other road users are are not dazzled, nor led to believe that a flying saucer has just landed up ahead. Some of the LED-modified Spyders I've seen here are so colorful that an approaching driver might think he was about to run into an escaped fairground ride! Whatever you do is OK by me, my name isn't Thorne. What's more I'm located safely on the far side of the pond!
    The ones I'm referring to are BRIGHT WHITE .....NOT COLORED......They are for road use ...............Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    The ones I'm referring to are BRIGHT WHITE .....NOT COLORED......They are for road use ...............Mike
    Understood. I have fitted a pair of white high intensity LED lamps to the front mudguard supports of my RT. An advantage of fixing them there is to direct illumination onto the ground in the direction the Spyder is turning. I would supply photos but I am at present away from home.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LED'S THAT TURN

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    Understood. I have fitted a pair of white high intensity LED lamps to the front mudguard supports of my RT. An advantage of fixing them there is to direct illumination onto the ground in the direction the Spyder is turning. I would supply photos but I am at present away from home.
    That will work in a parking lot but on the road / highway I doubt it. Do you know how much your front wheels actually move from straight while you are driving down the road and following the curves.?????.....Even on a Twisty road not much..................I doubt there is much difference between that and the body of the Spyder............................IMO...Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    That will work in a parking lot but on the road / highway I doubt it. Do you know how much your front wheels actually move from straight while you are driving down the road and following the curves.?????.....Even on a Twisty road not much..................I doubt there is much difference between that and the body of the Spyder............................IMO...Mike
    That's exactly right. DRL's when fitted by vehicle manufacturers meet the regulations by automatically switching off as the headlights switch on. I wired my DRL's through the RT's switch panel, giving me control over their use. As you intimated it is at night on parking lots, etc, and indeed any twisty maneuvers in the dark that the DRL's come into their own. Now I have them I wouldn't be without them.

Spyder Garage

The small, bezel blank in the lower set of RT-S and RT-L fog lamps is for the James Bond machine gun mod. But you're not supposed to know about that. It's all classified, and such.

Spyder Garage

Default RT - S Fog Light Question

I'm from the other side of the pond and I have the silly silver discs in my 2014 RT standard, my next project is to cut the discs out and fit cree element LEDs in, I'll report when I've done it or failed as the case may be. I don't know if the wires are there ready for the official BRP mod, but there are 3 switch blanks on the dash with wires behind each one that look like they just plug onto the pins of a switch, bet I'll need to locate fuses aswell.

Anyone got any fitting instructions for the approved fog light kit? may give me sone clues
    2014 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I wonder if you guys are aware of "CAN-AM SPYDER RT 2013 & PRIOR 5-LED FRONT HEADLAMP LIGHTING ACCENT KIT" which BRP used to sell (as Part Number #219400188) to fit in that nice area beside the main light? They no longer sell it, according to my dealer, but I see a pair for sale here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAN-AM-SPY...-/201553862168

You can see it much better in this photo which I found:

5-LED front headlamp lighting accent KIT CAN-AM SPYDER RT 2015 & PRIOR 219400188.jpg

I wanted to install something in that area, so I went in behind the headlights to take a look. The wiring and connector is already in place, but the holes are filled with chrome dishes - and I couldn't figure out how to get them out!

Spyder Garage

Default RT - S Fog Light Question

Trying to investigate this possibility of removing chrome disc where fog light should be on LOWER headlight. Can't seem to remove lower headlamp, removed 3 plastic rivets on top and screw on side, what's holding it on the outer edge?, surely you don't need to romove the frunk just to get the headlamp module off. Looked on youtube but all the videos stop short of removing lower headlight,

I looked on the BRP fitting intruction website for optional lower fog lights and they indicated removing the frunk, does anyone know an easier way, if the frunk has to come off I think I'll abandon the project.
    2014 RT , Black