Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default BRPCare . . . a Question Regarding the 2013 RT Recall

BRPCare, along with the recall, I received an update for the maintenance schedule . . . but will there be a similar update forthcoming that describes the process to remove the panels, now that the new scoops are installed?

Or, could you provide us the written procedure?

Thanks . . . by the way, I think BRP found the solution . . . going on a four day, three night trip this weekend and the temps are supposed to hit the mid 90's, so I'll be really getting a good test!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i would think the scoop is attached to the panel, so removing the panel should be the same

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looking at the instructions for adding the scoops, I don't think the panel removal procedure has changed.

EXCEPT a slight difference. The 2 screws that use to hold on the air deflectors are now holding the scoops to the side of the body. You pop out the grill on the scoops and remove those 2 screws.

Dan, do you have the PDF of the recall instructions?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Looking at the instructions for adding the scoops, I don't think the panel removal procedure has changed.

EXCEPT a slight difference. The 2 screws that use to hold on the air deflectors are now holding the scoops to the side of the body. You pop out the grill on the scoops and remove those 2 screws.

Bob
    bob, the tool that the dealers needed from BRP, was it a template. did they cut the panel to allow more air flow or was it just for the holes that hold the scoop on

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    bob, the tool that the dealers needed from BRP, was it a template. did they cut the panel to allow more air flow or was it just for the holes that hold the scoop on
    They "enlarge" the vent holes that are currently on the stock panel that have that grill over them. My assumption is yes they make them bigger to get more air from the scoops. Also the acoustic panels are removed because without removing those the air from the scoops would not get into the engine area.

Bob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob
    Looking at the install instructions to figure it out (most people do not have them) is not what BRP needs to do they need to send out an addendum to the owners manual to owners with the scoops supplying the proper steps for removal of said panel IMHO.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I ever get the scoops I will do a video

Bob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I ever get the scoops I will do a video

Bob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Go to this link and you will see a picture of a side panel with the new hole cut in it . . . considerably bigger . . .

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Bob, I have a link to the PDF . . .
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes Dan I can see why they supply a jig to cut that panel.
    Gettin that hole right over the curve in the panel would be tricky freehand.
    But it can be done just will take longer

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry The Heat Recall-

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    BRPCare, along with the recall, I received an update for the maintenance schedule . . . but will there be a similar update forthcoming that describes the process to remove the panels, now that the new scoops are installed?

Or, could you provide us the written procedure?

Thanks . . . by the way, I think BRP found the solution . . . going on a four day, three night trip this weekend and the temps are supposed to hit the mid 90's, so I'll be really getting a good test!
    I am in the process of having this done. I have a 2013 RT Limited. The dealer wants me to drop it off for a day to see if it needs the recall done then they said they would order the parts they find it needs. I could then it up and they would call me when the parts arrived, and I could schedule an appointment to have it done. Could you give ma an idea as to what parts and or what they did to your spyder. Thanks for any information you can give me so I have some idea as to what they are supposed to be doing per the Offical BPRCare Recall. My computer skills are not that good so I do not know all the in and outs of looking things.

Spyder Garage

You do not need to make two trips to the dealer. The recall applies to ALL 2013 RTs worldwide. No exceptions. Have them order the parts and set the appointment when they are available. If they still refuse to order the parts in, call BRP and let them know your dealer is refusing to perform the recall. Things will get sorted quickly.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tell them to order the parts; ALL of the 2013 RTs need to have this work done on them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black