Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Good for you!

I recently purchased my first Spyder as well. I am also in the process of getting my endorsement to ride it here in Nevada. I can't really give you much advice as I am new to this whole "bad ass" habit as well. But I can tell you you've found the right place. Just following the threads here you will learn so much! And everyone is friendly and willing to answer your questions. So Welcome! And congratulations on your new Spyder

Spyder Garage

Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

So here is a picture of my air compressor air gauge, I just want to be sure I get this right. I think it says 10 lb at the top, but then it goes down the stick with a 10, 20, 30, 40. Right now I have the shock at 30 which obviously is not enough I think. I just don't want to make a mistake and blow the thing out! Yikes....haha, so I am showing you guys so someone can tell me if I am right, Being I weigh about 150 lbs, I think 42psi is right, so I can take it up to 42 on this stick gauge right? On Friday my tool kit for the bike will be here, I don't know if it has a pressure gauge guy in it, but if not I will buy a portable one to add in to it.

Yes I plan on getting the skid thing for the front, and the belt protector thing as well being I live on a rural ranch with a dirt road that is a bit bumpy, and with loose stones here and there that the guys are cleaning off, I don't want to have an accident with my belt. I have no choice but to come up to it, to the little garage I have built for it. It is about 400 meters long. If the air in the shock does not do it for me I will buy or make the shock extender guys (sorry about my wording but I just am not into the Spyder talk completely yet) I like the Tupperware word haha, Love that! And Farkle, Frunk, and all of that I am learning, unfortunately I don't have anyone to share these words with here, being I am the only person I know with a Spyder that speaks English! haha So funny.

When I ride here, which hasn't been often. I am still having issues with the insurance, but Wednesday it should be insured completely, and I am not willing to ride it too far without it. Other motorcycles catch up with me, forcing themselves greatly, and I have had up to 6 around me, in front and behind haha, but they have a very hard time keeping up with me. We do have some nice bikes here, but not that many, we have a Harley Dealer not to far from me, but I love my Can-am Spyder. I cannot imagine life without my Spyder now.

I found the boost on the bass yesterday too! thank you Vega, rbob, ANN!! prairie! And everyone else! Not my fingers! haha, anyway, so I take it up to 42 on this gauge or up to 65? Or around that in between? Thanks again, don't want to hurt my bike or kill myself....I saw an accident once with an air compressor, the guy almost lost his finger by putting to much pressure in a tire and it exploded, lucky him it was a small tire. Or it could have killed him. So I am a bit cautious.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I figure my gauge is PSI so I raised it from 30 to 50 and poof, no more hitting speed bumps! Thank you so much Ann for this help! I will be getting all the other items to help protect it better as well! I appreciate the help alot. I went to the next town today on it, and it was definitely different and much nicer! I don't have to take speed bumps as a crawl anymore, I can slowly go over them, not horribly slow like before! More fun!

Spyder Garage

I went riding today and ended up at an Ex-Hacienda where I had a nice lunch! This is basically an Ex-Plantation. Hernan Cortez built part of it from what I understand. It is called San Gabriel de las Palmas. People gathered around me to check out the motorcycle hehe, I am friends with the owners of this Ex-Hacienda...
    Attached Images Attached Images